Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

hello ashish

well, i did read your forum saying that nokia 6255 is a so so phone.i am using the phone and trust me, till date, reliance has come out with the excellent phone and no other phones should be in the market for atleast 2-3 years......good battery life,excellent bluetooth connectivity with usb and headset. memory card slot which goes upto 1.gb. m3 player, aac player, fm radio,what else you want....its a damn good phone...any queries, call me on 9324788668 thanks n regards, u1s2a3

Hey guys,

Just visited the WW in Mumbai today , I was told the MRP as 13400.

They said the its out of stock and new stock will be available in 2 days.

I told them that the Nokia CC said its price is 12600 but they wouldnt agree.

I saw a demo piece, they had just that not a working one.

A first look it didnt seem all that great to me.

Looked quite big too and the screen appeared small as compared to its size.

Now i will have to rethink if I am going to get this one.

The WW people had no idea abt 6265.

Wats ur take guys, should we go for this one or wait for a new and better one to come.

Thanks

Ashish

36797[/snapback]

Here are the pics taken from 6255

The pic with rainbow was shot when it was raining so its bit hazy

The other one was shot at 6.30PM

36808[/snapback]

GREAT QUALITY

hey thx u1s2a3 for ur inputs.

Can anyone pls answer the following queries...

1) What is the sms storage,mp3 storage capacity.

2) How many minutes of video can be recorded with the default memory card it comes with, and how much if I expand it to 256MB.

3) Are there any better CDMA models in the pipeline (may be any RIM or nokia insider may tell us this)

4) What does unprovisioned handset mean

5) Is the full functionality of R world available.

6) Can any mumbaite tell me where is the best deal I can get on this

Thanks a lot

Ashish

visit ALFA stores at vile parle (w), they offer best deal in phones with bill and warranty... i normally make purchases from them only.... below is their phone number... try calling them for prices and address.

tel: 2671 9696

Edited by dda

can some one mention the actual battery life exerience?

hi, you want to know the details on battery of nokia 6255. well, let me be honest to you, the battery is excellent comparing to all other cdma phones and all nokia gsm phonessss. yes..i repeat all nokia gsm phones.....2.5 days talk time, 5 days standby time....i am happy with the phone, i repeat again, the best phone reliance has ever come out.......any questions, pl call on 9324788668 (mumbai) regards....u1s2a3

can some one mention the actual battery life exerience?

36918[/snapback]

hi, you want to know the details on battery of nokia 6255. well, let me be honest to you, the battery is excellent comparing to all other cdma phones and all nokia gsm phonessss. yes..i repeat all nokia gsm phones.....2.5 days talk time, 5 days standby time....i am happy with the phone, i repeat again, the best phone reliance has ever come out.......any questions, pl call on 9324788668 (mumbai)  regards....u1s2a3

36920[/snapback]

you mean 2.5 HOURS talk time.. "2.5 days" haha

Hey guys,

Just visited the WW in Mumbai today , I was told the MRP as 13400.

A first look it didnt seem all that great to me.

Looked quite big too and the screen appeared small as compared to its size.

36797[/snapback]

I saw the handset yesterday. Actually a demo piece. An frankly, I was disappointed. The phone may have THE greatest features ever in Reliance phones, but it is way tooooo bulky. My God, when I compared it to my little LG slim ( for size only, and not for any features), it seemed so big. I was very disappointed, really. If at all that phone would be even as LG6000, it would've 1 more customer. But I just can't prepare myself for such a brick with me, when I am climbing in train, running to catch bus, or for that matter, even walking on street with that handset in my pocket. My LG slim doesn't show itself even when kept in shirt's pocket. I am sure for hiding, or neatly keeping the 6255 in your pockets, only suits will help you.

Don't get me wrong, I know this phone is the best in services. Even I've waited it for so many months. But it miserably fails in size. If at all you are of the type who can keep their phone in their hands all day, then only it will suit you. If at all you are a regular type of user, then you are going to feel the weight each time.

I am really sad. The 6255's 125grams were acceptable, had it not been that HUGE size. Even LG6000 is 110grams, it's quite sleek. I hope some day, Nokia will launch the 2255 flip phone (80grams) in India.

Edited by Chirag

Yes you can.. games and Applications...Just copy and paste, Very very easy and user friendly software.Try the Demo version, You would get the idia. Till now I have installed around 50 games in it and all of them works great. I was also pissed of when I tried Nokia PC suite and in Application intaller the phone was not recognised, But thanks to MobiMB 2.5.2. I only hope Nokia update their PC suite and correct the problem.

36751[/snapback]

Hi Mukul,

Can you tell me where i can find applications / games for 6255??

R2M

I saw the handse yesterday. Actually a demo piece. An frankly, I was disappointed. The phone may have THE greatest features ever in Reliance phones, but it is way tooooo bulky. My God, when I compared it to my little LG slim ( for size only, and not for any features), it seemed so big. I was very disappointed, really. ..........................

I am really sad. The 6255's 125grams were acceptable, had it not been that HUGE size. Even LG6000 is 110grams, it's quite sleek. I hope some day, Nokia will launch the 2255 flip phone (80grams) in India.

I too agree that the phone is not so sleek or Really mind blowing when it comes to ergonomics if compared with other nokia phones. I remember i could easily take out my LG moon light phone while driving my bike, talk and put the phone back in my denim jeans with ease (Please don't try this - warning). Also the antenna is silly but i guess its required very much.

To sum it all its a question of features, price, ergonomics etc. 6255 is a fat manly phone (I have had the same opinion like yours about nokia communicator which is as long as a XBOX remote and couldn't believe that ppl were buying it, but once i started using it i got used to it and over a period of time the size was just not an issue). Its a matter of choice and personal opinion which *may* tend to change from time to time ;) from person to person.

my two paisas ;)

Yes you can.. games and Applications...Just copy and paste, Very very easy and user friendly software.

36751[/snapback]

Guys appreciate if you could posts any URLs where we could download the games, apps related to 6255. If i have time i would download the SDK and try writing some apps of my own.

cheers

Can anyone give a pointer towards downloading Mobimb mobile media browser full software from the net. I could only lay my handds on the trial version, and I couldnt install any games/app using the trial version into my 6255. Is the software available with anyone??

Can anybody help??

Guys appreciate if you could posts any URLs where we could download the games, apps related to 6255. If i have time i would download the SDK and try writing some apps of my own.

cheers

36951[/snapback]

I know a few but dnt know will it work or not.

http://midlet.org/index2.jsp

http://java.mob385.com/en/

http://www.zedge.no/

I have a demo of mobiMB V2.6 where can i find crack

i have purchased 6255 and was able to configure r connect through bluetooth....

the speeds are really good on these phone i get the steady speed of 16 kb/s... previously on my lg phone the speeds were not more then 10 kb/s.... this phone is really good...

if any one is having problem configuring the rconnect throiugh bluetooth then pl contact... i may be able to help...

hi...

i just bought the 6255... the phone is totally awesome... :angry: display clarity is very good.. ;) however i am stuck at something... i am unable to send long sms messages... in my previous phone (LG 2330) i could send upto 3 concatenated messages ... however on the 6255 i am not able to send more than 160 characters ;) !!! any idea if there is any setting or configuration that can enable this? cause i have looked in almost all the settings and am still unable to figure it out :blink:

TOday I saw this handset it was bulky.

so this is atleast not for me.

i have purchased 6255 and was able to configure r connect through bluetooth....

the speeds are really good on these phone i get the steady speed of 16 kb/s... previously on my lg phone the speeds were not more then 10 kb/s.... this phone is really good...

if any one is having problem configuring the rconnect throiugh bluetooth then pl contact... i may be able to help...

36987[/snapback]

hello,i was just reading your forum.....well, i am trying to connect r-connect thru bluetooth, unfortunately not able to connect, would sincerely request you to please show me step by step....would really appreciate the same...also would like to know whether rconnect works on win 98se....at home, i am using win 98 se and at office win xp....so please.....if you are from mumbai or maharashtra or goa can give u a calllllll.....regards, u1s2a3

cheers

36951[/snapback]

Hi,

Here's a webiste with huge collection of Symbian games for Nokia..Not sure if this handset support them. Anyway, this website has most of the popular Nokia games, you just name any, u should be able to find that.

http://www.s40nokia.siteburg.com/index1.html

Cheers!

Edited by basant_jp

I have a question for all you new 6255 buyers:

Can you access sites like Yahoo Messenger etc through WAP.