Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Shabz

COM ports and CDMA programs

The problem with most of such softwares is that they only work for two ports ie they only show com1 and com2 now my mobile is on com 5 what should i do The max they have is com4 like in unicdma

Can the techies help me in this matter

The problem with most of such softwares is that they only work for two ports ie they only show com1 and com2 now my mobile is on com 5 what should i do The max they have is com4 like in unicdma

Can the techies help me in this matter

16806[/snapback]

Yup, it is possible to change the COM port. You can interchange COM1 with COM (any). I am not sure how it is done, or that it will work.

You will have to first vacate COM1 by moving it to a free com port and then re assign your COM 5 to COM1. Maybe an expert on windows can help. I am not sure

Best bet is buy a serial cable.

Sanay, try freeing up COM4 and COM5 and then install the drivers of the data cable before you install the drivers of the hardware previously in COM4. That way, you get to chose your COM port as COM4 for Reliance.

It depends whether the soft was designed to support virtual com ports. If not then it won't work on USB cables no matter what U put in that option combo box.

My com2 is empty then also when I install my mobile drivers it get installed on com5 and if i try to change the com port manually i cannot access the mobile and a new problem nowadays I have installed modem drivers of lg 2030 and it got installed on com5 bitpim can find it and read the filesystem but the r connect dialler cannot find it neither does the QUERY MODEM gives any response it says can't open port

Please help

I faced the same problem today (what a coincidence) and I got a fix for it !

I guess this works only on Windows XP...

Open Device Manager and open the COM port (5, in your case) properties. Click Port Settings tab > Then Advanced. Now you will find a drop down box with lots of port numbers. Choose COM 2 and click all OKies. Thats it !

I faced the same problem today (what a coincidence) and I got a fix for it !

I guess this works only on Windows XP...

Open Device Manager and open the COM port (5, in your case) properties. Click Port Settings tab > Then Advanced. Now you will find a drop down box with lots of port numbers. Choose COM 2 and click all OKies. Thats it !

16841[/snapback]

Exactly.. thats what I was talking about

Now if you want to operate your phone on COM1 just move whatever device was on COM 1 to a free COM port, and move your COM5 thing to COM1. Must solve most problems.

I think such option is avail on NT based OS (NT/2k/XP/2k3/longhorn) only.

16853[/snapback]

Ya true.. Me gt XP and i got option to select com ports

arun - what you are talking about are standard com ports. Not all com port drivers have this advanced option you speak of regardless of OS. Does anyone know of some more advanced solution to this problem? (registry maybe?)

evenn i faced this problem with fwp long time back than i switched to linux and i was able to connect net on linux

In XP u have to option to change the number of COM port if no other application the other com port number. When I install my usb data cable driver then its port was 7. Then i fix it as com 4 for using unicdma. Go to- My computer->properties->hardware->device manager->select your port->properties->port setting-> advance and fix your com port to an anoter number.