Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
MasterMind

Find Lock Code for LG Rd 2030

Hello Everyone. I just registered to this group and this is my first posting. Its nice to know we have a group for Reliance Users. Honestly, I was getting fed up with the half-truths and nonsense I get to hear frmo the reliance web world executives when I approach them with my problems. I dont blame them though. They themselves have no clear idea of what they are dealing with.

Now, coming to the point. I recently relocated from Kerala to Kolkata. I got my phone transfered to Kolkata. I use an LG 2030. Yesterday, I walked into the nearest Reliance Webworld and filed in a request for transfer. By evening I got an sms asking me to dial *488 and then *228 to activate my new number. I did so. Then I was asked to switch off my cell and switch it on again.

Now, hears where the trouble started. When I switched it on. It was in the LOCKED mode by default. I have been using the LOCK mode for over a year now. I have been using the default lock code of '0000'. Now, when I try to unlock it with 0000. I get the message - Incorrect Code.

I have not changed the lock code. I guess it got messed up when the connection frm transdered. Now, I called up customer service on this issue. They are asking me to visit the LG service centre to get it corrected.

Now, My problem is that I am new to Kolkata. I dont know the places, I dont know the language. Now, If anyone of you have faced the problem and have readymade solution for the same. That would save me a lot of trouble. Can anyone help me please........

-Uday.

Uday, there is no way the default lock code got changed automatically. You or anyone else must have changed it accidently.

If your handset is within the warranty period, you can approach the nearest LG service center and they will reset your Lock Code for free. If its out of warranty, they may charge you Rs.160 :(

Anyway, you can find out the current Lock Code in your handset using a software called uniCDMA, , in case your handset is out of warranty or you don't know where the service center is located. The link was posted somewhere in this forum (use the search button to find it). Download/Install it and connect your handset using a data cable and you will find your lock code in the main window itself. Don't try anything else with that software, as it may mess up your handset's software ! :D

dude, don't worry. visit the nearest lg service centre, you can find the address from relianceinfo.com. They will help you. Don't waste time.

MasterMind

I guess there is a way of doing it without uniCDMA - the other software commonly used by this forum members - but I am unsure if it is OK with the forum rules about posting info on it. So THE ONLY WAY may be contacting the service center.

BTW the link posted in MasterMind's post was working for me :clap:

Use a download manager to prevent broken download.

Hello Everyone,

Thanks for responding. I got the uniCDMA from sashijoseph. He mailed me the same.

Code/Greens,

I understand that the easiest way out of this would be to go to the nearest web world. But, I am also taking this oppurtunity as my first step into mobile programming. I am also curious to know more about what the software can do.

Thats why, I really want to give it a shot. :D

Pretender,

I didnt recieve your mail. Though I really appreciate the gesture.

Thanks everyone.

-Uday :clap:

Dear MasterMind,

Due to legal hassles, tweaking and cloning of RIM is not discussed anymore in this forum. However you can discuss general problems and solutions regarding RIM in this forum.

-Greens

I strongly believe if clonig shouldnt be discussed then even this thread shouldnt be discussed.What happens if lay my hand on some guys mobile and do some substantial harm to him.What u ppl are doing is teaching password hacking.

Hello Emmi,

I understand that its a bit like password hacking. But, on the other hand, for a guy in position the tips provided here in is very much helpful. I found my phone locked one fine morning and couldnt do anything about it.

I really am hesitant to pay Rs. 160/- to the service centre to plug this phone into a machine and read the code out for me. Especially since I have already invested the amount to buy a data cable. Thats not service. Thats plain looting. :D Its like the auto driver charging a new comer just because he doesnt know the place well.

Now... I am a new member to this group so have no idea, what this 'cloning' topic contained. I find it mentioned throughout the forum though. :P I assume that its about some hidden doors in the phone that makes it prone security issue. As you said, since cloning is banned. Discussions on these lines can be avoided as well. But, such a decision would put people like me who are stuck in a new place with a language problem not knowing how to reach the service centre etc. into a tough spot.

Besides, my experience with reliance webworld service and the LG customer service is that both are pathetic [No offence to anyone :blink: ]. So, given a choice. I would very much like to avoid approaching the service centre.

Regards. ;)

Then consider this case.My handset was very badly damaged , so i cloned it into a phone my friend was willing to throw away.and if proceeded legally to get a new handset i would have to shell out some 8000 odd bucks compared to which ur amount is negligable.And i'm now happily using it.Every issue has two sides.considering only the negatives is not advisable.

Folks handset cost has come down to Rs.3000.

Postpaid handsets are insured. So no problem.

:P Pls Friends Help Me!!!!! My handset also locked and i cant able to unlock it because i forget the password number ;)

Pls is there anybody to help me to send the UniCDMA Soft to my mail mohan2361977@yahoo.com

Pls help me guys !!!!

:help:   Pls Friends Help Me!!!!! My handset also locked and i cant able to unlock it because i forget the password number  ;)

Pls is there anybody to help me to send the UniCDMA Soft to my mail mohan2361977@yahoo.com

Pls help me guys !!!!

Hi Mohan,

You are now connected to the net thru R-Connect.

If your phones locked, how come you are on net :P

;) This is my friends set i get it from my friend to get this software!

ashok pls help immediatly if u have the soft pls send it to me pls

U can download Bipim from net.

http://bitpim.sourceforge.net/

and can get ur lock code by reading its file system.

Read following topic:

http://www.rimweb.com/forums/index.php?sho...1444&hl=unicdma

here u'll get a link to net_secret's briefcase.

u need an Indiatimes account to access it.

and after entering into briefcase u can d/l uniCDMA.

Take your handset to nearest service centre, they will do it for you.

go to the service centre.they will open for you. :D

Hi all,

My LG rd 2030 get connected and show the File System in BitPim, and no prob in that. but. it is not giving access to the features , as i forgot the lock code. my fone is not detected by the uniCDMA or PST lite also, plz help me i need to get thelock code, OK !!!!!!1 PLZZZZ