Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
savramesh

Burning Sony Dvd-rw In Lg Dvd Writer Using Nero

I am using LG DVD writer for the last three years without any issues.

Yesterday first time i bought a DVD-RW [sony 1x-2x compatible]. I was burning a file @ 2x speed. it took more than 10 mins and alerted "Burning process failed"..

when i browse that DVD it was empty but properties showed no free space. i tried to erase it failed.. then i restarted PC and tried to erase using Nero, it was successful.

But i got the same error when i try to burn again.. other issues with this empty DVD-RW is when i put it in drive, it will take 10-15 mins to read .. sometimes erase fails, sometimes erases., but never success in burning..

i am able to burn dvd's, cd's etc.. only problem with this RW.. is it because of 1x-2x compatibility ??

I am using LG DVD writer for the last three years without any issues.

Yesterday first time i bought a DVD-RW [sony 1x-2x compatible]. I was burning a file @ 2x speed. it took more than 10 mins and alerted "Burning process failed"..

when i browse that DVD it was empty but properties showed no free space. i tried to erase it failed.. then i restarted PC and tried to erase using Nero, it was successful.

But i got the same error when i try to burn again.. other issues with this empty DVD-RW is when i put it in drive, it will take 10-15 mins to read .. sometimes erase fails, sometimes erases., but never success in burning..

i am able to burn dvd's, cd's etc.. only problem with this RW.. is it because of 1x-2x compatibility ??

i too face smae problem, so i used to burn dvd at 1x speed only.

^^^

but while burning in nero, it selects 2x as default sped and it is disabled, i cant change it..

BTW 1x and 2x are the only speed for burning RW disks??

Edited by savramesh

The actual problem is

"Could not perform start of Disc-at-Once"

but Disc-at-once option is disabled while burning, please check screen shots..

post-25387-1247242794_thumb.png

post-25387-1247242809_thumb.png

I haven't used DVD-RW with my LG drive until now, but I'll try today and inform you later. But did you tried with other DVD-RW with your LG drive? Or you can flash your LG drive with your new driver and may be everything will be ok. But take care when you doing the flashing of DVD drive.

^^^

i have LG firmware upgrade software and the driver is latest..

i did not try other DVD-RW because i dont want to take chances..

^^^

but while burning in nero, it selects 2x as default sped and it is disabled, i cant change it..

BTW 1x and 2x are the only speed for burning RW disks??

Burning Speed is depending upon the DVD-RW type. I just experimented to write files to DVD-RW, and the task completed successfully. See the attachment.

I have used TDK DVD-RW, 4x, single sided disk and Burning software is Nero Express 7 which is coming along with the DVD drives. And you can see the burnig took approximately 10 minutes for 3GB data. I erased the Disc and it took approximately 15 minutes for a Full Erase section.

I haven't tried with other DVD-RW's, may be your DVD-RW have some manufacturing errors.

post-1125-1247323157_thumb.jpg

^^^

thanks for the experiment.. i think it should be problem with that particular DVD RW or problem with 2x writing.. i should try 4x then...

have mailed sony care.. lets see what happens..

Edited by savramesh

got call from sony care, they said this is a common problem with Nero 6 and 7, asked me to uninstall Nero, restart pc, format dvd-rw, then use windows default file writing service.

lets see, i am trying this..

Edited by savramesh

Thats nice to hear that Sony is responding quickly. Try and post your experience as per sony's comments.

tried what they said..

removed nero

restarted pc

inserted dvd-rm

tried erase dvd using windows default service - success

tried to write new files

got response 'no disk in drive'

again restarted pc

Disk visible in My computer

But disk properties shows - Used space 0 and Free space 0

Again mailed sony care

Sony care called me and asked to try Nero 9..

I have Sony 4x DVD -RW smaller DVD camcoder disks and it works perfectly fine with LG DVD writer.

Not yet.. will try soon and update..