Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Ashutosh

Rude Threatening Call From Reliance Agency

I am based in Allahabad, and my area's bill collection agency ( M/s Abhishek Communications ) called me up yesterday and told me i had a bill that was due, the whole call was made in a way so that it seemed that the bill was overdue and I should pay immediately. I am yet to recieve the bill by mail. On my seeking clarification as to when the bill was due to be paid, I was told that its pay by date was somewhere in september ( the date would be atleast 2-3 weeks from now ) and that i should "make sure I pay my bill within the date " . The tone this was delivered in sounded made it sound like a threat and an ultimatum. I asked the calller to not call me up in the future , as i get a copy of the bill and pay my bills in time, and their calls are rude and unwarrented, but i get told that she will not remove me from the calling list and i will continue to get calls.

Having been a customer of Reliance since May 2003 with a DAPO connection, I have been having these kinds of collection calls since the last few months.

I have in the past told M/S Abhishek Communications to take me off their call list atleast 3-4 times and they insist on calling and threatening. ( Apparently there is a 1% commission on the collection in time and these losers try to armtwist the customers into paying up even before the bill has been delivered the customers. I hope Reliance Customer care take note that this kind of behaviour is only damaging their image and not the collection agency's )

Can someone advise me as to what to do in this case. I am going to find out the customer service incharge's number for Allahabad and see what comes off it .

No consumer should take such crap and keep quiet. I'd suggest you probe legal alternatives ...maybe even lodge a police complaint for threatening, intimidating and nuisance ...besides the other things you have already mentioned. And mebbe even give RIM the ditch! LOL! :'(

raccoon is absolutely right, lodge a complaint with the police and do one thing ... dont pay up so early this time. drop your bill elsewhere - DO NOT drop it in this crazy shop ... and when they call, tell them to ... :'(

Ashutosh,

what you need to understand is that reliance has got nothing to do with what happened to you. It your local area's collection agency thats to blame.

Reliance customer care is the "*333" people, They have nothing to do with the call that was made to you.

If you are probing a legal angle, Theres nothing you have got on them.

But what you can do next time you get a call is make sure you make it clear that they are just givin you information, and that its up to you if you want to act on it.

When i get a call abt outstanding bills, all i say is "Thanks for the information."

BTW, it'll be fun to get back at them with what mahidhar sayz....

Well, I think one should certainly make sure whether the call is genuine ...and to what extent Reliance is associated with it. But how can you say Reliance has nothing to do with it? After all the collectors are appointed/hired by Reliance ...arent they???

If you are exploring a legal angle ...I'd suggest you note the tel. numbers you've got the calls from ...in fact might be better if you can retain the nos in your recieved calls list ...you can show that to the police...

Ashu, 1 more thing u cud do wud be to probably write to the Chairman's Office and mail them the entire details as u've mentioned here, with the agency's nos. and name of the person who called u, and mention that they better take action against the agency or else u'd take RIM to court! tht shud do, coz they r damn quick at replying frm the Chairman's office!

Let us know wht u did!

I had also recived a call like this that i have not paid the bill the person asked my addrtess I told him come to my home give me the bills and then think of collecting the money I sort of said this in a ordering tone the guy never called me again or dared to come to my house

Just shout at them and they wiull never call u again

It seems collections agents are going to be dropped from August 31st onwards. So nothing much to worry after that.

what you need to understand is that reliance has got nothing to do with what happened to you. It your local area's collection agency thats to blame.

I still feel that its Reliance's responsibility to put compliance rules to ensure customers are not illtreated. If an collection agency or any tom-****-harry calls if Reliance has given them the right then IT IS RELIANCE's FAULT.

This is complete failure and irresponsibility and UNETHICAL from Reliance's Side.

Even a dog knows that if you use Collection Agencies to collect and not Inhouse people (or maybe that also) then you have to put consider such a situation. If they dont ITS THEIR FAULT. And Then they dont deserve to be PAID.

I would be really glad to get a call like this in the USA from a Collection Agency. There I have the right to sue the guy and "WHAT BILL" - Bloody take away the S*** ER's House.

In India you cannot make money out of the opportunity but still there is a decent way to make his life hell.

Next time he calls - Record the call. You completely deny that you have any payment to be made. The guy on the other end will pounce on you and will get a little hyper. Make use of the opportunity and use sentences like "Yeh Jabardasti Hai", "This is Extortion", "Who are you to ask money from me ?", "I dont owe you anything and still you ask money by dadagiri"

Also Note down the name, number and time of the call. Walk into the Police station with this and you need to file a FIR for a Cognizible crime under sections what-not.

He will be behind bars for 4 days GUARANTEED.

If the Cops dont take a decent or satisfying action you will need to carry a copy of all your recordings and FIR to the nearest "ANTI-EXTORTION CELL" (which are all over the country now) and they are sure to harras the guy.

Regards,

PCOGuy

BTW: India has laws for Everything.

Some are unknow - some are used - some are misused.

Edited by Chirag

I followed up the case, went to the Customer Care executive at the main town office of RIM and told them what happened, they were all sympathies , so I told them im not leaving till I see what he's going to do about it , so he called up the collection agency and told them of the complaint and told them to remove me from their list and the exec. assured me that the calls wont occur again.

Hopefully, else as Chirag suggested , I'll write to the CEO's office.