Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saurav

Ruim

Today Tata launched its RUIM enabled handsets.

GTran GCP 4020 is the only RUIM enabled handset available in RIM. Is it possible to use the same handset with different RUIM? I mean can I use Tata’s RUIM on my GTRAN-4020.

Secondly is it possible to use RIM’s RUIM on other CDMA RUIM based handsets.

:)

same query for Nokia 2280

can i use Reliance Nokia 2280 intrument with Tata Indicom Ruim Cards?

Looking at wht i read i can tell u something... U CAN GET UR NOKIA 2280 & MOTOROLLA C131 to run on TATA!! Now how? Check it out from a TATA Service Center... But this is wht i read...

http://www.tataindicom.com/products/voice/cdma_mobile/prepaid/index.asp

Step 1: Buy your handset from any Tata Indicom outlet .

Step 2: For T-Sim handsets (Motorola C131 & Nokia 2280) Insert the T-Sim and start using the service.     Other handsets are pre activated. Just start using the service.

Step 3: Enjoy a truly great phone service with unmatched value.

Though i've never seen Moto C131 having a SIM Slot... God knows wht they've come up wid. Just confirm frm a TATA Center whether a REL PREPAID connection be converted to a TATA PREPAID. Tell them that u own the handset under PREPAID. I dont think they shud mind!

Dear Chirag,

But here is contradicting T-Sim information.

http://www.tataindicom.com/products/voice/...id/handsets.asp

HANDSET Options

Nokia 3105

Kyocera Blade (Brew)

Kyocera Rave (Brew)

Kyocera Phantom (Brew)

Pre- Activated/Ready to use phones

Nokia 2280 (T-SIM activated)

Motorola C131(T-SIM activated

It says that C131 & 2280 are preactivated T-Sim, while all other handsets can be changed, as customer wishes to upgrade or change for whatever reason

hello all,

Nokia 3105 is not a ruim based handset.

Regarding the handset the ruim card supplied by the reliance will work in any other RUIM based handset. Yes from the qery u should be able to used the tata card in the GTRAN HANDSET.

Well regarding RUIM in Nokia 2280. I heard that Reliance has disabled that in their phones and we have to program it to get it working.. :)

RUIM is very much similar, almost exactly same to SIM in GSM. By changing the RUIM in the handset you can easily change the service provider.

All those who have purchased the handsets by making full payment from Reliance are the owners of the handset and they can use handset with the service provider of their choice. Non RUIM supporting Handsets can also be converted to other operators but that involves a risk.

Reliance does not authorize you to use their software for service provider other than Reliance. Only the Rworld software belongs to Reliance. Regarding the software we will discuss in another forum named Rworld software.

In the Telecom market Reliance and TATA are to big service providers that will provide cheaper services as compared to others. Both support the CDMA technology. The handsets of the same model have features irrespective of Service provider. Only difference is in the print. E.g. on handset provided by Reliance its name is printed.

In the coming days both Reliance and TATA will provide customers the option to buy handsets of their choice and purchase their RUIMS.

Due to all these reasons I will advice everyone to prefer RUIM based handsets over others. With this it will easy and cheaper for you to change Service provider.

For those who use International Roaming should prefer handsets supporting both GSM & CDMA handsets but presently they are not available in INDIA.

Eventhough in Reliance you own the handset, the right to use lies with reliance. You may be heard TATA executives arrested for converting Reliance handsets to their network in the past.

You may be heard TATA executives arrested for converting Reliance handsets to their network in the past.

That was long back when Reliance had not transfered the ownership to individuals! With their new POSTPAID2PREPAID scheme n Outright Purchase Scheme, i dont think they can have any more right over the phone! all that they can bargain wid us is to keep the s/w of the maufacturer! I wudn't buy any of their other crap if am paying the entire amt <_<

Anywys, has any1 found out from TATA whether we cud use Reliance Handsets if we own them? Lets rather get official news than talk n discuss on our own!

Why is there no clear cut direction of Inter operator compatibility of CDMA handsets after almost two years of introduction? Why has TATA not openly declared that they are ready to accept Reliance handsets (At present they wont accept RIM handsets even if the customer owns it in prepaid)

Chiraag, you are just an individual.. Reliance can buy the goverment. They can play with any law go against any policy. Whats right to us neednt be right for them.

Why has TATA not openly declared that they are ready to accept Reliance handsets

Maybe even TATA wants to play the RIM game! They too want to rope in huge sums of money thru sale of handsets! However clean image they project, everybody wants to make money these days! And hence u never know! <_<

Only the people who have made full payment of handset are the owner of handsets. People who purchased it under 3350, 6350, 4850, 501 are and are not going to be owners of handsets. What they are paying is club privilege charges not handset installment. Handset is free. The same thing applies to DAPO.

It’s my suggestion that if you want to be owner get your handsets upgraded in suitable offer.

Only Rworld software belongs to Reliance. Only owners can use the service of their choice on their handset. But they have to follow the exit policy.

Pegasus, the bottom line right now is, whether you own the handset or not, TATA indicom WONT ACCEPT RIM HANDSETS for now.

i think it will be easy to arrange tata ruim.

secondly with in a few months due to pressure from manufacturers handsets will be available in market and option will be with user. rworld software will be a problem.

i think it will be easy to arrange tata ruim.

secondly with in a few months due to pressure from manufacturers handsets will be available in market and option will be with user. rworld software will be a problem.

13077[/snapback]

"R World" is not a SOFTWARE. It is possible to program a handset to access "R world", I think it was posted somewhere. You need to use #777 and the user name and password of R world. Code and Vishal know about it.

RUIM is the CDMA SIM Card made from the same specification and Wattage the GSM Handset runs on.

All RUIM data can also be read on GSM and vice versa. Qualcomm had Defined the Standards Specificatin in year 2000 for CDMA 2000 Network. But only Diferrece in RUIM is It also has CDMA Configuration on the Chip. So when in CDMA Home Network RUIM Based CDMA Phone will work. But when in Rooming to National or Internation Gateaway the Same RUIM can be used in GSM Sets for Internatonal Roaming and the Phone Book will be transfered to new device via RUIM SIM.

Qualcomm has made this changes becuase of the Growing Pressure from Verizone, Spint Mobile Operator of US to Provide the Customer the Option for International Roaming and National Roaming where CDMA is not available. Now 40 % over the World Including Tata is giving us the RUIM based Handset and RUIM Cards. Reliance also can do this but They Dont have or Require the RUIM Making Unit. RUIM is Standard SmartCard to be Programmed for Reliance Network. In Telson and GTrans the RUIM is Provided by the telson and GTran Company the Reliance Just Activate the Same in it's Network.

Hey Guys the some of the Nokia CDMA Handsets Like 6225, 6255, 6265 are made for Both Type of Network. But we need the Proper Firmware for that.

Like Reliance Nokia 6255 had N150V0400 Firmware here 400 is the Version and N150 is Network Code.

It seems Nokia had not made any Firmware update for Reliance Network for use of RUIM True they had came with RUIM Based Firmware for Tata Network. When In Future Reliance Start the RUIM based system for MASS Client Base then only thr RUIM and compatible Firmware for Reliance will become easily availale.

A RUIM card (also R-UIM) or Removable Universal Identity Module (SIM/RUIM), is a removable ID chip for cellular phones made for the Code Division Multiple Access (CDMA) network. The RUIM card holds a user’s personal information such as name and account number, cell phone number, phone book, text messages and other settings.

The RUIM card provides flexibility to switch phones by simply removing the RUIM card and slipping it into another card-enabled phone. The new phone would then be able to make and receive calls on the user’s account without having to go through the carrier for activation. A user could, for example, have several phones and switch between them, borrow a friend’s phone to make a call with his RUIM card, or even switch to another carrier and keep his or her old phone. The new carrier would simply issue the customer a new RUIM card to use in his or her existing phone. The only requirements are that the phone is unlocked and compatible with the frequency band of the new carrier.

Although the idea of a RUIM card might be new to people who have had cellular service with a CDMA carrier, the concept is old hat to those using Global System for Mobile Communication (GSM) networks. GSM is a competing network technology, popular in Europe and most countries outside of North America with a much larger overall share of the world market. GSM phones use a Subscriber Identify Module or SIM card. SIM cards and RUIM cards will be interchangeable in phones, allowing the consumer maximum flexibility. They will also be required to meet the same standards, facilitating uniform manufacturing standards.

Savvy CDMA users in the United States have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of RUIM cards, particularly since GSM has become more competitive in the American market. The SIM card used with GSM phones offers many distinct advantages to the consumer over the traditional proprietary handsets required by CDMA technology. A RUIM card would make CDMA more attractive to consumers and would also open the door to better roaming contracts between CDMA and GSM networks, allowing the best possible global coverage for all cellular customers.

The RUIM card was developed by the CDMA Development Group and 3rd Generation Partnership Project (3GPP). It was approved by the Telecommunications Industry Association (TIA) and has been used in China since 2002

I had Started this Topic for Making the RUIM based Revolution and awareness in the CDMA Users

Hetal Patel

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Pretty interesting post, hetal! that gives some good insight in the new developments!

Dear Friends

TATA is doing it indirectly.I contacted a TATA outlet and they adviced

me to contact NOKIA to get essential software for converson