Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cmahendra

New Dhamaka Very Soon: Wired Telephone Companies Will Close Very Soon Due To Voip

New Dhamaka Very Soon: Wired Telephone Companies Will Close Very Soon due to VoIP

===========================================================

We have been using skype and yahoo voice chat since long time in our PCS even with dialup connection (56 kbps). Now we (me too) are already using yahoo and hotmail messengers on ....

1) 100+ kbps Internet .....in GSM GPRS Mobiles

2) 247+ kbps Internet .....in GSM EDGE GPRS Mobiles

3) 144- kbps Internet .....in CDMA Mobiles

Developers are working on SKYPE Clients to be used on OPENMOKO mobile phones and very soon the client software will be available on all latest mobiles based on Symbian, Linux and JAVA Enabled phones, etc. Skype for Symbian is already out. See link below.

Openmoko (www . openmoko . com) is new independent Operating System technology based on linux open source code and millions of linux develpers all over the world are writing softwares for openmoko handsets. Means depending on your requirements, you can change OS of your mobile like we change Linux or MSWindows on our PCS. Few handsets for developers are already out like NEO1973, MOTOROLA-A1200E(WITH OPENMOKO), Sharp Zaurus SL-C1000, etc. All these are based on SAMSUNG ARM CPU. Search "OPENMOKO" in YOUTUBE and visit OPENMOKO .ORG and see them live and already working.

In very near future the Internet will allow you to call anyone in the world with the help of SKYPE (or YAHOO or MSN like other services) free of cost, So you need only a mobile SIM cards with GPRS and Handsets with Skype Installed. WHY SOMEONE WILL NEED THE LANDLINE PHONE WITH STD AND ISD FACILITY? JUST IMAGINE YOU ARE CALLING ANY PHONE IN THE WORLD FREE OF COST (OR NOMINAL TARRIFS) WITH CRYSTAL CLEAR SOUND LIKE SKYPE.

I AM ALREADY DREAMING OF 2MBPS WIRELESS INTERNET ON MY MOBILE :D . AREN'T You Excited?

C Mahendra.

PS: Remember mobile companies may block some sites like SKYPE to slowdown the progress but they cant control the new sites keep coming very often. And there is always a competition when consumer gets benefit.

References:

1) visit www. skype .com and try it on PC. For symbian version visit http://forum.skype.com/index.php?showtopic=63873

2) visit www. openmoko . com for handset details and purchase

3) visit www . openmoko . org for Projects and R&D details

4) search a single word "OpenMoko" in YouTube . com and watch all videos for live demos

5) Lets Dream BIG, and we will all achieve.

Edited by cmahendra

5 years is what i guess will take for VoIP success in india.

Companies paying hefty license amount to government, they wont let consumer to make this kinda services.

But no doubt one day we will be paying more for subscription than paying bills or recharging.

Companies paying hefty license amount to government, they wont let consumer to make this kinda services.

But no doubt one day we will be paying more for subscription than paying bills or recharging.

License amount has come down in last few years and services became more cheaper than before. Remeber those days of Rs.8 for incoming calls and Rs.16 for outgoing calls? Now incoming is free in all/most countries. So anything can happen. Its all based on goverment policies and its different in different countries. Lets wait and watch. It will take at least 3 years for VoIP success, not only India, but all over the world. We are not south africa remote country which developes later than western countries. Dont find anything wrong in DREAMING :D lol

C Mahendra

License amount has come down in last few years and services became more cheaper than before. Remeber those days of Rs.8 for incoming calls and Rs.16 for outgoing calls? Now incoming is free in all/most countries. So anything can happen. Its all based on goverment policies and its different in different countries. Lets wait and watch. It will take at least 3 years for VoIP success, not only India, but all over the world. We are not south africa remote country which developes later than western countries. Dont find anything wrong in DREAMING :D lol

C Mahendra

Well "sapne dekhenge tabhi to poore honge", 100% agree with you.

what will happen to government and private companies where land line phone bills are used as proof of address???? :mellow::D

Also VOIP requires good quality data connectivity, which no GPRS or 1XRTT can give. I still fail to understand since when GPRS has became 244 kbps???? :D:D

WELLL THINK ABT THIS

SUNROCKET.COM (VOIP COMPANY) Closed operations in USA. Could not hold on....

VOnage is on verge of close down due to case V/s Verizon.

Trust me nothing like this is happning here.

what will happen to government and private companies where land line phone bills are used as proof of address???? :P:Confuso:

Also VOIP requires good quality data connectivity, which no GPRS or 1XRTT can give. I still fail to understand since when GPRS has became 244 kbps???? :winko::GirandoOjos:

Dont worry kshah,

Have you read about GPRS and EDGE GPRS details in other forum http://www.rimweb.in/forums/index.php?show...0509&st=15#

In fact I saw your posting there also. EDGE can support 384 kbps if all 8 timeslots (channels) are used. Read more in above post.

Skype on GSM is already here and I already posted about that Skype Client for Symbian phone is available ( www.fring.com ). But VoIP does not rely only on GSM dude. In mumbai TATA INDICOM is already giving WIFI service in many areas. Its based on 802.11b/n standard and new PDA phones are already having WIFI. So it will not be wrong if I say that WIFI can take over more than 50% of GSM and CDMA market in future. I am also keeping regular watch on TATA's WIFI costs and waiting keenly to see if there is any unlimited bandwidth package is availbale or not.

Read this ... Details on WIFI READ HERE >> http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-wifi.htm

AND HERE >> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wi-Fi

Hope WIFI takes over very soon.

CM

Edited by cmahendra

WELLL THINK ABT THIS

SUNROCKET.COM (VOIP COMPANY) Closed operations in USA. Could not hold on....

VOnage is on verge of close down due to case V/s Verizon.

Trust me nothing like this is happning here.

THERE IS NOTHING TO THINK ABOUT. SKYPE IS ALREADY STARTED OPERATING IN INDIA AND ALL OVER THE WORLD. You can even pay in Indian Rupees if you want VoIP to Landline phone. Otherwise SKYPE SERVICE ON DEVICE TO DEVICE IS FREE. Checkout www.ebay.in and search a word "skype" and you will find thousands of Skype Phones are available which work in VOIP on WIFI. Wifi already available in many MAjor cities.

Who cares Sunrocket.com closed or not (we never heard it as Skype is successfully opetaring since long time) I dont think Skype will close in very near future, its full-fledged large incorporation. I am already using SKYPE for free international DEVICE to DEVICE calls.

Let me tell you honestly, Negative attitude about anything is not going to help you. Think positive and DREAM BIG, as I always say. Of course all above I mentioned is fact and not from my dreams :winko:

C Mahendra

Well i still remember the quote by our last president, "small dreams are crime, Dream big. Because dreams transform into thoughts, and thoughts result in action with hard work of course,"

Very well said Mr Missile man.

So i dream of 2 GBPS unlimited connection, for cheap price. give away bandwidth and see INDIA grow. ( They screaming of Pan-INDIA fiber optic cable, but they dont put enough bandwidth to travel in them. lol

anyways what speed we need to make VOIP call??

anyways what speed we need to make VOIP call??

64 - 100 kbps is more than enough i think