512 kbps unlimited - 1800 per month

Business Wimax

256 kbps unlimited - 4400 per month

512 kbps unlimited - 8000 per month

1024 kbps unlimited - 12000 per month

2048 kbps unlimited - 20000 per month

one time installation charges 750

Other terms and conditions --

1. The CPE will be provided directly to the customer by M/s SOMA and its payment will be made directly to M/s SOMA. The price of CPE will be as under (All other Taxes as per actuals):

( a ) CPE � Home User (SU) : Rs. 10000

( b ) CPE � Business User (MU) : Rs. 12000

2. In addition to the above, CPEs will be given free of cost under the Business Plans if:

( a ) The customer commits to subscribe for guaranteed period of three years; or

( b ) The customer agrees to pay in one year�s FMC in advance for the 1 Mbps and 2 Mbs

Business Plans at the time of registering the service.

3. No free CPEs will be provided under the Home Plans.

4. Apart from above mentioned tariff, all other terms and conditions of service and revenue sharing etc will be separately intimated by SP Branch, BSNL Corporate Office

http://bsnl.co.in/......../wimaxtariff.htm

Edited by savramesh

i think the tariff is comparable to wireline even though the entry cost of CPE is high for any user... like i get airtel 256 ultd for 799 plus tax a month...

^^^

CPE means Customer-Premises Equipment.

In this case CPE is used for ADSL Router.

CPE can't be used as ADSL router. An Outdoor CPE cannot have router, it have only one transceiving antenna with a MAC address so it can communicate to the Base stations. And this Transciver connects with a router(This router will not work with an ADSL line - I have checked myself) thru a normal network cable (CAT 5 or CAT 6). This type of router have one or two VoIP ports to connect an analogue phone if your provider giving a Unique telephone number for you.

But indoor CPE comes with the transceiver and router itself. Signal reception with indoor CPE is very less than the outdoor CPE.

BSNL is charging a fortune for the CPE. Rs. 10,000/-??? Once we know the settings and the bandwidth of BSNL then we can use any other open market CPE's and we can set the parameters to that CPE's. Here in Bahrain, WiMAX operators are giving free CPE's without any monthly CPE rental??. And I ask one of their sub-contract agent same as M/s SOMA how much its cost, then he told me that they are getting this CPE for a cost of BD 7/- (Rs. 850) and Zain giving them BD 20/- (Rs. 2500/-)for each installation including the cost of CPE. And this cost every customer should want to pay. so Zain is not losing any money.... @@@WHAT AN IDEA SAB JI@@@@

BSNL want s to adop this type cheating also. M/s. SOMA will make benefit on this deel with the BSNL. I think somebody from BSNL is the owner of M/s SOMA.

I think wi-max will be useful only if if offers full portability; What I gather from the discussion above is that it will be installed on a user specific premises by installing the CPE; what happens if we like to use wi-max on the move in our cars etc or at other locations in the city through our wimax enabled laptop.... then what... if we are being limited to one premises due to the equipment then I think it will be better to go in for wireline broadband service that is being offered by many providers... what say...

I think wi-max will be useful only if if offers full portability; What I gather from the discussion above is that it will be installed on a user specific premises by installing the CPE; what happens if we like to use wi-max on the move in our cars etc or at other locations in the city through our wimax enabled laptop.... then what... if we are being limited to one premises due to the equipment then I think it will be better to go in for wireline broadband service that is being offered by many providers... what say...

There are two versions of WiMAX can be implement. 802.16d and 802.16e. 802.16d have limited mobility and because of that WiMAX forum invented 802.16e version, and it is a full mobility platform. First you want to check which version is using by BSNL? But VSNL is using 802.16e version of WiMAX. see my older posts WiMAX interruption with satellite Signals on rimweb. So with 802.16e, we can use our CPE anywhere in the city or state or our country depends upon the operator services. As same as mobile without any SDCA or Metro or state wise or roaming....

Edited by santhoshavanoor

i agree with dkalie....the treu use of wimax would be to offer full portability rahter then been immobilised at a particular location

even sprints xohm networks gives this full portability . if this particular connection has limited portability than better to stay with wired lan connections

i agree with dkalie....the treu use of wimax would be to offer full portability rahter then been immobilised at a particular location

even sprints xohm networks gives this full portability . if this particular connection has limited portability than better to stay with wired lan connections

Yeah, if BSNL is using 802.16d WiMAX better to stay with Landline Broadband services. But why BSNL is sticking with old technologies? Initial cost for installing the 802.16e services are almost as same as 802.16d. And once they installed 802.16d, they can upgrade the system to 802.16e, but all of the customers should want to change their CPE's that means another burden to customers. Also Operators should want to change their all hardware in their system, they can use only their networking system. So it is better to go for 802.16e, giving full freedom of mobility to customers.

WiMAX war will start in just few days

Reliance is Coming in next 1 month for Major Cities, ditto for Tatas

This is Static WiMax which only Require ISP Licence to have.

For Mobility Wimax they have to bid for Wimax Band as 3G, and Mobility Wimax will only be used to Deploy 4G Telecom Service Nothings else

Yes, this is Fixed WiMAX since they mention about CPE. The tariff plans are about the same as offered by other operators but the cost of CPE is unbelievable. Other operators are giving CPE for Rs.500 only, the only difference is that the operator owns the CPE legally as per the Terms and Conditions, but who cares when we can use it forever?

<< Moving to Broadband Discussion forum >>

WiMAX war will start in just few days

Reliance is Coming in next 1 month for Major Cities, ditto for Tatas

This is Static WiMax which only Require ISP Licence to have.

For Mobility Wimax they have to bid for Wimax Band as 3G, and Mobility Wimax will only be used to Deploy 4G Telecom Service Nothings else

Dear Hetal,

For Static WiMAX (802.16d) also requires a spectrum license between 3.4 to 3.6 GHz in steps of 250KHz. And Mobility WiMAX (802.16e) operating on the same frequencies. And both WiMAX can operate between a bandwidth of 2 to 11GHz. The main difference between these two versions are 802.16d deployments are expected to follow a Frequency Division Duplexing (FDD) frequency and 802.16e deployments are expected to follow a Time Division Duplexing (TDD) frequency.

I'll come soon with more information.

what do i need on my PC to use wimax services?

For Fixed WiMAX, you just need a network card in your PC.

^^^^

plus, of course, you have to buy a cpe from bsnl @10K....

I am using tata wimax broadband in delhi since last 5 months

Tariffs are 256 kbps UNltd at 750 rs/month

CPE was free with no security deposit with 4 months advance rental

BSNL charges are pretty high

For Fixed WiMAX, you just need a network card in your PC.

Dear Arun,

What does it mean? a network card can accept the signals from WiMAX Base stations? I don't think so. Or may be network card manufacturers started to produce network card with WiMAX?

But I'm sure that now a days we can buy a laptop with WiMAX transceiver. But it is 802.16e. I'm on searching.....

A network card protocol is 802.11b/G

Or you are talking about WiFi?

Ok, Ok, now I understand what you mean.... An ethernet card on our PC with a CPE from BSNL....

Why I doubted because here we actually mentioned a NETWORK CARD for a PCI Card that we can insert in any PCI slot and can receive signals thru wireless.

But you mean that an ethernet card. Hmmm... That is also a network card... Sorry Yaarrr.....

Thanks

Edited by santhoshavanoor

Hi All

1. All current deployments of wimax in india as on date from Tata, Reliance, Bharti, AIrcel (Dishnet) & BSNL are Fixed Wimax 16d in 3.3Ghz band.

2. BSNL did a special dela with Soma for 3 states - Maha, Guj & AP for Mobile wimax 16e in 2.5Ghz band which offers state of art Mobile network and new Laptops will have Intel chipset covering 2.3-2.5Ghz band so ur Mobile wimax, WiFi will be covered. However BSNL has opted for FDD (Freq Div duplexing) for Soma 16e which is NOT a WiMAX 16e profile. The BWA auction will be in 2.3Ghz (2 x 20Mhz) & 2.5Ghz (2x20Mhz) wherein only TDD (Time div duplexing) for 16e can be used. Thus India will have standard based Wimax nw which will lower the CPE costs. SOma CPE is expensive as it is FDD & hence is NOT compatible with Laptop chipsets.

3. Having said this, I want 2 know if anyone at Hyd is using bNSL wimax service. What is user experience with respect to mobility??

I want to know of Business 2Mbps plan. How BSNL is demontrating that customer is actually getting 2mbps & not less???

Pl share ur expeience

Thanks