Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
manishag

Icontrol-iptv

finally i got the much awaited IPTV installed at my home.

here is my review ever since i booked the connection

so in month of april i called the Icontrol Customer care to book the iptv. they promised me that engineer will visit in next 3 days and check the feasibility and then collect the documents. 3rd day early in the morning i received the call from there engineer they sir i can't come today can i collect the document tommorow, and please save my no. and call me when you are available at your home. i saved the no. next day tried calling and no was switched off. on 5th day guy called me again for the document collection and said that he will collect the document by afternoon. finally on 10th day he collected the documents. after one week the guy came from MTNL and he did the wiring for the IPTV. 3 days after the wiring i got the call from icontrol that iptv is not feasible in my area :) and after that i received two bills of 0 Rx from MTNL

last week they again called me and said that the guy is coming for the IPTV installation i said that come tommorow guy said that he has to do it today itself :D

and finally they installed the IPTV at my home. and did good wiring for the IPTV

so that was start of IPTV.

now comes the service part

even after 2 months they havn't encashed the cheque yet :) probably they have misplaced it.

the BOX that they provided are small but some china made.

box takes less then 30 secs to boot up.

in during day time i face dowtime 2-3 times per hour and each downtime last from almost 2 sec. thats acceptable because iptv hasn't mature yet and my house is more then 3 KM away from icontrol Headend(iptv server).

i get page not found error 4 times in one week. again headend issue.

Video clarity is amazing. sometime video freezes for 1-2 secs if i am watching the live content and it's within acceptable limits after using the service of local cablewala and DISHTV and TataSky

navigational flow of Channel Guide is ok but navigation of TVGuide(EPG: Electronic Program Guide) is crapy. because one can view the program guide of one channel at a time. i don't know if there exists some setting to change the view or not. and still didn't understand why they created two different menu to browse channels and to browse TVGuide(EPG)

it takes more then 1 sec to respond the remote for features like channel change, Bringing up the TVGuide(EPG) Channel Guide.

i tried ordering the VOD from there VOD menu it asked for the password when i called at the customercare they didn't had any clue for the same. so i use random passwords and finally i found the password (111111). after so many wrong tries screen didn't get blocked which seems like some bug or some implementation problem.

in summary

service is quite good as compared to amount paid and considering the challenges which are there in rolling out the IPTV

Customer Care is worst.

UI is crapy

http://icontrol.in

^^^

go to the website, then from the drop down [available in top left] select the city, then goto icontrol menu and u can find tariff plan.