Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
prathod

When is Relaince Gsm expansion launch expected for now?

THe SUSPENSE is on my dear frnz , but my source in reliance tells its on 28 /12/2008

Update about Reliance GSM expansion launch:

Excerpt from Siddharth Zarabi’s interview on CNBC-TV18:

Reliance Communications wants to do a big time rollout of their 2G GSM network –– it was originally supposed to have happened on and around the December 28, the birth anniversary of the founder of the group but sources now seem to suggest that which is likely to happen only after that perhaps in the first week of January.

It is expected to be simultaneous launch in at least 100 cities, Reliance has substantial infrastructure all across the country it is going to be affordable service and going to compete with all the established operators, so its going to take up affordable motility thing further, trials are on in several cities including Delhi with regard to network optimization and network running smoothly, we expect this service will be launched with a new brand this is not confirmed as yet but we believe the company is looking at ridging the entire brand strategy both for CDMA and GSM service but we will have greater clarity on this soon.

Hello Friends,

I want to know in which circles Reliance GSM network available and is it coming to Gujarat?

It will be available in 20 circles after the expansion is complete, so most of India would be covered. Yes, definitely Gujarat.

and when?

As you can see in the last update, maybe after the first week of January.

and I want know is it possible to migrate to CDMA to GSM?

Not until Mobile Number Portability is implemented. When? Too early to tell now. Maybe by mid 2009.

Thank God, the delay is not more than one week.

So, cool down Rimwebians for another 11 days.

I called up 1800 100 3333 (Reliance GSM helpline) they told me that GSM services would be launched THIS MONTH itself.. However, he did not have any specific dates.. But he was sure about commercial launch by this month..

Even i agree with Honest, we will be knowing about the launch in a few days. Until then hold your horses brethren...

Here is the video of the CNBC TV-18 news about the launch of Reliance GSM service: http://www.in.com/active18/watchnow/watchv...p?autono=372345

Another point they mentioned is that Reliance is likely to start GSM service with pre-paid service initially.

Yes.. its gonna be only Pre-paid for 2-3 months.

Wonder why there's a problem with launching both Pre & Post.

Oh no! It would be difficult to get a number of your choice with Prepaid. I hope they launch Postpaid soon.

It cannot be only prepaid, they'll certainly launch postpaid also.

It cannot be only prepaid, they'll certainly launch postpaid also.

2-3 months buddy.

:NOTriste:

Today i got official news that reliance -gsm will be launch after 15-jan09.

had to be .....by the way what is the source of ur news???

This proves how unorganised RComm is from within.. not just the outside.

They themselves don't know when the final launch day is coming.

They call it 'Surprise' for those who didn't know.

I think there must be some technical difficulty in launching post paid service along with the pre paid one.other service providers have also done so in the past,except reliance cdma perhaps,which started with post paid.the back end services like billing should take more time to setup.

So ADA will mis DA's Birthday Celebration with GSM as done by Mukesh for CDMA.

today is 28th december and still call cente executivee didn't gave any confirmation on launch?

today is 28th dec ? where is service? call 18001003333

See the previous posts, it doesn't seem to be launching on December 28th

Dear Friend,

This does not show the unorganized behaviour of RCOM, but in fact it highlights the marketing strategy of RCOM. They are creating a hype for a product. The number of forums and topics created for the RCOM GSM launch stand testimony to it. Now it is every telecom analysts and enthusuaists dream for RCOM to launch its GSM service. Even without spending a single rupee on marketing RELIANCE GSM, look at the amount of followers they have, look at the weightage they have managed to give their product, and all this without spending a single rupee for advertisements and marketing of their services.

Hats off to them!!!!!!!!

Called up the toll free number of Reliance GSM and they told me the same thing as usual. Launch date has not been finalised as yet and when the services are launch they would be informing us through the appropriate media.

Dear Friend,

This does not show the unorganized behaviour of RCOM, but in fact it highlights the marketing strategy of RCOM. They are creating a hype for a product. The number of forums and topics created for the RCOM GSM launch stand testimony to it. Now it is every telecom analysts and enthusuaists dream for RCOM to launch its GSM service. Even without spending a single rupee on marketing RELIANCE GSM, look at the amount of followers they have, look at the weightage they have managed to give their product, and all this without spending a single rupee for advertisements and marketing of their services.

Hats off to them!!!!!!!!

You are probably right my friend..

I was under the impression that RComm has been unofficially announcing & changing dates all this while..

This time Neither Mukesh Nor Anil has remebered Dhirubhai in Newspapers & TV.

I saw an ad in times of india today from Mukesh Ambani, in which the picture of Dhirubhai Ambani is made from Reliance symbol. So atleast he remembered!