Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Saurav

Why Rim?

My motive to start this sub forum is to help all to decide why RIM? Please post your views below.

Advantages with Remarks:

1. Tariffs

Reliance claims of lowest tariffs but its not so. All the competitors come with equivalent tariffs with a day difference. DAPO of course get free SMS but they can’t send SMS to all operators.

2. Rworld:

Rworld is one of the most distinguished services provided by Reliance but it has got nothing much interesting. RIM feels that it is doing a great favor by providing it free. But no operator charges for services similar to unbilled info, Bill, Help about RIM. No good ring tones. Hutch has started Hutch world with video clips and if FDI in telecom is increased they will provide much better service than Rworld.

3. Handsets

Many of the RIM handsets have found to have major bugs. E.g. GTran has got SMS bug and various other bugs which have been discussed in GTran sub forum. Even LG 7230 has got bugs which have been highlighted by a member recently. Other users of same handset also agreed for that. I don’t know why some people don’t like to discuss bugs in handset which they own. Just a month ago these handsets were being sold for Rs 12000/- and Rs 20000/- respectively. Those who choose these handsets got the bugs free.

4. Handset up gradation

You can’t change the handset at your choice. You can upgrade only when RIM provides you opportunity. They bring schemes for upgrades that too with tricks. Recently there was scheme named ‘Color Hungama’. Post paid customer reward. But actually it proved to be a post paid customer punishment. In scheme there was opportunity to upgrade handset without paying any deprecation charges. I will explain this with example. I purchased LG 2030 under 3350 scheme. I was required to pay Rs 8651/- to upgrade to GTran 4020. Thus total 12001/-. But after 1 month the price of same handset has been reduced to 5999/- resulting in deprecation cost of Rs 6002/-. Similarly others who upgraded suffered a loss of 50%. If I would have opted for new connection I would have saved 2651/- but at the cost of change in number.

Due to this reasons I feel it advantageous to go with some other operator. What do you think?

well let me correct u on sms even in DAPO u can sms to every other operator there was a problem with bsnl and mtnl for 1.5 years but now u can send sms to all operators .

Regarding handsets u r correct there r bugs in color handsets but b/w handsets r good 2030 is quite stable

GSM handset charges also fall every month or so but sure not to 50% like RIM handset and u have to shell more money to upgrade and that also to the handset of their choice

Well there r some pros and cons of every service but the coverage is good and roaming charges are quite low

The main problem r the people at RWW and CC who r not at all informed of the sevices provided by the company and this leads to misinforming / misleading the coustomer .

yes i agree prices of handsets fall even in GSM but u get max of your old handset while Reliance gives minimum. further the new handsets are buggy. thus they work only with LG 2030 or N191. poor nalayak reliance. some please teach them to upgrade there technology from time to time.

the decrease in price is not the problem. The thing that troubles the most is that you pay more to get handset with bugs. In GSM as the cost you pay increases the quality of handset increases whereas with Reliance things are reverse. As the cost increases the quality decreases, number of bugs increases. They are actually fit for providing services only on LG Rd 2030 and N191. Higher price handsets are not fit for their services.

Edited by Saurav