Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ravi1ks

Using High Capacity Battery With Any Mobile

hi

can i use a high capacity battery with any mobile where electrical contacts fits well into battery compartment.

Offcourse yes, but plz check the charger of ur phone, otherwise it could damage both ur phone & charger.

It is better if u use an external charger for charging the baatery.

For which phone u wannna use hi capacity battery ....make sure the battery is compatible with phone

For which phone u wannna use hi capacity battery ....make sure the battery is compatible with phone

with lg6600.

What do you mean by compatible battery. if its fit well into battery compartment with accurate electrical contact, then what is the problem here. Please explain these as i dont know anything about these things. and how can i determine whether my charger will go well with the new battery.

In case of external charger check the charger's current output & make sure it is same or higher than that of the battery.

And also plz check the battery's current output as it may damage the circuit of the phone.

Don't go with whatever written in the battery, plz check it with a multimeter before using.

And its better if u visit a servicecentre, which will guide u.

BTW who is the manufacturer of the battery u r reffering? Ur warranty may void.

Edited by Asit

Oh ya buddy.. its not so simple that the battery fits & its ready to use..

Input & output power/voltage etc. as our members say, is also very important.

Try googling, in case someone has tried it in LG 6600 before..

thank you friends.

I have not figured out which battery i will use.

I just wanted to know if it is possible before wasting my time to search the battery.

thank you all for ur valuable insight. if any one can suggest a good idea i would be very happy and so will be many other users who face this problem of low talk-time with their handset.

In case of external charger check the charger's current output & make sure it is same or higher than that of the battery.

And also plz check the battery's current output as it may damage the circuit of the phone.

Don't go with whatever written in the battery, plz check it with a multimeter before using.

And its better if u visit a servicecentre, which will guide u.

BTW who is the manufacturer of the battery u r reffering? Ur warranty may void.

you said check the battery's current output, my query is if i use a new battery with low current output than the existing one then what's the point in using it, it can not be a high capacity battery then?

well afaik if u use chargers with diffrent charging rates but made by same company ( like nokia chargers for diffrent models) that isnt goin to damage the battery or phone....only thing is that it will take few mins more to charge ur phone....

by compatible i mean make sure the battery u use is meant for lg ....just dont put any battery into teh phoen just coz it fits in the slot ....

Edited by mufaddal_km

I usually shuffle around the batteries in my phones, however I keep the company steady. I used to use mom's BL-5c and BL6c in my old N2865, and her N2112. Also used BC-4c in both these phones, from N1265. No probs in that.

In LG, i used to switch batteries in 6130 and 2130. I found that as long as the batteries are original and manufacturer is same, you can easily switch as many batteries as u like.

exactly even i have shuflled batteries among my phones without any problems ......have used my nokia 2865 battries on other nokia phones as well no probs ....

as far aas lg6600 is concerned its better to get a spare battery

you said check the battery's current output, my query is if i use a new battery with low current output than the existing one then what's the point in using it, it can not be a high capacity battery then?

I mean the voltage output of the battery, as high voltage may damage the circuit.

afaik 3.7 v is the standard output for all batteries ( might b few exceptions)

I haven't seen LG6600's battery, but if you can fit 3500's battery in that, I think this will improve battery life, as LG3500 has a bigger battery.

it is 950 mah

Yes.. the black batteries coming wit the low-end 3000 series models are really good.

But would 950 mAh be ok for 6600? not sure.

But will sure be compatible.. Rs. 400-500 at the ASC's.