Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shabz

Service Area

Hi I think this topic enters the "banned zone" ;) but I am tempted to ask this I tampered with my mobile 2030 Oldies can understand what I mean so won't elaborate it

Now when I go to see the service area it shows PUBLIC instead of the place the mobile is another thing when I try to activated the mobile by dialling *228 it asks for a 9 digit code now what should I do and why has this happened

Moderators if you feel that the topic is in the "Banned Zone' you may very well close it or delete it :P

But think about this :help:

Can you PM me in details. Lot of "weird" things happen with the so called tampered phones, lets not discuss it openly. Cant say that it is banned as it comes to the fringe area. Let the global moderators decide.

Things which are clearly banned:

1. Changing ESN/MIN/Cloning

2. Changing networks.

why should changing networks be banned? it is understandable that a DAPO phone belongs to reliance and hence changing networks should not be allowed. but i have bought my phone outright from RIM and am the owner of the phone - surely i have the right to change networks on that phone ... assuming it is all right with the target phone company.

Changing ESN is illegal. This is confirmed. Changing operators by end user without the knowledge of the mobile operator involves changing ESN as one of the many steps, esp in brew programmed handsets. So, it is illegal and is banned on this forum.

If you can find a way to change networks on your CDMA handset, with the consent of the network service provider (this involves registering your handsets ESN by the new network) then it is legal as it does not involve changing ESN.

PS: My personal opinion is otherwise.

what if the process is as simple as inserting a new RUIM chip?

and just for argument sake, in many countries changing ESN is illegal, but i cant recall any such law in india.

Don't worry. u r owner of gtran u can use tata on it. ww authority said its legally permitted.