Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
raghugs

Is There A Good Omh Clamshell Phone Under 5K?

Hello Everybody

I am planning to buy a mobile phone for my mom.

Flip Phones/Clamshell phones looks really nice.

So can anybody suggest a good OMH Clamshell Phone under 5k?

Please don't suggest mobile phones that doesn't have warranty in India.

Dual Display preferred.

OMH clamshell phone is not available in India. If you are interested in network locked nonRUIM tata indicom phone, you can choose Motorola MOTORAZR V3c for Rs 4999 with free Motorola Bluetooth headset, Data cable and Software CD. For Qualcomm recommended OMH handsets please visit http://www.qualcomm.co.uk/products_services/chipsets/omh.html

OMH clamshell phone is not available in India. If you are interested in network locked nonRUIM tata indicom phone, you can choose Motorola MOTORAZR V3c for Rs 4999 with free Motorola Bluetooth headset, Data cable and Software CD. For Qualcomm recommended OMH handsets please visit http://www.qualcomm.co.uk/products_services/chipsets/omh.html

Actually i am looking for a mobile phone for Tata Indicom network it self.

But it appears that Motorola RAZR V3c to be very old handset and i dunno the service quality of Motorola these days.

Also i heard lot of negative comments about the handset.

But feature-wise, it looks good.

Edited by raghugs

Moto RAZR v3c is available in market from 4K to 6K

• Like 1

Pls check the V3c reviews before buying. I think someone on forum was selling Nokia CDMA flipphones in your range, try searching the Bazaar forums.

Pls check the V3c reviews before buying. I think someone on forum was selling Nokia CDMA flipphones in your range, try searching the Bazaar forums.

Yup, i heard lot of negative comments about the mobile phone.

Moreover Nokia handsets are waste, one of the senior member in this forum didn't recommend Nokia.

If you can satisfy with a slider phone, you can choose maxx gc735. It is not an OMH phone but all CDMA UIM will work. http://www.maxxmobile.in/Maxx/Products2.aspx?idProduct=41

I am selling Samsung Flo to get a new phone.

Samsung Flo it self a slider phone.

So, No.

You are looking for warranty pieces, else I can recommend Samsung Juke from Sadikk :) My review is coming next week. You won't get an official warranty, but the handset is very sturdy and people all over the world have good reviews about its taking abuse.

• Like 1

You are looking for warranty pieces, else I can recommend Samsung Juke from Sadikk :) My review is coming next week. You won't get an official warranty, but the handset is very sturdy and people all over the world have good reviews about its taking abuse.

Even i was interested in buying Samsung Smooth mobile phone.

It was very nice.

But i am afraid that i the future, i may get network registration issue in Tata Indicom.

^

That aint gonna happen as Tata is already using A-key as confirmed by Hitesh bhai and Mufaddal sir!

You could go ahead buying it!

I have around 7 Tata connections and all phones are from Sadikk bhai and no issues as of now and I am damn sure wont happen in Future aswell.

Tata will continue accepting foreign ESN's.

Contact me for any issues faced in Tata!

Hope that helps!

^

That aint gonna happen as Tata is already using A-key as confirmed by Hitesh bhai and Mufaddal sir!

You could go ahead buying it!

I have around 7 Tata connections and all phones are from Sadikk bhai and no issues as of now and I am damn sure wont happen in Future aswell.

Tata will continue accepting foreign ESN's.

Contact me for any issues faced in Tata!

Hope that helps!

Hi Sumit

Thank you for your detailed reply.

The reasoning for my hesitation is this http://www.tatateleservices.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26797

But i am trusting you.

Moreover can you give me link to the thread where i can see the list of Handsets sold by Sadikk bhai

Follow This Link For Sadikk bhai's latest offerings. In future please look at the buy/sell bazaar and Sadikk's world for the list of handsets available for sale.

Please check your PM for the Samsung Smooth Activation!

• Like 1

@raghugs

the issue u read is of meid , and its nothing knew , we already know it

tata has issues accepting meid

they readily accept esn

( the guy who is complaining in forum doesnt know that its meid and not esn )

so bottomline , phone has to programmed for it

Anybody know what type of connector present in Samsung Smooth?

Is it proprietary as Samsung Flo?

But the guys problem got solved by the TATA

nice to see tata having his forum for customer solution

Edited by parin