Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bhavin Shah

Using An Imported Phone

Hello,

I intend to bring in a phone from USA.. Whose tech specs are cdma2000 1x/evdo, digital dual band (800 and 1900 mhz), can this be used on Reliance? I dont know if it i can use a ruim in that.. But can the phone be programmed for Reliance?

^^^

@Bhavin Shah

MY dear friend, as of now EVDO is not supported by Reliance, but in the near future EVDO is expected with Reliance also.

Regards.

That handset should be compatible with Reliance's network since its dual band (800 & 1900 Mhz compatible), though EVDO will not work for now since Reliance doesn't have EVDO support. But it is not going to work if you use an RUIM card from Reliance because Reliance doesn't allow activation of handsets from outside. The handset may be possible to be programmed, but that procedure is considered to be illegal. You can try tinkering your handset with various CDMA softwares available on the internet for that.

That handset should be compatible with Reliance's network since its dual band (800 & 1900 Mhz compatible), though EVDO will not work for now since Reliance doesn't have EVDO support. But it is not going to work if you use an RUIM card from Reliance because Reliance doesn't allow activation of handsets from outside. The handset may be possible to be programmed, but that procedure is considered to be illegal. You can try tinkering your handset with various CDMA softwares available on the internet for that.

Even if reliance offers EVDO in near future keep in mind that EVDO can not be activated unlessphone is supplied by service providers. As EVDO authentication is very typical and still people are unable to break. Also in 1X I dont think any one is able to connect to QNC. Thats the reason why R WORLD is not available in after market phones with RUIM. So who ever is buying handsets from market / US keep in mind that EVDO will not be available on after marker / tweaked handsets.

Important thing, changing ESN is illegal. Programming handset without affecting its FCC ID and ESN is absolutely legal.

hi

all us cdma phones are compatible with reliance , tata , bsnl - tarang , mtnl garuda and the new one Virgin mobile .

Tata openly configures imported phones . virgin also offers the same .

Reliance does not offer this . but if u get a phone model like ppc 6700 and 6800 u can add ruim slot and use reliance.

By the way You can get PPC 6700 and 6800 at cheaper price which are esn blocked can be used in india by adding ruim slot or changing ESN. Need any help u can contact me . came to US in december .