Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
city02

A Challenge Overcome

In a unique initiative aimed at making the physically challenged people self reliant, the Delhi Government in association with Reliance Infocomm has launched a mobile STD/PCO s c h e m e . O n August 20, 2004, Chief Minister for Delhi, Shiela Dixit handed over the first 100 Mobile PCOs to individuals in New Delhi. Over 1200 applicants have applied for this service.

The mobile PCOs are fitted with Reliance Fixed Wireless Terminals (RFWTs), and the company along with authorized representative M/s Atlanta will support the entire solution consisting of the handpropelled rickshaw, PCO Billing monitor,  FWTs, including the technical know-how to run the business.

The Delhi SC/ST/ OBC/ Minorities & Handicapped Financial & Development Corporation under the aegis of the Delhi Government is providing mobile PCO's and facilitating the loans for the same.

“Our commitment to the society is to p r o v i d e opportunities to e n a b l e a n d e m p o w e r t h e p h y s i c a l l y challenged to be self reliant. The Delhi government's vision wedded with o u r w i r e l e s s communications options  provide the platform for the same,” says Sajive Kanwar, Head PCO operations, Reliance Infocomm.

post-26-1094641845_thumb.jpg

this is something really one should appreciate

Three Cheers FOR RIL !! :rolleyes:

Well RIM has done a really good thing..

They sure got more publicity but at the same time some ppl got ways

for their living :rolleyes:

'Chalta phirta' is an amusing translation for 'mobile' ...

:D

Almost sounds like 'roaming around PCO'!

post-26-1094713281_thumb.jpg