Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
vivekmukherji

Want To Buy New Htc Handset - Need Recommendation

thanks for ur helps to get new cdma phone friends....

my simple doughts here.... i am expecting clarifications mainly from HetelDP and sadikk

i planning to buy htc mogul and i very much impressed on its look and specifications....

my requirements is

1. what about the speaker quality of htc mogul? now i am owning lg6500 and the ringtone sound is somewhat low... while travel i missed many calls coz of this... so i need louder ringtone volumes...

2. i am using erecharge fecility in my mdn.. whether i can able to contine this feature if i upgrade my mobile with htc mogul?

i am a software developer and i am developing softwares for reliance distributors in tamil nadu... so mainly i need applications and storage options than email and browsing... so if i upgrade to htc mogul is it worthful?

and planned to contact sadiq soon for htc mogul... actually i need safegaurd carry case and sdcard too with mogul. so is it too available with sadiq....

and is htc mogul is ruim card enabled?

pls suggest me with ur valuable suggestions....

Edited by Mohan

HI FRIENDS,

THIS IS MY FIRST POST. REGARDING HTC HANDSETS, I RECENTLY BOUGHT P 3000 AND ITS A DUMB PHONE AND I SOLD IT OFF...THE PROBLEM IN IT WAS THAT IT HANGS VERY OFTEN AND AFTER THAT I BOUGHT A NEW HTC TOUCH DIAMOND FOR 30K. THIS PHONE IS PRETTY EXPENSIVE BUT THE MONEY IS TOTALLY WORTH IT. 4 GB INTERNAL STORAGE AND PROGRAMING IS VERY GOOD WITH WINDOWS MOBILE 6.1..I AM VERY MUCH SATISFIED WITH THIS PHONE AND IF SOMEONE WANTS TO BUY A GOOD PHONE WITH RICH FEATURES THEN HTC TOUCH DIAMOND IS THE BEST AMONG ALL.

Diamond is not worth the 30K being charged for it, at all; htc mogul at half the cost with 8gb card will prove a better option...

any suggestions for me???....

and some more doughts too...

the over heat of cdma sets in reliance is the another main problem for me... coz sometimes i used to talk nearly 1 hr... so what abt htc mogul for this prob?

WHATEVER YOU SAY DHIRAJ, BUT WHEN YOU COMPARE THE SIZE AND WEIGHT FROM MOGUL AND TOUCH DIAMOND YOU'LL FIND THE BEST BY YOUR SELF. I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT MOGUL BUT THIS TOUCH DIAMOND IS A VERY SLEEK AND HANDY CELL PHONE WITH WHOLE LOT OF FEATURES....

the heating up problem is normal thing in cdma phones ...

but if u talk on you mogul for more than 1 hr also ..it wont become that hot ...

secondly mogul is prgrammed for rleiance ...though it can be ruim enabled also but doing that reduces life of your pcb...

my bet go for mogul ....

WHATEVER YOU SAY DHIRAJ, BUT WHEN YOU COMPARE THE SIZE AND WEIGHT FROM MOGUL AND TOUCH DIAMOND YOU'LL FIND THE BEST BY YOUR SELF. I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT MOGUL BUT THIS TOUCH DIAMOND IS A VERY SLEEK AND HANDY CELL PHONE WITH WHOLE LOT OF FEATURES....

^^^

My dear Rajinder, please avoid posting in CAPS in the forum. Posting in Caps means shouting on other member.

Anyways, I agree with your views that Touch Diamond is a sleek and handy model.

Regards.

^^^

My dear Rajinder, please avoid posting in CAPS in the forum. Posting in Caps means shouting on other member.

Anyways, I agree with your views that Touch Diamond is a sleek and handy model.

Regards.

Sorry boss....I didnt knew.

^^^

A word of caution... Dear All, Mr Honest here is observing everything/everyone. Just the words below his display name says, "the Observer...." Mind it...

he he...

^^^

:lol2:

@rajinder

I have used diamond personally and find it NO MATCH to my mogul; Both are running WM6.1 Professional so the basic usability is the same but It doesnt have a full sliding qwerty keyboard like mogul which has become an indispensable part of my usage; it does have slightly higher ram but that does not justify it price; it may be sleeker but then the bulk is due to the keyboard in mogul which has far more usage; It also does not have any expandable memory like the mogul and I can use upto 32GB micro sd card with the mogul which I can never do with the diamond; somehow I found the mogul much tougher and it ages also very well in comparison to the diamond; the battery life of diamond just ****s in comparison to the mogul and is nearly half in practical usage... there are many other things also.... and it certainly does not justify the 30K price tag when I can get the mogul for 15K....

Edited by dkaile

i dont want go into specifications but all i can say is 30k price tag of HTC DIAMOND is just not justified

if u can get it for 15-16k then its worth buying , otherwise mogul is optimal choice

whether i can use ruim card in mogul or not....

and what about the speaker quality and ringer volumes....

whether i can use ruim card in mogul or not....

and what about the speaker quality and ringer volumes....

there is no ruim slot ..it need to be programmed read in htc section for more details

speaker quality and ringer volume is good

@mohan

speaker quality is not the loudest I have seen, but sufficient and you can set a tweaked up mp3 if u so require to hear a louder ring... speaker phone is also satisfactory but not the best I have seen; on some chinese phones I have seen much louder speakerphone and speaker but they are not as per FCC regulations and have been tweaked up unnecessarily...

Diamond is not worth the 30K being charged for it, at all; htc mogul at half the cost with 8gb card will prove a better option...

htc dealers r offering the original reliance version for 25k now

Also all these imported handsets come with a FCC ID like all branded gsm handsets and also has IC like gsm handsets ...and these handsets have serial numbers ...which gives info about the make and region of the handsets

What Dot is referring to r those handsets which have no IDs of any sort like the few one you see in Chinese mobiles

So bottomline is don't b afriad to buy these imported cdma handsets

hmm

to early to comment on this yaara, there is too much of competition among GSM handset makers n operators and they will not want to lose clients who wake up one day and find their handset dead, but wrt CDMA, u never know coz of the royalty issues they pay to qualcomm.

sadikk is offering a moghul @ 15.5k which has not been launched in india & a tata complaint diamond @ 16.5k and u can buy an official RIM one for 25k.

when u r spending so much , y not buy the original and have peace of mind.

No foreign CDMA hnadset has been under DoT scanner till now...it's just a speculation by few members of this forum ....secondly no foreign CDMA handset will ever b banned for a simple reason that we all r using it with valid esn and imsi .....so pls stop spreading wrong notions .....

If foreign cdma handsrts r under DoT scanner can v have the source of information which says this

U cannot deny the fact that all of them are cracked versions.

thanks dkaile and moffaddle

actually i didnt expect sound quality like chinese phones...

but i expect stereo quality sounds like nokia n series and samsung phones

Edited by Mohan

^^^^

then u will be disappointed as Mogul has mono speaker and not stereo... but I feel it is sufficiently loud to do its job...

@nitink

u also cannot deny the fact that u paid nearly 15k more for that handset and cracked or not cracked, these handsets are giving excellent service; I had earlier purchased UT Starcom 6700 directly from Reliance for 33K and got a ****ty service backup from them and no special peace of mind; no use at all buying handsets from them; thats why advocating these half cost handsets, only after personally trying both available options...

1. what about the speaker quality of htc mogul? now i am owning lg6500 and the ringtone sound is somewhat low... while travel i missed many calls coz of this... so i need louder ringtone volumes...

U dont have best speaker in MOGUL, but u wont miss ur calls because of the volume, Its loud enough to make it clear that ur phone is ringing :)

2. i am using erecharge fecility in my mdn.. whether i can able to contine this feature if i upgrade my mobile with htc mogul?

U will love this handset for e-recharging, u can write and save all the codes in ur saved sms, just open required one and insert target MDN and send, done with ting tong ;) (My friend using it for this)

i am a software developer and i am developing softwares for reliance distributors in tamil nadu... so mainly i need applications and storage options than email and browsing... so if i upgrade to htc mogul is it worthful?

Yes, all of above supported by this handset.

and planned to contact sadiq soon for htc mogul... actually i need safegaurd carry case and sdcard too with mogul. so is it too available with sadiq....

MicroSD is available with me, and u get HTC leather pouch with handset in the box, so no need of buying extra carrying case :)

and is htc mogul is ruim card enabled?

Yes we can do it RUIM enable also, but not recommended as it needs some soldering on motherboard with JUMPERS. so software based is best choice.

I am sorry for late replies, as was on tour. back now :)

thanks for reply..... catch u soon (hope before ur stock is empty)

sadik does your diamond work with reliance yet? i keep hearing tata but not reliance. i heard the battery life of diamond is not good. but i guess an extended battery can be added? whats the cost for that?

^^^^

check his signature for price; and no, it does not work on reliance yet, except when u buy directly from reliance at double cost; battery life is ok types...

, except when u buy directly from reliance at double cost; battery life is ok types

or if u buy it online from ruim site