Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Greatest

Prl Editing

Hi gurus,

Well, I have been having this problem/issue since a very very long time. My Office is situated in such a place that it is exactly in between 2 reliance BTS. So every now and then, my phone latches signal of either of the 2 towers, and an area notification pops up.

Now I do not mind having this area notifications, but because of them, the phone lights up all the time, and so my battery goes for a toss... Nowadays its been very annoying, and my phone's battery lasts for only 12-14 hours...

I just got this idea, that if we change certain/some parameters in the PRL file, with which, I would not want the PRL file on my phone to latch onto either one of the towers.. Now as usual this is something out of the blue, and I have no idea how to access/change/modify information on the PRL file...

If anyone has ever used this method, or know any other method, or if anyone can use my method above and search for something useful, it would really be appreciable for me and I am sure there would be many people in this forum also who would be facing this issue.

I am sure, I would be getting some information on this peculiar problem of mine...

Some gurus even suggested me of a better idea... They suggested me to shift my Office.. lolz...

Pour in your views people...

Cheers.. :)

Kindly hook your phone to QPST.

Go to the Features/Alerts tab, Uncheck the service area alert.

That should solve the issue :)

Edited by SumitVerma

Had Words with him.

He tells its already unchecked. Can we have some other alternate?

Prl is roaming list and has nothing to do with tower priority it prioritize networks . If you are sure you are sitting in intersection of two bts then using sort of patch panel antenna may help. BTW I am not happy with battery life of hero. Mine too last 14 hours odd if data is on continuously.

In windows mobile, I can tell you that it was ROM specific

^

Its his Hero!

@kshah,

patch panel antenna may help

Could you please xplain, or any google webpage of what it might be and how to make/procure/install it?

also @kshah, I have bought an aftermarket 2000mAH battery and im using that only... but even in that my battery lasts only for 14-16 hrs, WITHOUT the data ON... so you can understand how must the bts problem be affecting me...