Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Beetle

Bitpim And Recognition At First Attempt

8) BitPim Will NEVER Detect The Phone In The First Try.

For BitPim To Successfully Read The Filesystem Of The Phone The Filesystem Has To Be Checked Two Times In A Succession Without Restarting The Phone.(explicitly, No Use Trying)

6588[/snapback]

I use Serial cable on COM port 1, Bitpim and Qpst recognise this one particular phone on first attempt, every time...!! Brew mode in an instant. (LG RD 2030, r11 and I have tweaked on this phone a LOT) It was more earlier, about 2 to 3. Does not happen on other RD 2030s that I have. I need two to three attempts with bitpim not Qpst.

The only difference is that I have played with the PRL on this phone, while I did not in the others. Can this be the reason? Any similar experiences?

Actually they have set the phone to respond to a particular command (for most commands) only if it comes in twice (kinda confirmation) to guard against communication errors. I don't know if this behaviour is consistent across all the models & s/w versions e.g I heard FWP requires three in succesion.

My phone is also recognised by BitPIM in the first attempt. I'm using LG RD2030, Win98SE. Serial cable on COM1 port. It always did. I never had to fiddle with any settings.

Actually with serial cable there should be no problem and it should be recognized in first attempt. There used to be problem with usb cable that it recognized in second attempt but with the latest version of Bitpim this problem is also not present and when it is working with one mobile it should work equally fine with other mobiles also

I am a novice at COM ports or for that matter computers. Is it the problem with the USB port or the "USB to Serial converter" software. Why does serial/com1 better.

And does this condition change if the USB port is changed from Com 4 (or whatever) to COM 1, as explained by Arun. Does bitpim or other programs recognise phone on first attempt.

Well BREW has a protocol to communicate with the phone.it establishes connection after proper protocol stacking etc.if u look at protocol detials on probing the phone, using bitpim latest version, u can find that out :D

Actually most of you are only getting at the second attempt.. :D

The thing is Bitpim 0.62 used to notify you after it fails to connect to phone in the first attempt and then when u try to connect the second time, it connects...

In later versions, it doesnt notify u after it fails and trys a second time and it gets succeeded. You will feel that u got thru easily in the first attempt.

One thing,

This is jus for the sake of knowing to get file system in bitpim in first attempt..

Open Hyperterminal

Make a connection to your phones com port

then connect

and type AT$QCDMG

Now disconnect and now open Bitpim

It will connect in first attempt..

Anyways this is not practical to do everytime, So as i said it just for the sake of knowing a method :P