Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Arun

Reliance Communications, Meridian Mobile Ink Pack For Dual-sim Phones

Live Mint

Aug 21 2008. 4:39 PM IST

Meridian Mobile, a player in the telecom industry has tied up with Reliance Communications Ltd to market its FLY brand dual-SIM card handset models at Reliance outlets.

A FLY handset bought from a Reliance outlet will be cheaper than those available at other establishments .

The association will be at two levels. Initially, it will be a national tie up with 2,000 Reliance Web stores selling CDMA and CDMA/GSM dual range handsets. The process of placing the first lot of V 80-I handset models in Reliance web stores across India is already on.

At the next level, there would be a local tie-up within the Delhi circle, under which the V 80-I will be supplied along with a free Reliance lifetime SIM card. Currently, FLY phones are available at Subhiksha and Mobile Store.

Meridian Mobile unveils new range for festive season

Business Line l 20 Oct l Chennai

Meridian Mobile has launched a new range of mobile handsets under the Fly brand for the festive season. The handsets, priced in the range of Rs 1,700 to Rs 11,000, include dual SIM series and music and entertainment series.

The brand was introduced in the Indian market in 2006. According to Mr Rajiv Khanna, who heads Meridian’s India operations, Fly, with presence only in top 35 towns as of now, has garnered 2 per cent share of the overall market and is maintaining a growth rate of 20 per cent. “These are the towns that account for one-third of the overall market,” he says.

Reliance tie-up

Fly has also tied up with Reliance Communications for supply of dual SIM handsets which can be used both for CDMA and GSM. Besides, under an agreement with Vodafone, it supplies GSM handsets for the latter’s bundle offers in some circles.

Says Mr Khanna, the brand’s middle and high-end handsets are well received in markets such as Delhi and Mumbai.

The UK-based Meridian Mobile’s India operations registered a turnover of Rs 207 crore in 2007-08. Besides, India, the brand is available in Europe, part of the US and Russia.

Elaborating on its India plans, Mr Khanna said, “The key focus is to expand its footprint to over 150 towns by the end of this year. Also on anvil is the launch of ultra slim handsets with technologies including TV on mobile.”

The company recently signed on Bollywood actor Malaika Arora Khan and cricketer Ishant Sharma to endorse the brand here.

Quality wise how are they?has anybody used any?

^^^

My dear friend, Fly brand is good if compared to the quality. Infact their Dual Sim handsets are selling like hot cakes in the market.

Regards.

Well, I beg to differ with Honest, the quality of Fly phones in really very poor, I have personally used two models and the major disadvantage which i felt is that, these fly phone becomes very hot even with 5 minutes of voice usage.

^^^

My dear Daga Sahab, actually I was comparing Fly handsets with Chinese handsets, but I forget to mention the same.

Regards.

Fly handsets quality is very very poor. Infact I will say that Chinese Handsets are better than FLY sets, atleast they dont warm up in 3-4 minutes usage.

Hehe..

Never Fly with a Chinese..

Infact I will say that Chinese Handsets are better than FLY sets

^^^

Oh thats great. CHINESE HANDSETS are better than FLY handsets.

We will remember this forever.

Regards.

Ya, atleast they dont warm up in 3-4 minutes usage like FLY handset warms up.