Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
dkaile

All About Treo 755p - Lets Discuss The Good And The Bad

^^^^

I think, even on mogul u wud require a laptop to change the es*; not possible only with phone itself on the go...

^^^^

I think, even on mogul u wud require a laptop to change the es*; not possible only with phone itself on the go...

i meant that on mogul its is much quicker than on treo 755

some more help and queries!

1. some times outgoing msg not going.. It bounces an error message "An error occurred (0002) when sending this message. Please check the phone number or email address and try again."

2. How to set the incoming call alert as ringtone with vibration?

3. How to activate infrared? Check for IR option everywhere, but all efforts in vain.

4. How to delete the usless applications stored in ROM like Sprint Store, Spring TV, Get nuance, get good, etc.. If not possible to delete, then say me how to move them in one single folder like "Spam".

5. While ending a call from new number, I used to get a notification "Do you want to save this number". I checked the option "never remind me again" and now it doesnot asks.. So, again I wanna activate this feature, letme know how to do it.

6. As I have got a new phone, all my friends just keep asking me my phone for checking its feature.

So I want to make my 'Contacts' and 'Inbox' password protected. How to do this?

Hope my queries will be answered ASAP..

Thanks in anticipation.. :-)

Deepak

:previous:

@1 Not sure - check other prev posts

@2 Install mRing to get Nokia like profiles functionality else go to options > system prefs > sounds & alerts

@3 It is already active by default check under options > system prefs > power. What do you want to do with it? I just use IR with the Remote Control s/w

@4 Dont delete these. For other apps use Destaller

@5 options > phone prefs - last option

@6 Don't think its possible. Others please comment.

Solved versions of Destaller and mRing are there in this topic.

Edited by Harshal

^^^^

yes i intend to do it with a laptop indeed. but why do i need programming skills, is it not true that some fixed set of commands would be needed to change the number every time. and if you guys are there then why do i need to go into programming :)

by the way what is the procedure to change the number on treo 755p.

@Harshal

Thanks a lot buddy..

BTW in treo is 'Beam' referred to Infra Red?

I found that it was active and then deactivated..

Is it because of this my battery used to last only a day? Or this is the usual capacity of TREOs?

Also do let me know what is the icon on the home screen left to 'Bluetooth icon'.

Something target kind of icon which some time automatically strikes..! I don't know what exactly the icon is

Ye Beam is IR.

I think if you deactivate IR receive then the battery will last longer. I am a very light user, so not in a position to comment on this. But also remem to switch of BlueTooth if not used.

Not sure what icon you are talking about. I have a lot of apps installed so I have something diff near the BT icon. If you mean the download icon, then it is also one of the useless preloaded icons.

Edited by Harshal

Not sure what icon you are talking about. I have a lot of apps installed so I have something diff near the BT icon. If you mean the download icon, then it is also one of the useless preloaded icons.

Nope.. It is some mobile related icon 'cos whenever I switch off the phone, it disappears..

Exactly its a round circle, which strikes in red sometimes and sometimes does not strikes..

1. some times outgoing msg not going.. It bounces an error message "An error occurred (0002) when sending this message. Please check the phone number or email address and try again."

this is a common problem faced by treo users ...

error 0002 means message sending failed ...it is a network problem and will get resolved on its own ...in few hrs

Also do let me know what is the icon on the home screen left to 'Bluetooth icon'.

Something target kind of icon which some time automatically strikes..! I don't know what exactly the icon is

that target icon is for location service which is there in sprint network ....but since u r on non sprint network so that location service is disabled thats y u see a target icon with a red stroke on it ..it will be there

How to delete the usless applications stored in ROM like Sprint Store, Spring TV, Get nuance, get good, etc.. If not possible to delete, then say me how to move them in one single folder like "Spam".

these apps are in rom u cant delete them they are locked , ...u can put into different category so u cant see them on main page ( press option tab right most buuton at bottom and go to category and change it ) but on "all" screen u will still see it

@ mufaddal_km

Any apps to lock contacts and inbox??

@ mufaddal_km

i have posted an app called teal lock ...its in the thread ..use search button below

^^^^

Anyways, from what I gather, if the vision services message is coming, that means u have not properly configured your phone to reliance settings.

You should be able to connect to internet.

Remember, any further queries post in Treo 755p topic ONLY and give reference of this post...

I did everything as mentioned above..

Connection was set successfully :-)

But while using my default browser (don't know name) I tried opening few sites, but I got an error message

"The page you requested cannot be displayed. The web site you are trying to access may be temporarily unavailable or the URL you entered cannot be resolved. Please check that you correctly entered the URL or try again later."

So what to do know?

1 more thing, I connected via Rconnect and Rworld as well, and then disconnected after a min, hope I need not take anyother precautions to not get charged. Actually I need net in mobile for checking my Gmails, so advice me what to do, how to do.

@ mufaddal_km

i have posted an app called teal lock ...its in the thread ..use search button below

while searching for teal lock, I am getting only this post in the search results :(

Actually I am blogger and don't know much about fourms!

Can you please say me the post number or give me download link?

while searching for teal lock, I am getting only this post in the search results :(

Actually I am blogger and don't know much about fourms!

Try with the keyword "teallock"

Can anyone suggest a cracked version of bulk sms software for palm 755

I guess its posted somewhere in this thread itself

hey guys,

how about using the data cable and charger..

Palm has got a unique type of data cable slot, whenever I insert charger cable and data cable, it goes in very well..

But while pulling out, it is too unease.. I am afraid if the slot will get damaged

So please let me know how exactly to pull it out, as of now I just pull it too hardly 'cos I don't find any other buttons or ways to pull the data cable from palm slot easily..

There are no buttons. It will eventually ease out a bit. But that's how it is.

can any one provide me the download link for teal scan?

Searched for it, but didn't find it in this thread :(

Hey TREO gurus..

can you please say me how to put MP3 songs in my all new Treo 755P?

I tried adding MP3 songs in palm desktop, but its not showing MP3 format there

Also FYI I have received my treo 755P this morning from Sadikk bhai..

So I am a noob in Treo :(

just get a memory card ...create a folder on memory card and put your songs in this ...

install a program called card reader ( serach this thread) and transfer ur mp3

install ptunes on your treo ..and thats it

This morning I got a 4GB memory card and installed Card reader on it.

But when I create a new folder on the drive or copying a folder to the drive, I get a error message saying

"Unable to create the folder 'New Folder'

The system cannot find the file specified"

What this problem now?

Please help, am getting excited to load stuff in my all new treo :)

^^^^

try using it on a pc first; also try reformat and recreate folders; if you are unable to do this on the pc, try changing your card reader; still if problem persists then your card is defective...

^^^^

try using it on a pc first; also try reformat and recreate folders; if you are unable to do this on the pc, try changing your card reader; still if problem persists then your card is defective...

hey thanks for ur early reply..

but reinserting the data cable worked for me :-)

But what if I wanna transfer those musics and other items present in my card via bluetooth?

I didn't find the option to send files via bluetooth

Just now I noticed that my touch screen is lil bit faulty :(

when ever I press the screen bit hardly, the I feel as if it is pushing downwards, and the screen gives a rainbow like color as it happens in calculator :(

What to do now? In just 3 days this phone hardware started showing defects :(

seems something inside it is bit loose.. A slight hard press on the bottom right part makes it go down, though slightly and then the color issue arises :(

I am really upset..

Friends say me what to do now?

But what if I wanna transfer those musics and other items present in my card via bluetooth?

I didn't find the option to send files via bluetooth

use beam pro

bluetooth commander

both are posted in the thread

@deepak

did u drop it or something, as I have never heard such a problem in a new handset unless its a used or refurbished one; If not, contact the person from whom u have purchased this handset and explain him ur problem...