Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chandannasta

Banks & Credit Cards

Guys I would like to know which are the best credit card's that really is useful for each and every purpose like for surfing, day to day shopping, everything etc etc. I would also like to know which banks provides the most amazing offers for it and also which banks are good in regards to their service for these credit cards. Suppose if we customer's have any issue, then which bank really tries to understand customer's needs and tries to solve the problem quickly.

Also which banks are best for providing good amount of interest rates for any amount of investment, whether it be private or governmental. If we invest in governmental or private can we really trust them that our money is safe in both and if yes then how and if no then why?

You are looking for Credit card from heaven. Dont expect so much from these buggers.

thts true kshah... well said... infact even i haven't come across a bank which could provide the above mentioned services... :)

thts true kshah... well said... infact even i haven't come across a bank which could provide the above mentioned services... :)

Greatest can you let us know the details

well all credit cards are almost same. except the ABn AMRO they are the biggest farud. while availing the credit card just check which bank is easily assesible to you. because every month you need to pay the CC dues.

Greatest can you let us know the details

what kind of details u need chandannasta??

well all credit cards are almost same. except the ABn AMRO they are the biggest farud. while availing the credit card just check which bank is easily assesible to you. because every month you need to pay the CC dues.

My experience with ABN AMRO has been quite good. Rather I found Stan Chart to be the biggest swindler of them all. ICICI and Citi Bank are also fair enough.

However, I have now shifted to Deutsche Bank card as the main card as they are providing the online payment of dues from any Bank A/c through the NEFT facility. ICICI bank provides aimilar facility but only from ICICI bank A/c.

Edited by commonman

Experience with different companies for different people varies. I have worst experience for Citi bank. Best for ICICI then SBI then SCB.

HSBC will revert annual charges every year despite being lifetime free card. SBI will revert occasional late payment charges just upon request so experiences goes on but one can not bench mark quality of service.

HDFC bank is good too. I have it's lifetime free card, and so far, so good.

I would like to know if any one here in this forum working for any bank. Why I want to know is because when I was working for my earlier office 2 yrs back I had an HDFC salary ac for 1 yr I worked in that office. Now I moved to another office which has been 2 yrs and I have an ICICI salary act, so my HDFC act I dont do any transaction. When I asked the bank people they say to maintain atleast 5000 rs as savings in order to operate. I have my debit card and cheque book and everything. I want my account back without putting 5000 in that bank. Can this be happen, can any one from this forum working for HDFC can help me out?

All credit cards are the same apart from ABN AMRO. I have used Citi, ICICI, StanC, SBI and ABN Amro. Never had issues with any of the bankw hich was not sorted out amicably. Citi even made all my credit cards free for life as a favor after I had a small issue with them. You can go for any of them and its your personal choice, but DO NOT take ABN Amro.

I would like to know if any one here in this forum working for any bank. Why I want to know is because when I was working for my earlier office 2 yrs back I had an HDFC salary ac for 1 yr I worked in that office. Now I moved to another office which has been 2 yrs and I have an ICICI salary act, so my HDFC act I dont do any transaction. When I asked the bank people they say to maintain atleast 5000 rs as savings in order to operate. I have my debit card and cheque book and everything. I want my account back without putting 5000 in that bank. Can this be happen, can any one from this forum working for HDFC can help me out?

I certainly am NOT working with HDFC, but I can tell a few things abt the acct. Salery account is the best you can have for comfort, but once you leave that organization, your account is converted to regular savings account, where you need to keep 5000rs as minimum quarterly balance. If your don't keep atleast that much, you'll be fined 750Rs per quarter. It's ridiculous, I know, but that's the way it is. I thing the best option now will be put 5000 in that account so that it is started again (if it is locked), and then fully close the account withdrawing all your money. If you want plain savings account, search for any other bank. Bank of India has Minimum quarterly balance of Rs.500 I guess, and as it is nationalized bank, you'll get human service, and not strictly to the rules service. If you want all the comforts of HDFC and not willing to put 5000 in the account, then there is no way out for you.

If I remember correctly, HDFC has something called as "No frills a/c" (or something like that), where you dont need to maintain a min balance of 5k. However, it has lesser facilities.

I certainly am NOT working with HDFC, but I can tell a few things abt the acct. Salery account is the best you can have for comfort, but once you leave that organization, your account is converted to regular savings account, where you need to keep 5000rs as minimum quarterly balance. If your don't keep atleast that much, you'll be fined 750Rs per quarter. It's ridiculous, I know, but that's the way it is. I thing the best option now will be put 5000 in that account so that it is started again (if it is locked), and then fully close the account withdrawing all your money. If you want plain savings account, search for any other bank. Bank of India has Minimum quarterly balance of Rs.500 I guess, and as it is nationalized bank, you'll get human service, and not strictly to the rules service. If you want all the comforts of HDFC and not willing to put 5000 in the account, then there is no way out for you.

Suppose if i put 5000 rs for 1 week in that account and then withdraw it next week would it be fine, or will the bank keep that amount with them as minimum savings for that account.

For the Regular Savings A/c you need an average quarterly balance of Rs. 5,000. So you can do the math...

well, the salary account can be operated even after you have left to be in service with the company.

with zero balance.

this magic happens ..when the organisation does not submit the list of employees who are no longer in its service... this way the zero balance account is still active till the day you wish to operate it.

i endorse the view on the nationalised bank.. its an human service. i am looking forward to more and more people going for their service as ICICI, the mass banker has become elite and does not accpt less then 10k as min. quarterly balance.. HDFC will soon follow suit..

Edited by copperco2

well, the salary account can be operated even after you have left to be in service with the company.

with zero balance.

this magic happens ..when the organisation does not submit the list of employees who are no longer in its service... this way the zero balance account is still active till the day you wish to operate it.

i endorse the view on the nationalised bank.. its an human service. i am looking forward to more and more people going for their service as ICICI, the mass banker has become elite and does not accpt less then 10k as min. quarterly balance.. HDFC will soon follow suit..

I don remember the password only for my internet banking account