Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
nshram

Different Type Of .jar File?

The normal .jar file which we can install and run in our java enabled handsets is actually a zip file which can be opened in winzip/winrar etc.

When you view it with a hex-viewer or notepad, you can see the "PK" signature as the first 2 bytes.

However, there seems to be a different type of .jar file, which i have seen on the web and even in some postings here.

This has a signature "application/java-archive" and CANNOT be opened with winzip/winrar...

Moreover, such jar files don't work on my Nokia 6275 - I get the "invalid application" error message.

So, what's happening here? Is it some form of encrypted file or a new format? How can we convert it to the old format?

I think it should be possible as I have seen both versions existing for the same application.

However, there seems to be a different type of .jar file, which i have seen on the web and even in some postings here.

This has a signature "application/java-archive" and CANNOT be opened with winzip/winrar...

Moreover, such jar files don't work on my Nokia 6275 - I get the "invalid application" error message.

Well Nasser may be there are two different versions, but java files should work in ur 6275. And more there are some java applications designed to run in a specific screen size. So plz check it before installing.

• Like 1