Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Din

Launched - Un-official Website Of Bsnl Data Card

New website dedicated to BSNL ! I just completed it.

Please have a look - http://bsnldatacard.com

Before you press the 'report' or 'delete' button ..

There are no banners, no google ads and no referral links. There is no commercial / business / personal interest behind this website. I found the BSNL data card to be useful and affordable, so thought I will help others by providing the details based on my experience.

Please leave your comments/suugestions/criticism either here in the thread or in the website.

Thank you all.

Good going pal.

but all this data cards are getting boring now. give us wimax or HSDPA or EVDO for that matter.

Edited by Shaikhsadik

@din

Good work my dear friend. Although the site is unofficial but it consists nearly all the know-how of BSNL data card.

The only con in BSNL data card is that we can't use it in Desktops. As you yourself stated in the website that their is no guarantee, if it can work in desktops.

Hope that BSNL should come up with a USB modem like Reliance also.

Regards.

Well if its RUIM based, option for USB modems are always open.

@Din

In your site u have indicated that the card is T-sim enabled.

Is BSNL providing RUIM/T-sim based connection? If yes can you please check if the same SIM provided by BSNL can be used to with a SIM based CDMA handset (with modem) / Modem to access the net.

If its successful then various USB options can be available.

@hetaldp

Rs. 250 is for internet only. but i think u need also to have a voice plan activated. So, Rs.400 is possibly includes with the voice rental.

Edited by commonman

^^^

My dear friends, I think the rental difference is because of the type of data card available with BSNL. Rs.250/- is for normal 144 kbps card and Rs.400/- is for EVDO card which provide you the speeds upto 2mbps. But still I'm not confirmed. Can someone throw some light on this ?

Regards.

Thank you for your comments and sugestions friends

@Shaikhsadik

You are right, but when there is no other options (like broadband etc), this one is good as speed is ok kinda and rates are good too. Hope BSNL will launch EVDO soon.

@Honest

PCI-to-PCMCIA adpater - it may work, but that is not guranteed. From my experience, it didn't work, but thats not the final word and it may work.

@commonman

Sure, I will check it and will post details.

@hetaldp

Rs.250 is for unlimited internet (data plan). Rs.150 is voice (data plan) and it is not optional, and min voice rental is Rss.150. That is how the total comes to Rs.400.

Also, if you prefer to use the data card on rental basis, it will be Rs.550 (Rs.150 as rental) total but it still worth if good coverage is there as Tata and Reliance charge Rs.1500+ tax for the same.

@Honest

No, that is the rate for the 144 kbps thing. EVDO is on the way, not launched yet. The rate for EVDO may not be the same.

I will keep you updated if I get any more info.

Good info Guys.

This is not useful for Mtnl users in Delhi & Mumbai,

But Thanks to all of u as rest of India can use this info.

Rimweb is best for Indians.