Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
city02

Reliance Develops First Gsk In Cdma Space

For the first time in the CDMA space anywhere in the world, Reliance Infocomm has indigenously developed a Get Started Kit (GSK), to empower its subscribers with the freedom to choose from its wide range of handsets, as well as the mobile number of one's choice. On November 16, 2004, Infocomm launched its Get Started Kit (GSK), both for prepaid and postpaid.

The Prepaid and Postpaid GSKs are available at an MRP of Rs 220 and Rs 550 respectively and come with a Get Started Card (GSC), which has a pre-allocated ten digit MDN number, nine-digit unique PIN number and a booklet explaining its use.

The kits can be purchased at Reliance WebWorlds, WebWorld Expresses and POS in the aforesaid c i t i e s . W i t h t h e n e w G S K , s u b s c r i b e r s c a n purchase any Reliance-approved handsets from the open market and get them activated, that too with numbers of their choice. The GSK includes free talk time worth Rs 50. Hitherto, Reliance Infocomm and other CDMA operators have been providing handsets with pre-activated numbers.

“The GSK, which has been indigenously developed at Dhirubhai Ambani Knowledge City in conjunction with various global handset suppliers, offers a great convenience to customers. They can now enjoy the flexibility of buying any Reliance-ready handset in the open market,” said S P Shukla, President for Wireless Products and Services, announcing the global first.

The GSK can be used with any Reliance ready non-provisioned phone. These include the non-provisioned phones in the open market, presently Nokia 3105, or other non-provisioned or de-provisioned second hand phones. The new

product is ideally suited for those who would like to have a number of their choice, those who would like to have local numbers when they move to new cities or towns and those who would like to either sell or gift their old handsets and buy new ones.

fantastic

rim rocks !!

cdma rocks !!