Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
merryderry

Any Gamers Using Rconnect?

i just got rconnect and was planning on using it for online gaming... but i started getting pings of 11000ms. i looked over the dormancy thread, tried pinging and the app posted by deepu... nothing works :( the pings come down to 5000ms, but thats far from playable.

any ideas? mayb i'll just have to go back to *sigh* surfing the net...

Sounds Funny.How can one use a slow connection like rconnect for gaming .?

glad you find my pain funny :( lol j/k i cld actually play with my mtnl dial up @ speeds of 3-4 KBps. i get better speeds on reliance of 6-7 KBps but it the lag that is the problem...

The problem with rconnect is that the speed is not a consistant one... At one sec it will give you 12 KBps and the very next sec it will drop to zero..

I do not know whether there is any solution for this. my ping application will only help to avoid dormancy...

The problem with rconnect is that the speed is not a consistant one... At one sec it will give you 12 KBps and the very next sec it will drop to zero..

I do not know whether there is any solution for this.  my ping application will only help to avoid dormancy...

23177[/snapback]

You are right. The RConnect speed is well above suitable for gaming wether it is NFS, or my favourite AOE :( .

But if some data is not exchanged for few seconds, the phone drops the connection with the server, ( not windows). This causes lag when data exchange is recontinued.

My solution would be to always have something downloading in the background. However this may cause the drop in bandwidth available to gaming :D

I play AOK too, and reliance wll service has really disappointed me in this area. The reliance service is very good for surfing but not for gaming. Prior to it I used normal BSNL dial up and got better gaming experience. With BSNL i had a suitable stable ping, which was perfect for AOK but with reliance it has worsened. May be some day - We will get good broadband with no ping and latency things to worry :P

it all depends on the routing of ur ISP.

did u try gaming with guys of same isp?

23243[/snapback]

yes, but i dont think isps in india even know the meaning of the word 'latency'. usually isps go out of their way to identify game traffic and route it efficiently. but not in india, as yet. we will get there one day though!!

man ive waited so long... heres to something faster than 'bored'band :P

***where else in the world did kids boast about their 8 KBps "broadband" connecn... in 2004 ????***

lol, these days , really rconnect sux.

i used to play AOE, AOK AOM , NFS etc on RCONNECT, always pinging yahoo.com

like ping www.yahoo.com -t

used to get good ping around 120ms-200ms , also , ive noticed that pinging yahoo.co.in increases ping.

but lately, rconnect has become too lagful, yesterday , i used rconnect to play NFS and got pings of over 800ms, guess too many ppl online.

lol, these days , really rconnect sux.

i used to play AOE, AOK AOM , NFS etc on RCONNECT, always pinging yahoo.com

like ping www.yahoo.com -t

used to get good ping around 120ms-200ms , also , ive noticed that pinging yahoo.co.in increases ping.

but lately, rconnect has become too lagful, yesterday , i used rconnect to play NFS and got pings of over 800ms, guess too many ppl online.

23272[/snapback]

It s**ks only on gaming. While surfing pages or downloading, I constantly get 8-10 KB/sec.