Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
AGK

How Reliable Is Sms Delivery Report?

If i send a sms to my reliance cdma number which is not in use for the past 2yrs and is not allotted to anybody also then also I get the delivery report

^^^

If you able to send sms then you will definitely receive sms report, only number should be active with +ve balance for sms.

I have seen stranger things happening with Rcdma delivery reports..The lesses said the better about it..Delayed delivery of sms is a fact one has to live with now..Someone mentioned about getting delivery reports even when the reception number was switched off..This is 100% true with my case as well..

^^^

This is not only for RCDMA, for each and every operator this kind of things happens time to time.

:previous: Am yet to experience any problems with SMS with any operator except RCom (dunno about Tata Indi). Worst is RCDMA and next is RGSM and also BSNL. However, my experience with BSNL was over 3 years ago... don't know if they have improved. With RGSM, though the problem of "Msg. Sending Failure" is almost gone, I don't get delivery report sometimes, even if the recipient has actually received the msg. And once in a while messages from other operators arrive on my phone after several hours.

^^^

This is not only for RCDMA, for each and every operator this kind of things happens time to time.

I have used every operator here in Delhi..Every single one of them...Have never had any such issue with Idea,Airtel, Aircel,Vodafone,MTNL(pre as well as post), Virgin, Tata or even MTS..RCDMA and RGSM are the biggest nuisance in as far as sms are concerned..PERIOD!

:previous: Right said... guess it applies here too. Furthermore, even voice clarity of RGSM has again become a sore point. I guess the only thing RCom scores currently is in tariffs... else there is no benefit in using their services.

you are correct about RGSM they are only living becoz of their tariffs

service is worst than any other operator.