Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
chandannasta

Passport Guy Ran Away with Documentation and money

Guys need your suggestions or help in this. I just wanted to make a passport so I was on yahoo chat and came across a lady who stays near my area as she mentioned on the yahoo chat. So I spoke to her and she told me that she charges 1700 rupees for the fresh normal passport so I said her ok. And she told she would send her man to my place.

Her man came on the very same day and took 1700 rupees and also my mom told me when that old man that she wants a pan card so he took 100 rs for her also. Now he took all the xerox copies of my documents and he told I will be back next week. My mom's pan card came in 1 week. But from past 3 & 1/2 weeks I have been calling him and he says that he is unable to submit the passport form online.

On the 3rd week I even abused him on the phone and he just hanged the phone and also said do whatever you can. Now he does not even pick up my phone. He stays in Chembur and I stay in sion. The receipt which he has provided me has his chembur address. Its like a normal rent receipt. He has written his address with his own hands in front of me and the amount that's all.

Now I am just worried about my documents so that he does not misuse it. What should I do guys? Should I go to his place or first go and complain at police station? My mom says leave it but I cannot. My mom says ppl in this business may be more powerful. I don think so. I just need my documents and my money back anyhow.

So guys let me know what steps should I take ahead. I have the old guys cell contact number as well as the address. One more thing I wanted to say after that day onwards that lady whom I spoke to never replied anytime on yahoo even after I pinged her 10000 times about this entire situation. I have her email address also.

She just replied to me on 1st day via email about the money. So I have saved her email. Guys if any 1 of you staying in Mumbai near Chembur area let me know so that I can give you his address so that you can do some enquiry about it. Also I have that guys email cell number and the PCO contact number that he calls up everytime from.

Guys let me know please asap.

Why can't you download the form online and submit it to the passport office yourself?

Giving copies of documents like ID cards etc. to someone you don't know very well is a very bad idea. Just visit the place of that agent and take your documents as well as money back.

Ditto.

I am afraid, but it is not possible to do anything in this situation. You should have asked for his/her business identity (visiting card) before doing such a transaction.. Anyhow, I think it is now just better to pray to God that the guy does not misuse your documents,because in a city like Mumbai, it would be very hard to nail down culprits of such nominal 'crime'...

But I must say Chandan... you always fall into unique problems... better do reliability checks/take feedback before handing your precious money...

AFAIU, What u r looking out at is to get the photocopies of ur documents back (not the originals, right?)

Even if u get those back, how can u b sure that it won't b misused?

It can always b if he wants.... Not a big deal 4 him to get 100 photocopies of ur documents.

Secondly, police will help u when u r ethically correct. Here in this case u don't seem to b.... Police could have helped u if u would have been dealing with a registered agent.

What u should look forward is mainly to get ur money back, which u can only get by visiting that lady's place....

AFAIU, What u r looking out at is to get the photocopies of ur documents back (not the originals, right?)

Even if u get those back, how can u b sure that it won't b misused?

It can always b if he wants.... Not a big deal 4 him to get 100 photocopies of ur documents.

Secondly, police will help u when u r ethically correct. Here in this case u don't seem to b.... Police could have helped u if u would have been dealing with a registered agent.

What u should look forward is mainly to get ur money back, which u can only get by visiting that lady's place....

Yes I have just given him the xerox copies. I just want my xerox copies and my photos and my 1700 rs back from him. I will try to visit at his place and see what he says. If he does not agree then I will submit his receipt to the local police station.

^^^ Golden advice - leave everything pay attention to your work - you will recover it, a person who can run with 1700 will not give u back.

follow legal procedure if you have all time in world.

:previous:

I think Genius is right

Guys I just received my full money back along with pictures and documents today right now early morning at 10:00 am after I told him that cops will come 2day at his home along with search warrant and check how many clients has he duped more.

I am just posting his ad over here what that lady was posting in yahoo chat rooms so that you all don get cheated. Check this out: kavitadodeja@ymail.com (6/9/2010 8:50:38 AM): f 50, kurla east, nehru nagar, housewife seeking consultancy work.. if you need any documentary work to be done such as Passport, driving licence, ration card, pan card, caste/marriage certificate, property card, etc tell me I shall get it done for you... I also offer as Lunch/Dinner vegetarian and non vegetarian to companies, executives everyday between sion and ghatkopar...anyone wanting to have home made food regularly can order.at Rs.50/- per person...specific requests only... No personal chat, no buzz, no samples or free packets, etc...

Now she told I will send my man. So the man who came was Suresh Muthreja and he took my money on 8/06/2010 and 1 month has passed today and another guy Hiralal Sukhani came to give the money. I think its a very big Sindhi network operating this.

Guys this is their contact number 9619546860 so beware whenever you deal with any of these. i just want you all to be cautious. Inform you family friends, neighbours and every 1 when they deal in any such kinda thing with any agent.

Thanks to you all for all your support.

good to know that you got the money & your dox back..

Good to know you got your money back, chandannasta. Make sure you take enough protection next time onwards!

but how can you trust someone for legal documents like passport on the net.. you should have approached any travel agent, they wouold have helped. forget money, what about your identity.

PAN card application can be done easily online. you just need to send papers to the address they provide. simple. no need to pay anybody.. same is case for passport. download form, submit to passport authority and done.

I m just curious... u have enough time to yahoo chat... you have enuff time to post your problems here..

you dont have 10 mins to fill a passport form online

phew man ... :unexp: :unexp: :unexp: finally u got ur money & all documents back . And also thanks for sharing all info here also ,so that we can also be aware of such scams ..... :)

beware man !!

i know a similar case ..

they opened new bank accounts with my friends documents and even took sum sim cars . and friend had to be in lot lot lot of trouble later ...

even though they gave ya documents back they can easily photocopy them and use them ..your photo could have been scanned ans print out could have been taken .. pls beware friend ..

world is very bad !