Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saurav

Rworld Software

The software in the handsets irrespective of its made basically consists of two main parts:

1. Mobile software (Phone Book, Call and other handset features)

2. Rworld Software

Mobile software has nothing to do with Reliance its only dependent on the manufacturer.

RWORLD software belongs to Reliance and it can’t be used for other service providers this is what you have agreed when you purchased RIM.

When u get a MMS and you choose no to run it a text like jattayu …… is displaced. These paths can help us to know the technical basics of RWORLD. I request other users to kindly post those address below for different handsets stating the model of handset they own (only one post of one model).

If you open the website manufacturer (not Indian site) you will find that in features they enlist java enabled. It’s java platform on which Rworld is working. When the working platform is same then is there any difference b/w the Rworld software for different models. If yes, then why and how.

For errors relating to RWORLD you are always asked to do one of following:

1. Reset Rmenu

2. Reset Rmenu 3 times and clear memory 3 times.

3. Reburn Rworld

4. Rworld board swap

What is the difference b/w these options

For Gtran GCP-4020 MMS displays following text.

MMS;Jataayu;MMSClient;1;1.3;http://ssg.wdsap.ricinfo.com/ssg?_rapsvc=4.31&_rapty

pe=download&Version=1.4;0XXXXXXXXXX

XXX denotes number of sender for privacy i marked it as XXX.

please add such address for other handsets.

RWORLD software belongs to Reliance and it can’t be used for other service providers this is what you have agreed when you purchased RIM.
Yup Dude.... R-World is a s/w made by reliance techies in J2ME... Its just a software which comes pre-installed in phones given by reliance.... We need to install the software in our phones if we need to access R-World in any other handset... So Other Service providers cannot provide it....

This s/w is similar to applications which we install in Sybian Based GSM Phones... like Nokia 6600,3660,3650...etc... R-World is similar to that...

When u start R-World it uses the modem ( *228) inbuilt in the phone to connect to R-World Menu...

In General, R-World is a portal designed in J2ME... and the menus are just like Web Pages similar to those of WML....

So, By default... R-World connects u to R-World Homepage....

When the working platform is same then is there any difference b/w the Rworld software for different models. If yes, then why and how.

The Platform is same... and R-World Home page is also same... But the difference is for different handsets it appears different...

For Ex., conider our board itself... (rimweb.com) i can change the skin over here... and that skin only applies to me...

Similarly, the preinstalled R-World in our handset shows us only the handset is capable of showing....

this is all i know.... If anyone knows more.. do post...

When u start R-World it uses the modem ( *228) inbuilt in the phone to connect to R-World Menu...

19942[/snapback]

The modem no dialled is #777 and not *228 which is for handset activation

Edited by Shabz

oOpS i fOrGoT aBouT tHe mMs....

When u get a MMS and you choose no to run it a text like jattayu …… is displaced. These paths can help us to know the technical basics of RWORLD

Now, this also part of my previous explanation...

Like i told R-World is a portal which is Online....

As of now, i think there is no method to send images via SMS....

What actually happens in a MMS in GSM and in this case in Reliance CDMA...

When i send an MMS... i store in the Serive provider's portal.... Here the MMS is stored in R-World portal... And you get an SMS of the link to the MMS in GSM.... In GSM you need to connect to GPRS and download it via WAP... and in Reliance you need to Connect to R-World and download it... Thats all...

In Future, reliance is going to store it in a common portal so that it can be downloded by other service providers.... i.e we can send mms to other operators also....