Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MasterMind

Handsfree

Hi Guys!!!

Anybody noticed that the handsfree set (headphones) of the color lg handset is more sophisticated than the one that comes with lg2030?

Now, the million dollar question is 'Will that one work with lg2030?'..... I kind of remember noticing one guy with lg2030 using the other handsfree set... but, thats was on a bus and just a passing glance so, was unable to confirm.

Now, I would like to purchase the other handsfree (available for 350/- - 400/- at the webworld...) but would like to know for sure whether it will work with my handset.. the guys at the web world do not seem to have any idea about this...

Anybody else tried this out.?

I will try that for U - will let u know by evening :)

But I want to tell U that the one that comes with 7130 (color Life's Good - I mean LG) set is too short although it has a extra thread to wear aroung the neck.

I just tested it to work fine here in both Directions. 7130 cable with 2030 and vice versa.

Code, I have a GTRAN handset which comes with a pretty inconvenient handsfree. Its short and wierd. Maybe has some cigarette charger attachment.

I was wondering if those LG handsfree work with GTRAN. Can you help me with this one ? Also i believe fm radio handsfree are available for LG. Is their reception quality good enough? and will they work with GTRAN, any idea ?

Hi gtran_rocks I don't know anyone around who has GTRAN so can't test. Also I never tried the one with FM for LG (Honestly I didn't know it exists).

As for LG 2030 and 7130 handsfree both have a 2.5mm stereo jack for plugging into the phone and a button on the cable near the earpiece to dial the latest call or to end a call being answered.

If GTRAN has a similar pins then I think it should work.

I'm not advertising for any brand...... Trust me. But let me tell you some serious facts against fiddling with your phones.

Every handset has got her in-built circuit that is unique to them. The accessories we use must be compatible with the circuit. Have you ever thought whether the handsfree units you're attaching to your phone are having same impedence (Resistance of the coil in the earphones as well as the Microhone) or not? If the impedence of the headset/handsfree doesn't match with the circuit, it is, for sure, is going to harm the circuit by allowing more/less amount of current through the components.

More often than not, external accessories other than those recommended by the company are good enough to damage your set permanently or may be to kill your set. So why do such things :)

Ignorance is not at all a bliss. Is it :grin:

Edited by turbasu

Here are the values that I think may help gtran_rocks and everyone:

LG RD 7130

========

EarPhone = 31 Ohms. (First and second Pin)

Mic = 1.74 k Ohms. (First and Third pin)

LG RD 2030 - First One.

========

EarPhone = 31 Ohms.(First and second Pin)

Mic = 1.57 k Ohms. (First and Third pin)

LG RD 2030 - Another One.

========

EarPhone = 31.5 Ohms..(First and second Pin)

Mic = 1.69 k Ohms.(First and Third pin)

Shorting Resistance (between pin 1 and Pin 3 when U press the button) was approx 0.4 ohm (wire resistenace and was almost similar in all the three).

All the above are LG OEMs and relatively new

handsfree sets. No likelyhood of wear and tear and loose contacts causing erroneous values and all are working fine :)

Also I see that the diffrence between the two Mic impedenace is less than 10% and may not be significant. If Ur Gtran gives out similar Values (likely it shoud give) then I see no reason why it should harm.

guess i got into the bandwagon a bit late...

code, what exactly do you mean by "more sophisticated"?

does it have more features? if yes, could you detail them?

hi gtran rocks i have a gtran handset myself and the lg handsfree of 2030 works with it just gr8 hope this info helps...

neo

sure thing anytime buddy another thing abt the scratches on the battery i have just put some transparent tape accros the enitre length of the battery and made slits for the charging points.....

this prevents it from scratching when i slide the battery in and out of the charger...

i also did the same accross the sub lcd to prevent scratches there as well... so far so good...

neo

These are really cool. But, the reason I was looking at the lgcolor handset headphone was because i could hang it around me neck and use the ear piece which is platformed on the neck tag.

I am actually having a 2030... and use handsfree extensively.. the probs i face with that is i have carry around all the while and the wire is always a messy mesh on me... its so, messy that some of friends call me the 'wireman'.... :D

Hi gtran_rocks,

Yeah. That sure helps B) . But, the guys at reliance wworld told me its 855/- . Thats why I had to post this Q here. Becuase, a long time ago, when I had enquired about this in a wworld in Kerala, they had given me a price of 300 and somethiung. Now, last week, when I inquired about the price in Kolkata, they tell me its 855/-.

Either these guys are out to make money even by cheating people or else they are absolute morons who should never be allowed to interface with customers.

:D

This is really strange.

Well have you confirmed the price with any other web world in your city ? Do that its possible that this guy's a fool :)

hi gtran_rocks,

LG 7130 Handsfree cost Rs 375 as per Reliance site...

Check out

Accessories

You can also confirm from *333 customer care...

Ashop i had actually informed mastermind the same price of 375 after verifying from the same web url (rim website) as you have mentioned.

But some Webworld guy quoting him ridiculously high price of 855 for the handsfree. I asked him to check with some other RWW in his city

Did u confirm with *333...

If they too say the same price, the web world guy is wrong :rolleyes:

lol ashok, Its mastermind who wants to buy it not me :rolleyes: Am just helping him.

I am not sure if he's checked with *333 but if he wants to buy it he must have already