Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
chandannasta

How To Get Birth Certificate In Mumbai

Guys I need my birth certificate. I have it with me but its torn from all the four sides of corner of the page. I was born in hyderabad 27 years ago and right after that from my childhood I am staying in mumbai. I dont even have the hospital number and I dont even know if that hospital still appears in Hyderabad. So guys I would like to know how to have a duplicate birth certificate in Mumbai, if you can please help me out.

I don't even have my birth certificate. The school leaving certificate does the same job anywhere. It is legal proof of birth date.

Guys I need my birth certificate. I have it with me but its torn from all the four sides of corner of the page. I was born in hyderabad 27 years ago and right after that from my childhood I am staying in mumbai. I dont even have the hospital number and I dont even know if that hospital still appears in Hyderabad. So guys I would like to know how to have a duplicate birth certificate in Mumbai, if you can please help me out.

try local municiap corporation near the hospital or of the towm. they have the records of all the boys and girls born in a aprticular year. and the hospitals also have to submit their records to the local body.

you have been issued the certificate then another copy will be with the hospital and one copy will be with the local body.

on your request they can issue another birth certificate but it may be marked as 'duplicate'.

it will take ime, but then we all know how the things can be made to move fast...

@chandannasta

If you are coming to hyd, then I think you can go to MCH office at Liberty/Tank Bund on the 4th Floor.

your 10th marksheet will also do the work for the proof of DOB or you can use affadavit on the stam paper of Rs 100 or above. for this check with any lawyer they might charge you 200 to 300 for this service

^^^

@Chandannasta

My dear friend, as described by Manish in his above post, you can definetely use your Secondary School Certificate (10th class) as proof of your age.

And you can also contact your childhood school for a copy of your birth certificate. Because at the time of admission in the school they take birth certificate from the parents. Although it is difficult but not impossible.

Regards.

try local municiap corporation near the hospital or of the towm. they have the records of all the boys and girls born in a aprticular year. and the hospitals also have to submit their records to the local body.

you have been issued the certificate then another copy will be with the hospital and one copy will be with the local body.

on your request they can issue another birth certificate but it may be marked as 'duplicate'.

it will take ime, but then we all know how the things can be made to move fast...

Thanks guys 4 your help you have been really grateful but i am just thinking of going to the sion hospital and have a look by paying them 200-300 rs and then getting it out if it helps out then its really grateful.

I don't even have my birth certificate. The school leaving certificate does the same job anywhere. It is legal proof of birth date.

Not every where as per law, there is some cutoff date after which one requires birth certificate as a proof. Ofcourse no one asks and school leaving is accepted by all. But I will suggest to have birth certificate.