Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
::Hitesh::

Windows 8 To Focus On Faster Boot Times, Logins

Microsoft is looking to Apple for some inspiration on the user experience.

Windows 7 is the here and now, and we're liking it. If you ask Microsoft about what's next, it'll say that Windows 7 SP1 is will be the next step, it's happening later this year. But what we really want to know about is what the real next step is, and that's Windows 8.

Leaked onto the internet and now spread through many news sites is a presentation deck on Windows 8. Microsoft Kitchen successfully nabbed most of them and are now keeping them online for all to see. The information contained is mostly high-level and conceptual, likely dating back to even before Windows 7's retail release – but it's still very interesting to see what Microsoft's goals and inspirations are for Windows 8.

One that might irk the fanboy base is that Microsoft is taking a page from Apple in how the Mac maker is able to keep its customers so loyal and satisfied.

windows-8-presentation,C-5-253157-13.pngloupe.gifZoom

Another big goal for Windows 8 is instant-on, cutting down on the wait between powering on and the user being able to access the information or functionality that he or she is waiting for. This includes both faster boot times and faster resume from sleep.

windows-8-presentation,C-T-253181-13.pngloupe.gifZoom

One method to speed up boot time is to move from a traditional shutdown state to a logoff + hibernate. Microsoft wants this to feel like a regular shutdown, but it uses hibernation methods to cache most of the core system, such as drivers and system services. Microsoft estimates that this could cut boot times in half.

windows-8-presentation,C-Q-253178-13.pngloupe.gifZoom

windows-8-presentation,C-R-253179-13.pngloupe.gifZoom

windows-8-presentation,C-S-253180-13.pngloupe.gifZoom

The login process will be simplified too, especially for those who aren't fond of using passwords to get into Windows. If there is a webcam present, the system will use that in conjunction with facial recognition software to log the user in without a password.

windows-8-presentation,C-P-253177-13.pngloupe.gifZoom

Another new development (which we assume won't be used in conjunction with the facial login) is user accounts being stored in the cloud. This could potentially mean that a user's bookmarks and Windows settings could be stored remotely at Microsoft and could be consistent even on other people's computers. Right now the data demands would be too high to have all user data stored in the cloud, but this could be the first step in Microsoft's desire to make Windows more user-centric and less machine-centric.

This is good news, but what will matter is the memory and other hardware requirements for the same.

Windows 7 is really the best from microsoft

hope it does more better with Windows 8

Edited by parin

see after win 3.1 , win 95 was not so good

then after win 98, win ME was not good

then after win XP , Win vista was not good

Now We hope after Win 7, win 8 comes out good :Sorprendido:

Sequence Accha Hai

1yr good

1yr Bad

I still think something like Lindows is what we need. This for those who may not be aware was project to put a Windows front end on Linux internals.

Using Ubuntu 10.04 its awesome and once you get the hang of it you wont go back to windows.

see after win 3.1 , win 95 was not so good

then after win 98, win ME was not good

then after win XP , Win vista was not good

Now We hope after Win 7, win 8 comes out good :Sorprendido:

I agree with you Dude.... :winko:

Yes Linux is great but not all applications are on Linux. Over 90% of the world is on WIndoze and we just cannot wish it away. This is why Lindows like stuff attracts me - Linux stability on Windows.

From where this "7" or "8" number is added in Windows 7

DO you know first windows (commercial) was 3.11

Then Win NT 4 was there

Then Win NT 5 (Which was win 2000)

Then win 5.1 ( Which was win XP)

Then Win 6 (Which was Win Vista)

So after this they did not get good name so they started calling Win 7 and Win 8 etc....

I still have a system nearly dead with 1 GB of hard disk and windows 3.11. :rofl_200:

^^^

Still have DOS 6 / Win 3.11 and office ver 1 working system.  :Chulo:

guess what ... now i'm suddenly missing my modi olivetti 80286 now :P

I still have a system nearly dead with 1 GB of hard disk and windows 3.11. :rofl_200:

Then put that item in GIVE AWAY FREE item Thread