Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
raghugs

Samsung Metro Tv Connectivity Problems In New Pc Studio Over Bluetooth

Hello Everybody

I don't wanted to Go-Off-topic and spoil Avishekgosh's Samsung Metro TV review thread.

That is why i am starting a new topic to discuss about the problem i am facing right now.

I would use my Nokia 6303 mobile phone heavily with the Nokia OVI Suite over Bluetooth.

So i wanted to try the same in Samsung Metro TV with the Samsung NPS (New PC-Studio).

When i tried to connect the mobile phone with NPS, i am getting two kind of error messages.

1. "Failed to open the device" error is received while trying to directly connect to the Mobile Phone.
  2. "Failed to change mode" error is received when configure the NPS manually and choose the Bluetooth as connection type and choose the port.

I have already selected "PC Studio" as default connection type in PC-Connections menu in the mobile phone.

I have restarted the mobile phone couple of times and that doesn't improve the situation.

When i browsed the available Bluetooth services in the Mobile phone using Windows Vista, it shows just "Dial-up Networking" service.

I have Broadcom Bluetooth stack is installed in my Laptop.

File transfer over Bluetooth from Windows Explorer is working perfectly.

Only solution i haven't yet tried is updating NPS to 1.5, the version i have installed is 1.4.1.

I will try that solution soon and update this topic.

Update :

Even after updating the Samsung NPD to 1.5.1, the problem is still there.

I am very disappointed about Samsung Metro TV regarding this issue.

Now trying to contact Samsung Mobile Phone customer care.

check if you have to configure com port. and also check all services are enabled. Try disabling nokia pc suite and don't let it monitor any port / hardware. SOme how new PC studio from samsung is almost clone of nokia pc suite including driver names.

check if you have to configure com port. and also check all services are enabled. Try disabling nokia pc suite and don't let it monitor any port / hardware. SOme how new PC studio from samsung is almost clone of nokia pc suite including driver names.

@ kshah

Thank you for your suggestions.

I have already tried specific the Samsung mobile phone's Bluetooth Modem port to which Samsung New-PC-Studio to connect.

Nokia PC Suite was not starting up with Windows.

But there are some Nokia services being started automatically without my consent.

But that appears to be not the issue in my case.

The Samsung Metro TV unfortunately doesn't appear to expose the PC-Studio mode via Bluetooth.

The mobile phone doesn't allow me to select what Bluetooth services to be enabled.

I have called up the Samsung customer care and reported this issue, they says that "connect with Samsung NPS only via USB cable."

Edited by raghugs

why dont you try installing samsung studio on a different computer which is clean of any nokia software. it is not necesary that the problem is with samsung studio it could be with your pc too. If you can check on other pc it would be best but if you can not do so then in order to help i would like to know the your operating system and list of programs that you have installed on your pc.

Thank you for trying to help me out in this issue.

I also really appreciate your confidence on Samsung Mobile phones.

The problem appears to be related to Samsung Mobile phone it self, instead of my Laptop.

I can try uninstalling Nokia OVI Suite and shall try reinstalling Samsung NPS and try connecting to the mobile phone.

I have a laptop running Windows Vista SP2 32-bit, Microsoft Bluetooth stack, usual array of other softwares along with Reliance Netconnect.

I will try installing Broadcom Bluetooth Stack now.

Edited by raghugs

yes try uninstalling nokia suite and then install NPS see if it solves the problem. If the problem is with mobile phone itself as you are suggesting then you should take your phone to service center and get it checked. you can also ask other people who have bought this phone to check if they can.

Actually i forgot to update this topic with the conversation i had with Samsung Customer Care (Not Samsung Service Center)

They initially asked my Laptop's Bluetooth version, i said my Laptop's Bluetooth version is 2.1 .

Then they admitted that the Mobile phone won't connect with the Samsung PC Studio over Bluetooth.

One more update is, i was having "Generic Bluetooth Radio" and "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator" in Device Manager.

I have updated the Bluetooth driver with Broadcom Bluetooth stack as i know my Laptop's Bluetooth Radio is manufactured by Broadcom.

After updating the driver, my Laptop detected all the services offered by the Samsung mobile phone and installed appropriate drivers for it.

Before that the Laptop only detected the "Dial-up Networking" service from the mobile phone.

But even after this improvement, the situation is still same with the Samsung NPS.

As per your suggestion, even i was planning to request some existing Samsung Metro TV users in this forum to check that functionality.