Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Asit

Wallpaper Format For Lg Phones (3000&3600 Not Supported)

It is for all LG phone users who want to download wallpapers to their phones, particularly LG colour phones without Camera and MP3 player (without any communication suport like Bluetooth or Infrared).

The default image format in the phone is *.paf format, and I have searched for the converter to convert image into this format, but still not found anything.

What I have done is that, I have uploaded BMP files to phone through Bitpim, and it worked fine for me.

So I think BMP file should work with most of the phone, although the file size is larger. Plz check it and post your comments.

But remember the image size must be restricted to the LCD screen size of your handset or smaller than that.

Otherwise the phone will displaye an error that it cannot decode the file.

After downloading the file to the phone, plz reboot your phone.

I have tried it only with Bitpim. And presently I have no Camera with me, otherwise I could have post the screenshot.

Plz remember LG RD 3000 and 3600 are not supported for wallpaper download, neither from RWORLD nor from PC.

Edited by dhenkuu

Good News : Also jpg files can also be used as wallpaper in LG phones, like bmps.

Edited by dhenkuu

we need to searck the converter ..i will start googleing

we need to search the converter ..i will start googleing

we need to searck the converter ..i will start googleing

we need to search the converter ..i will start googleing

Why u need the converter yaar, jpg files are also supported.

Anyway, I have already searched for the converter, but not found. If u got it, then plz share it.

It is for all LG phone users who want to download wallpapers to their phones, particularly LG colour phones without Camera and MP3 player (without any communication suport like Bluetooth or Infrared).

The default image format in the phone is *.paf format, and I have searched for the converter to convert image into this format, but still not found anything.

What I have done is that, I have uploaded BMP files to phone through Bitpim, and it worked fine for me.

So I think BMP file should work with most of the phone, although the file size is larger. Plz check it and post your comments.

But remember the image size must be restricted to the LCD screen size of your handset or smaller than that.

Otherwise the phone will displaye an error that it cannot decode the file.

After downloading the file to the phone, plz reboot your phone.

I have tried it only with Bitpim. And presently I have no Camera with me, otherwise I could have post the screenshot.

which folder in your mobile are you storing the bmp wallpapers ?

which folder in your mobile are you storing the bmp wallpapers ?

Store the images and ringtones in : Bre->shared->ringers/wallpaper.

U can find the same files under downloaded menu in the phone.(both in ringtone and wallpaper)

Now attaching screenshots after downloading the images.

post-17867-1210960306_thumb.jpg

post-17867-1210960291_thumb.jpg

post-17867-1210960263_thumb.jpg

3600 dont have any folder named as wallpaper.. what do i do?

Rahul, LG 3100 and 3600 have different file systems, so you have to find out how to download wallpaper into your phone.

Or you can attach the screenshot of BITPIM (after connecting the phone) displaying the filesystem, then we may help you.

Rahul, LG 3100 and 3600 have different file systems, so you have to find out how to download wallpaper into your phone.

Or you can attach the screenshot of BITPIM (after connecting the phone) displaying the filesystem, then we may help you.

even i cant rename ringtones .. i have to over-write them .. that aadaat ringtone also doesnt get seen in phone .. it shows only 17 files

post-12013-1216903613_thumb.jpg

Rahul just look for the folder ringers under shared folder under brew,i.e. brew->shared->ringers.

And don't overwrite anything their, just add your midi file into that folder and restart your phone.

And may be your handset is ready with the new ringtone.

Rahul just look for the folder ringers under shared folder under brew,i.e. brew->shared->ringers.

And don't overwrite anything their, just add your midi file into that folder and restart your phone.

yes i ll do that .. but what abt wallpapers?

I am searching wallpaper upload for lg3000 long time... when using bitpim and lg3000 there is NO option to add new file in the specified folder... i.e. i cant able to add new file in brew-shared-wallpaper... i tried to overwrite the default wallpaper .paf file with .jpg file... but is doesnt works...

please anybody give the detailed tutorial for uploading wallpaper for lg3000....

Edited by Mohan

I am searching wallpaper upload for lg3000 long time... when using bitpim and lg3000 there is NO option to add new file in the specified folder... i.e. i cant able to add new file in brew-shared-wallpaper... i tried to overwrite the default wallpaper .paf file with .jpg file... but is doesnt works...

please anybody give the detailed tutorial for uploading wallpaper for lg3000....

I have attached the screenshot, which shows the new file option.

post-17867-1217044315_thumb.jpg

Plz click on new file & then browse for your image file. Bitpim will then download the file into your phone.

Plz restart your phone after downloading, and then check.

yes i ll do that .. but what abt wallpapers?

Rahul there was a folder named as wallpaper in the folder shared in 3100.

But in the screenshot you have attached there is no such folder. So plz attach the screenshot displaying the folder image.

Else create a folder named wallpaper in the folder shared. The procedure is -> Right click on folder shared-> Select Make Subdirectory..->name the folder as wallpaper.(Screenshot attached)

post-17867-1217046618_thumb.jpg

post-17867-1217046629_thumb.jpg

Then add image files into the wallpaper folder by the above mentioned method, and restart your phone.

Hope it works.

And plz post the result.

I have attached the screenshot, which shows the new file option.

post-17867-1217044315_thumb.jpg

Plz click on new file & then browse for your image file. Bitpim will then download the file into your phone.

Plz restart your phone after downloading, and then check.

Thanks for reply... can u please specify the bitpim version and the filesystem showed on the pic is for lg3000? is jpg file works????

yes in lg3000 filesystem there is no wallpaper folder under brew shared... so i created one folder... and uploaded one .jpg files there... but after rebooting the phone using the menu option display - wallpaper there is only default themes available... my uploded jpg file is not there....

pls tell the steps in detail for lg3000....

yes in lg3000 filesystem there is no wallpaper folder under brew shared... so i created one folder... and uploaded one .jpg files there... but after rebooting the phone using the menu option display - wallpaper there is only default themes available... my uploded jpg file is not there....

pls tell the steps in detail for lg3000....

What is the resolution of the jpg file you have downloaded? And plz also try with bmp files.

But remember the resolution must be 128x128.

where to get downloaded wallpaper in phone??? please tell the steps in phone menu...

Sorry Mohan (& also others) for provoding false information.

Actually LG RD 3000 doesnot support wallpaper download, neither from RWOLRD nor from PC.

And I was also unaware of that. So sorry again.

I have also updated the topic's title & also the first post.

Yes i too come to this decision today only... anyhow can u get how to convert picture files to paf file????

Yes i too come to this decision today only... anyhow can u get how to convert picture files to paf file????

No

How can I connect my LG RD 3600 to my PC? Where can I get a cable to connect? I didn't get any cable with the phone. Please help me find a cable for my phone.

Thanks

^^^

I think 3600 has USB port though not sure, ask kshah. He is using a 3500 & can guide u.