hi

Epic browser!!

Meet Epic.

Your New Best Friend.

the first-ever web browser for India

the world's only antivirus browser

Built on the latest Mozilla Firefox.

Type in Indian Languages.Easily. EveryWhere

Sidebar Applications. 1500+ Apps. All Free.

Have more fun. Be more productive. Or both.

Bangalore based startup Hidden Reflex has announced the launch of its browser "Epic", which aims at making Indians all over the world proud.

Epic, which also happens to be the first entirely Indian made web browser, is based on the Mozilla platform and comes with quite a bunch of India centric features. We did take it for a short spin and we came out quite happy with it. Before we look at the details, let's look at details about Hidden Reflex, the company behind the browser.

The company was founded by the then U.S. based Engineer Alok Bhardwaj in 2007. However, the company is currently based in Bangalore. They initially had a team of three members and have now grown to quite a bunch of people who are working on two separate products. The first one, Epic, has already been launched. The other one is still in the making.

112290_epicbrowser1.jpg

Let's get back to the Epic browser now. After you install it, the first thing you notice is the bright colours of the browser. Epic is highly customizable and initially comes with a "Peacock" background that isn't too easy on the eyes. Of course you can change your background with any of the zillion ones provided by the browser or choose one of your own. Even at the launch, there are over 1,500 themes available and compatible with Epic. The browser has a host of applications on its sidebar from where you can launch them. These include Twitter, Facebook, and other similar services. Clicking on any of these icons will launch a widget like window on the side of the browser. The bad thing about this is that you can only open one such widget per window.

Epic also comes with anti-virus protection built-in - a first for any browser. It also supports a long list of Indian languages (currently 12) and an India content sidebar that aggregates news headlines, TV to live cricket commentary and other things that matters to us Indians. It also features a bunch of productivity applications that include a free word processor, video sidebar and my Computer Browser.

The Epic browser is now available for download from here. ----

link Epicbrowser

• Like 1

Proud to be Indian.

Downloading it nice find.

while PRE scanning was going on, gave try to this browser

Really wanted to test becoz build on Mozilla same as FF.

file size is  10.7MB 

Browser looks where OK, 

Still testing it for different scrips and different pages. will post the results soon....

I didnt like it - not of my taste, has tried to include everything and messy interface, shall stick to F Fox

Its not a complete indian product though, the interface is indian made

else its just a mozilla +addons

looks good..

pl post review guys... is it better than Google Chrome?

need to try it

heard 1st time

downloading now....

Well the better thing than Chrome will be that it will not store our data on any 3rd party servers ... well since it is based on mozilla all Ffox features will run ... It is surely worth a try !!!

Well the better thing than Chrome will be that it will not store our data on any 3rd party servers ... well since it is based on mozilla all Ffox features will run ... It is surely worth a try !!!

sounds good, will try installing tonight..

at present using google chrome.. what happens sometime is when i minimize the browser it doesn't restore & i end up closing the browser.. :-(

used for 1hr and then started disliking it, it looks like browsing in a frame due to extra buttons on side,

its same FF with some new skin and add on

came back to FF and opera !! 

I found EPIC pretty good and useful. Although Opera is still my favourite. But am using EPIC from the last 3 days. :)

Epic Browser Updated to Version 1.1

EPIC VERSION 1.1 UPDATE:

Summary of Major Changes

* 3.6.7. Epic is now updated to Mozilla Firefox 3.6.7.

* Faster Load Time. Epic should start up even faster now.

* Anti-Virus Scanner. A number

of tweaks were made to make the anti-virus scanner more stable.

* Games. The Games sidebar

now works.

* Home Button. You can now add a Home Button to Epic via the “View” drop-down menu.

* Bookmarks Bar (permanency

and color on dark themes). We fixed the bug in which the bookmarks bar was being

hidden upon closing Epic

despite a setting to the contrary. We’ve also fixed

the bookmark bar text color problem with dark themes.

* Cricket. Cricinfo has been

added as a source of commentary and live scores.

* Recent Skins. Epic now stores the ten skins you’ve used most recently.

* Offline handling of Skins. Skins will still show up if you’re browsing offline.

* Sidebar in Epic Popups Fixed. The sidebar is no longer seen

in Epic Popups.

* Address Bar Flickering. Problems with address bar flickering have now been

solved.

* Added Crash Protection.

* Wordpress Interaction with

Indic Transliteration. You can now safely create blog posts

at WordPress without

problems from Epic or the in-built Indic language tool.

* To Ensure Maximum Stability, please download the latest version of the Flash Player

here (be sure to un-check the McAfee Security Scan Plus if

you don’t require it).

DOWNLOAD---EPIC BROWSER

Edited by kk999

It s the same firefox but with an indian skin.

Why cant we build something from scratch and start a revolution. In fact i am not even using firefox on my dell netbook even when i have 1gb of ram cause it feels slower than chrome..

Is anyone experiencing crashes in FF? I am fed up with crashes which are occuring regularly on my FF. I am totally familiar with Firefox and don't want to use any other browser. Please help.

^

No crashes in FF what so ever... am on v3.6.8

Even i am using FF, No crashes:Equivocado:

i believe this is the best browser, no need to try anything else than Firefox :Chulo::lol2:

Is anyone experiencing crashes in FF? I am fed up with crashes which are occuring regularly on my FF. I am totally familiar with Firefox and don't want to use any other browser. Please help.

The crashes are due to in compatibility of some of the add ons installed for rg. As soon as o disabled all the add ons the crashes stopped. then i tried to see if there were any conflicting add ons and also updated to the latest version.

After update, FFox itself disabled IDM but that i enabled manually, now the crashes have stopped.

It must have been because of the conflicting add ons.

No crashes on Firefox for me too. Even not a single crash on Opera also.Opera is my favourite. :)