Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
manishag

Airtel Broadband

I am using the Airtel BB 512 Kbps (dedicated) Unlimited @ 1299.

MTNL has reduced the Broadband charges(512Kbps Unlimited 1299 with 500 free pulses) and the new charges were effective from 1st of Sep2008. so i asked them Airtel to reduce the charges 1st they didn't accepted i gave them the final warning that i am gonna surrender my no. and when i recieved my bill they charged me 1000 - regular amco discount + taxes :)

^^^

Thats really great my dear Manish.

Enjoy !

But I dont think Discounts will be for ever. Normally companis provide discounts as to retain the customer for 3-6 months only..Did you confirm that?

I have tried and succeeded at that too.

Only difference was that I really wanted to surrender my connection.So I got the discount first and disconnected after 2 weeks. :)

But I dont think Discounts will be for ever. Normally companis provide discounts as to retain the customer for 3-6 months only..Did you confirm that?

well i confirmed that and they agreed to match the MTNL offer. they gave me two options either continue with the existing scheme with the discount of approx 350 or else i will getting the 500 free pulses

MTNL has reduced the Broadband charges(512Kbps Unlimited 1299 with 500 free pulses) and the new charges were effective from 1st of Sep2008. so i asked them Airtel to reduce the charges 1st they didn't accepted i gave them the final warning that i am gonna surrender my no. and when i recieved my bill they charged me 1000 - regular amco discount + taxes :)

hi on the airtel website it shows Rs.1499 for 512 kbps speed, was this some old offer. coz i am too tempted to get this price match done.

hi on the airtel website it shows Rs.1499 for 512 kbps speed, was this some old offer. coz i am too tempted to get this price match done.

no the prices are current but you need to bargain with them they will show the plan charges in following format

unlimited Home Plan 999

BB topup Charges 300

BB Usage Discount 300

so ask your Airtel Guy he should give you the plan.

no the prices are current but you need to bargain with them they will show the plan charges in following format

unlimited Home Plan 999

BB topup Charges 300

BB Usage Discount 300

got that, thnx a ton. have called them up and asked for the scheme. the CC guy didnt take my request, as of now i have even filed for disconnction, will actually get disconnection if they dont upgrade my plan.

but if i m not wrong u still r paying Rs200 extra, since mtnl gives 500 calls for 1299.

and airtel just 512kbps at 999.

Edited by AmanJ

unlimited Home Plan 999

BB topup Charges 300

BB Usage Discount 300

got that, thnx a ton. have called them up and asked for the scheme. the CC guy didnt take my request, as of now i have even filed for disconnction, will actually get disconnection if they dont upgrade my plan.

but if i m not wrong u still r paying Rs200 extra, since mtnl gives 500 calls for 1299.

and airtel just 512kbps at 999.

yes i am paying bit extra but in net my savings are high because I am getting 5% combo discount and after adding Rs 49 Pack i am calling Rs 1 per 3 min to any network in the cities like calcutta, Hyderabad, Mumbai, Banglore, Pune, Chennai.

in MTNL i need to pay modem rental. and if something goes wrong I have to run after there life for the resolution of the problem. but in case of private operator i can force them to do solve the issues.

hi, can anyone who has been able to get their charges reduced from airtel pm me their same airtel number, so that i can provide them it as proof, coz as of now they are ready to disconnect rather than to reduce the charge. though they say that they will be able to reduce the charge for me if i can provide a proof that they have done the same for someone else.