Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
ashoksoft

R Connect From One Computer But Not Another

Hi every1,

Hey this is a funny situation... I am an LG RD2030 user. I have been using R Connect (0 balance bug) for a long time now.. Seems like I have some funny problem.....

I have been connecting to the net using my old Celeron 266 machine. (In fact I am still messaging from it!! ). But pretty recently I got myself a Pentium IV, and even though everything seems to be perfect when I dial on my nuew machine I get a message like "Error 629. Disconnected from Remote Server"

When I bring back my mobile to my older machine and get on line (kabboooooooooom) I am online. Very funny.

Now here is an exact config of the two machines :

Celeron 266,64MB Ram, 4.3 GB HDD, on a KOB 810DST board. (Win98 / IE 6)

Mobile Connected to Com-2 --- Connects Perfectly to R Connect

Pentium IV 2.4 GHz, 256 MB RAM,80 GB HDD, on a ASRock board

(Win98 / WinXp )(IE 6)

Mobile Connected to Com-1 --- Connects perfectly to BitPim but not to R- COnnect

(PS : One more observation, Windows XP on my new machine says "Some error with modem", while 98 Dials to #777 and gives a message like "Disconnected by remote server" (I have tried connecting my old Com port from my olod machine back to the new one - :P no sucess))

hey try to switch off ur mobile and switch on. Then try. But i dont know what is the prob is exactly......

But i am using my mobile (after my bal is 0) in atleast three or four computers.

and our friends too get a mobile from me and they are using with out prob.

So what i expect is

1. May be prob in ur com port. coz one time i connected my mobile to my friends comp. After the connection establishment it is automatically disconnected when i try to open internet explorer. As u said the mobile is readed by bitpim and all....

then i tried with another com port. Amazingly it is working perfectly now...

so try to change the com port.

2. Restarting mobile may be some times work....

expecting ur fine reply

ALL THE BEST

If ur cell is being recognised by BITPim then it should also be able to connect to the net. Tell me one thing, when you are connecting the bitPim which O/S u r using? Do you use the same O/S or environment while connecting to R-Connect? I mean the environment in which u r trying to connect to RConnect should be identical to the one u r using while u connect to bitPIM successfully.

Its not like that that if bitpim recognizes mobile r connect should also I have two mobiles attached to my computer N191 and rd2030 while n 191 works fine rd2030 is only recognized by bitpim but not by r connect software or Hyperterminal or unicdma

Can anybody explain this

rd2030 is only recognized by bitpim but not by r connect software or Hyperterminal or unicdma

Shabbooo if u use rd2030 and connect it thro bitpim or unicdma, then u shld restart the mobile. Then only it is recognized by rconnect. try and tell

I am very thankful for your responses but ,.,, I am extremely sorry that the help you all have provided me has not been of much help

*I have tried restarting the mobile...

*I have changed the COM ports

(But my P IV has a COM -1 , and a COM - 4 (COM-2 and COM-3 are for IR and

Bluetooth) and cannot be interchanged or alloted to another port)

*In fact I have even removed the port from my old computer and attached it to

the new one to absolutely no sucess!!!

*I am using the same OS for accessing BITPIM as well as R-Connect

*R-Connect Dials sucessfully, it shows

Dialing ............

Connecting to Remote Computer

Verifying User Name and Password

Disconnecting

Error 629 : You have been disconnected from the Remote computer.

*This error, occurs if my user name and password are wrong or if the connection

has terminated.. but neither holds true.. (I have been networking machines and

mobiles for 4 years now, and this is a unique case that has baffled me.)

please post after you read all this information

may be some reliance network fault?

once i faced same problem.

but it was solved next day.

so may be its reliance problem?

may be ur mobile is not activated some how by reliance?

may be some reliance network fault?

once i faced same problem.

but it was solved next day.

so may be its reliance problem?

may be ur mobile is not activated some how by reliance?

17085[/snapback]

DUDE!!! the mobile is working perfectly on the NET on my other Computer but is not connecting from my new one!!!! SO no Problem with reliance

*I am using the same OS for accessing BITPIM as well as R-Connect

*R-Connect Dials sucessfully, it shows

Dialing ............

Connecting to Remote Computer

Verifying User Name and Password

Disconnecting

Error 629 : You have been disconnected from the Remote computer.

*This error, occurs if my user name and password are wrong or if the connection  

has terminated.. but neither holds true.. (I have been networking machines and

mobiles for 4 years now, and this is a unique case that has baffled me.)

Thanks for this two info dude. This tells me that Your Phone is being detected by the PC through the COM ports. So no use of fiddling with them. Please give a serius thought about two things, just check

Check1. May be BITPim is causing a conflict with the RConnect

Check2. Your Dial-Up Networking files (winsock files) might have become corrupted.

Solution1. uninstall BitPim and remove all the entries of BitPIM in the registry and remove the folder from Program Files.

Solution2. Re-Install Dial-Up Networking from the scratch>>

You will need to delete all existing connections, remove your dial-up adapters and Dial-Up Networking, and then recreate the connections and reinstall the dial-up adapters and Dial-Up Networking.

To delete all connections

Double-click My Computer, and then double-click Dial-Up Networking.

Right-click a connection, and then click Properties.

Note all the settings on the various tabs, and then click OK.

Right-click the connection, and then click Delete.

Repeat these steps for each connection.

To remove dial-up adapters

Open Network in Control Panel.

Under The following network components are installed, double-click each dial-up adapter, note the settings, and then click Cancel.

Click each dial-up adapter, and then click Remove.

Click OK, and restart your computer when you are prompted to do so.

To remove Dial-Up Networking

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

Double-click Add/Remove Programs, and then click the Windows Setup tab.

Double-click Communications, and then clear the check box next to Dial-Up Networking.

Click Yes, and then click OK, and then click OK again.

When your computer has finished copying files, restart your computer.

To remove other Dial-Up Networking files

Click Start, click Shut down, and then click Restart in MS-DOS mode.

At the command prompt, enter the following commands. After typing each command, press ENTER Note that some of these files may not be present:

cd \

cd windows\system

ren pppmac.vxd pppmac.dxv

ren rnasetup.dll rnasetup.old

ren rnaapp.exe rnaapp.eex

ren rnaui.dll rnaui.lld

ren rnanp.dll rnanp.lld

ren rnathunk.dll rnathunk.lld

ren rasapi16.dll rasapi16.lld

ren rasapi32.dll rasapi32.lld

ren rnaserv.dll rnaserv.lld

ren smmscrpt.dll smmscrpt.lld

ren smmsetup.dll smmsetup.lld

ren splitter.vxd splitter.dxv

ren spap.vxd spap.dxv

ren vgateway.vxd vgateway.dxv

ren wsock32.dll wsock32.lld

ren rnaph.dll rnaph.lld

cd..

ren winsock.dll winsock.old

cd \

cd progra~1\access~1

ren slipmenu.scp slipmenu.old

ren slip.scp slip.old

cd windows\inf

ren rna.inf rna.fni

Restart your computer.

Click Start, and then click Run.

In the Open box, type SFC, and then click OK.

Click Extract one file from installation disk.

Type Rasapi32.dll, and then click Start.

In the Restore from box, type the location of the cabinet (.cab) files that contain compressed copies of your Windows 98 files. This location is normally a folder on your installation disk.

For example, if Windows 98 was installed from a CD-ROM with drive letter D, the correct path would be D:\Win98. In some cases, computer manufacturers place a copy of the cabinet files in the C:\Windows\Options\Cabs folder or in a similar folder.

In the Save file in box, type C:\Windows\System (this assumes Windows 98 is installed on drive C), and then click OK.

To reinstall Dial-Up Networking

Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.

Double-click Add/Remove Programs, and then click the Windows Setup tab.

Double-click Communications, and then select the check box next to Dial-Up Networking.

Click OK, and then click OK again.

When your computer has finished copying files, restart your computer.

To create a new connection

Double-click My Computer, and then double-click Dial-Up Networking.

Double-click Make New Connection.

Follow the steps to re-create the connection.

Right-click the new connection, and then click Properties.

Select all the appropriate settings on the Server Types tab, and then click TCP/IP Settings.

Select all the appropriate settings in the TCP/IP Settings dialog box, and then click OK.

Warning:

Remember, this is for the Windows98 OS only. You may need to run SFC immediately after you reboot and restore Winsock.dll & wsock32.dll if you get Error codes from Explorer.exe

Pls let us Know what is the result.

Edited by Utsav

Hey UTSAV,

Thanks a lot for the info.... been there ... done that!!!!

No Sucess!!!

btw.. here is something I managed to do...

I took a backup of the Registry from my celeron machine.

I updated my P IV's Regisrty, and rebooted the machine,,,

The PC booted up without loading any drivers with the 640 * 480 res. and I tried running R-Connect...

Voila/// It connected ........... BUT after logging on to Network dialog, the connection icon appeared in the taskbar, but barely 10 seconds later I was disconnected again with the same error message Error 629:Disconnected by remote server.

This worked only once... no sucess since..

If any of u guys are from Mumbai, and can drop by .... I can show you this miraculous machine

Ashok it is surely the com port problem. Same prob i faced.... now i changed com2 to com1 and it works fine now. check the com port connection....

And i dont think there is no software problem... so dont change the registory or software and all... try with hardware...

Ashok it is surely the com port problem. Same prob i faced.... now i changed com2 to com1 and it works fine now. check the com port connection....

And i dont think there is no software problem... so dont change the registory or software and all... try with hardware...

17164[/snapback]

Hi mohan,

Tried even that... Now I think no solution to this problem is in sight... In fact if someone has a P IV supporting, motherboard GVSR 845 (from ASROCK) and are able to connect to the net perfectly... please do tell me... I am now quite desperate.... changing com ports also does not work!!!!!

hey i said just changing the com port will do nothing. try with hardware....

Check the com port cable inseide... if it is bulitin contact ur hardware engg...

Open up the prob PC, disconnect the pwr supply cable, disconnect all the cables from the M/B, remove the battery, short the jumpers for bios and keep the M/B lying on floor with a wet piece of towel preferably. Keep the M/B lying for whole night (for over 8 hours).

Now reorganise the BIOS jumpers, attach the M/B to cab and attach all cables. Attach per cables now. Boot the PC (without batt on M/ :D load fail-safe defaults from BIOS and start windows. Shut down the PC. add the batt to M/B and reboot. while booting load optimal defaults from the BIOS and load Windows. Restart teh PC and try connecting...

Tell me the results.

Well another thing to look for is a hardware conflict. My friend pulled out all hair until I figured out that the conflict between his two RAM chips was the real cause of the problem with R-Connect.

Rep to Mohan:

I had already done that,,, I swapped the com ports all including the cables between my machines.

Reply to UTSAV

Dude, You sure are helpful... I will need a day more to try out that huge an experiment... well I will post back soon.... check then, anywayz thanks

Well another thing to look for is a hardware conflict. My friend pulled out all hair until I figured out that the conflict between his two RAM chips was the real cause of the problem with R-Connect.

17276[/snapback]

Hey will check up that.,... seems like UTSAV has given me a new plan ... just to remove any such situation I guess... lemme see

will keep you all posted

Hi Utsav.... No Luck Man......

The process I mentioned was for releasing any Static Charge that might have been influencing the configuration. Anyway, try again after changing the PC connector Cable.

Hey ... here is a procedure I tried....

I took a backup of the registry from my celeron. and just updated that on my P IV

restared my machine....

It loaded without the graphics drivers.... fine with me as long as it connected ....

IT CONNECTED (But Disconnected a Minute Later)

Now... I tried changing the settings of my network .... an all..

now my machine connects to the net... but there is only outgoing traffic... no In comming

ie. The out bound counter runs like an Indian Taxi meter ... where as the incoming traffic remains stuck at 205 bytes

any guess?

Check out for virus in the PC. It happened with me with an incorrigible Wingo.exe virus hidden in my HDD!

Check out for virus in the PC. It happened with me with an incorrigible Wingo.exe virus hidden in my HDD!

17748[/snapback]

No virus as far as latest updates are concerned in bit defender

Hi ..... Utsav.......

Sure.. I am getting .... Sorry Got AVG

OK! Still No luck