Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
tanveer

Distorted SMS problem

hey saurav i never faced this SMS problem can someone tell me what it is all about

by sms problem i mean the text appear distorted example:

hello thanks f

or reading my mess

age.

some of alphabets appear in 1 line and remaining in other. is there any setting to correct this?

this is the actual message received by me on dialing *4120.

------------------------

----- Message -------

------------------------

Dear Customer, Y

our phone as mod

em is already de

-activated.

Can any one tell me so that it appears in correct format as:

Dear Customer,

Your phone as

modem is already

de-activated.

:P

You need a software upgrade for your GTRAN.....

from where can i hv an upgrade.

ofcourse from a GTRAN service centre

Hi!

Please complain about SMS on GTran to chairman office with a sample message. I think I was first who complained to them about this and they took my complaint as specific to my handset. Please complain only then we can expect solution.

:unsure:

those who have located Gtran service centre pls ask them to solve SMS and MMS problem.

I complained about SMS problem to GTRAN and got reply:

We don't support Word wrap function in handset but  we've supported only 'E-

book' menu and when this display Error Message  from Pop-up window and

sorry, SMS don't support  read or write of Word Wrap function  in handset

Now the only hope left is Reliance.

Hope they will help.

Has anyone discussed the problem of word wrap in reading & writing SMS at Authorized service centre of GTran?

If yes then what was the reply.

If no please discuss it with them at least once.

:help:

Has anyone found solution for SMS problem. I think most of us have forgotten this issue.

I find only Saurav so concerned abt this GTRAN thing! I think he has taken it up like a mission! Long Live such Efforts! Its good to see such head-strong stuff happening from individuals!

Guys owning GTRAN, pls jus post here wht u've written to RIM all this while and let Saurav know abt the same such tht he can feel a lil relaxed! :D

And meanwhile, Saurav, u can spam RIM office with dummy Reliance Nos. and email ids abt ur problem on GTRAN Phone ! ;)

I already posted all the mails i got from the chairman office, do u want me to copy them here as well, by the way i got a call from 30333333 that they are upgrading R world and we will be able to get all the services very soon!

I already posted all the mails i got from the chairman office, do u want me to copy them here as well, by the way i got a call from 30333333 that they are upgrading R world and we will be able to get all the services very soon!

They assured me that services will be available by 15 Sept today is 16

thes days they r just giving assurances.

this is farooq and ots my forst posting.i am also using gtran handsets from last 3 months i was also facing a lot of problems in the handset but fortunately i chanded and got a new gtran piece last week its is working propery upto to certain extent of the old piece.but the battery problem is still there in the new handset eery day i change both the batteries.

WILL ANY ONE HELP ME IN THIS REGARD TO ME

AND FROM WHERE DO I GET POLTPHONIC RINGTONES FOR GTRAN

There is a sub section in the GTRAN each about Ringtones and tips about increasing the battery life of GTRAN, check them. as i already mentioned there is someone who has uploaded 4000 odd ringtones in the midi format( thats the format that runs on GTRAN for ringtones) i guess that should suffice anyone

There is a sub section in the GTRAN each about Ringtones and tips about increasing the battery life of GTRAN, check them.

Pls put some more light. i could not get what u meant to say.

In subforum of GTran service centre I have posted a list of email id of people concened with technical problems of GTran. Flood their email boxes with your complaint about SMS. But don’t forget to post the reply you get (Post only in SMS sub forum). This might help us to solve SMS problem.

On GTran handset there are certain issues because of which I find GTran handset to be big problem.

1. Display of SMS. It does not support word wrap feature in SMS. Due to this it’s very difficult to read SMS. Earlier on Samsung N191 I used to enjoy reading and sending SMS but on GTran I hate even to receive an SMS.

2. While sending an SMS there are so many options like save as draft, save in outbox. These make sending an SMS time consuming task. These options should be in settings and user should be able to set them default like option available for Acknowledgement.

3. SMS inbox saves only 18 messages while it has got good memory to save more.

Edited by Saurav