Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
ashoksoft

It Is Possible To Alter The Jar Files

Hi every1, This is in response to a message I read somewhere in this forum, and support by others about the CRC verification of the applets in the mobile (in R-World), the author said that he had downloaded airstrike and tried to run his own applet by overwiring the said jar file.

It is possible to run your own application in R-World ( I will attach a tutorial as soon as I am through with it.), For the techies around try this : (Tested on LG RD2030).

Use Bitpim to read the contents of the phone , go to "ams", and copy both the .jar and the corresponding .jad file to your harddisk (infact the number of the jad/jar file and the application it belongs to can be found by opening the lru.db in the first folder in ams . ie : ams\00)

Once the jar is copied to the harddisk, extract it to a folder by using winrar, it will give you a corrupt file error, but no problem. Create your applet, but instead of using all your classes as protected or private, use public and in multiple files (in any case the memory of execution in the phone is restricted.), compile them to their respective class files.

Use jar to compress the files back, into a .jar file. Please ensure the file structure (Until I play around further). Ie. if I am trying to change R-Surf, then I need to store the class files in com\jataayu\ folder(inside the Jar file).

Upload it back to the phone, run that application and watch the miracle.

If you have any doubts message back. The tutorial may take some time, so in the meantime , you could post sugesstions here.. i will respond asap, infact most probably with screen shots.

Edited by ashoksoft

Thats gr8 Ashok, looking forward to the tutorial ! :clap:

Thats gr8 Ashok, looking forward to the tutorial ! :)

15677[/snapback]

Thanks arun for messaging on the 9th of October (happens to be my gf's B'Day!)

Can anybody tell me how can i enter into LG RD 2030 file system (i know only one thing that is press Menu + ??????? please tell all codes)

Thx.

Can anybody tell me how can i enter into LG RD 2030 file system (i know only one thing that is press Menu + ??????? please tell all codes)

Thx.

Its for Service Menu not for File System.

for File system u can use bitpim.

code is <MENU>+0

but it works in older s/w, in new s/w it doesnt work.

Dear users of RimWeb.Com

Hi I am back after a few days out in the beach and the sun, I had

gone on a picnic...

Well getting back to the topic.. The Games that are downloaded in the R-World, has any one bothered to see what happens when any new link is

clicked in R-World?

Well the mobile downloads a midilet, which is stored as midilet_number.jar and midilet_number.jad in the ams folder.... for eg. when R-World is first connected... two midilet files namely ams\00.jar and ams\00.jad are downloaded, along with a temperory directory for the running midilet like ams\00.

The midilet number is dependent on the order in which the applications are downloaded. For example if i download say ... rescue Lady in R-World -> Games -> New Releases (In my mobile that was the 8th entry t o be dl, so it was stored as 08.jar and 08.jad.

Now I have a similar game, that is coded in the same version of the midilet that reliance is registered to use... that is a game called ChessBuddy. So I try to overwrite the existing 08.jar and 08.jad, along with the entries in ams\00\lru.db

But it so happens that the game is stopped halfway through the loading process... Whereas this procedure works perfectly for the LG RD2030 Emulator (that's where I tried it first!!) any1 else with the same experience? Please try it out yourself and tell me if there is any sucess.... reply back If you do not have the emulator and need that!.

Please check out the files ChessBuddy.zip which I have included the jar and jad files of the said game.

Could you upload the emulator so that people who don't have it could download it?

16217[/snapback]

Would love to .... but it is too big... I will upload it elsewhere and give a link soon.... if any1 has web space ... or at least an FTP about 10MB would do.. please contact me... I will upload the Emulators for LG RD2030 , Samsung , and GTran there.

go to www.dadp.com and register yourself u will get all the emulators and the java files used for the emulator

Great Idea... in fact I got it from a online research company... and I did not bother to check their origin...

well all of ya can dl it from

http://www.dadp.com/webapp/dadp/jsp/dadp/devicetoolkits.jsp

ALL the Best... and Thanks Shaboo (a shorter and sweeter name)

Hey there ashok,

Many people tried this thing in the earlier days. I think "code" did a lot of research on this.

Thing is, even tough the games seem to work on the emulator, the refuse to run properly on the set. Whether this is a problem on our side in placing the files or if reliance has some code in place to check these files for authencity is yet unknown.

Thats why the debate about CRC earlier.

Hope you solve this soon ...

You can contact me at for any more information.

Yid : iiii_pretender_iiii@yahoo.co.in

hi Pretender... added u to my buddies.... btw.. I have found that there is no server side verification once the applet is downloaded into the phone... tonight I will post a zip file containing a Jar and a Jad file... try to replace the jar and jar files downloaded for R-Surf

I have run a different application (or at least a modified jar) sucessfully, where instead of Reliance Logo ... I show my own... and in place of The Jataayu company info... I show mine

just check it up dudes..

You are right ashok,

Some midlets are working without serverside intervention.

midlets like the ones resident on the phone. The astro and such things.

But midlets that are downloaded from the rworld are a different story.

I dont know why they wont work. Some where some validation or something.

Cant figure out.

My aim was to change the text and stuff within these midlets.

Never succeded with downloadable midlets.

Never got the time to try with resident midlets.

If you can figure this out, It'd be great :D

hi all.... sorry for the delay.. but could not find time for a moment till now.... let me finish the coding .. fully ... I will finalize the post at the most by tommorrow.. and hey pretender... one point to note is that games like Tic Tac Toe... not the multiplayer one., are resident.. so you should be able to change them, I guess itz got something to do with the emu modes used for games. have any of you guyz seen the protection used in companies like verizon (Brazil) or the newly launched Java Game world in tata Indicom, here instead of providing a standard set of games (hard coded) the comapny uses the logic of a cassete, ie. just like a cassete, as and when a game is needed, it is downloaded. Once its task is performed it is removed. But here it is not the case.. lemme try a few more times ... hope to finish things soonn..................

Btw ... i might be a bit slow in my posts after this tutorial ( esp . after 21st ) coz I need to prepare for my final year papers. (If any guyz staying in Mumbai /Suburbs could help me out ... i would love it , I just need a little help with VC++, Rest of the subjects are damn easy).

Going thro the API"s from Reliance ("I Truly wonder ! have the guyz @ Reliance just started the art of coding, or is it something like Reverse Evolution?"). Techies just take some time off to go through the API's frm reliance.

Try overwriting the jar file, of the R-Surf Midilet with this one... No modifcation to the original ... except that , this proves that there is no CRC check , I have moded the png and the txt files.

Sucessful with a game also... will upload the jar soon....

till then try this out,,, any doubts on how to Do it .. please contact me