Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
swaroop

All About Nokia 6255

I never had any shut down problem....and it is working great. I recently have bought Nokia HS-4W BlueTooth Headset. It works great with it.

As of now this thread is all a mess... A Newbie would still remain confused!

Anyone of the priviledged :P Nokia 6255 Users wanting to write a "detailed" review about the phone, which can be pinned up in the thread??

I never had any shut down problem....and it is working great. I recently have bought Nokia HS-4W BlueTooth Headset. It works great with it.

37637[/snapback]

Hi! How much did you buy it for? Grey or official? How much talktime do u get? Have you tried, how much distance (far away) does the connection last. Whats the call quality like?

Regards,

Mitul

I live in Delhi and keen to purchase6255. Ca u give me the name & address of the shop 4m where it is available at 12500. thanks

37584[/snapback]

I bot it from reliance webworkd express Jangpura for 12300

yes.. no shutdown problem for me too.. the phone behaves absolutely great.. i am proud to have it... Having used 2112, 6225 I feel the only downside of the phone is that everytime I want to cancel a call, I have to lift the flap up and then cancel but I think this is the general design of clamshell phones and I am new to this design. So coping with it.

Certainly No Regrets at all with 6255. Its worth it.

A single press of one of the external keys (volume/Scroll keys in Samsung) should silent the ringer and two presses should cancel the call. This works in almost all clam-shell phones. Hopefully it works in Nokia too.

not the case with 7230,

not even with GTRAN

can anyone tell, what all things can only be done using data cable?

I mean can one just buy the blue tooth dongle and do away with the data cable?

Hey thanx,

ya i could do it now.. Sorry for posting the query b4 trying this elementary thing.

Btw, this means i cannot receive any content>6.5 mb (ph memory) via bluetooth or IR.... :P

You will have to clear yr phone memory. Move all yr contents(Images/wallpapers/tones) to the MMC Card. This will free up space on the phone and you will be able to accomplish the transfer. or else you will have to use the USB connect feature of the phone to directly place the file into the MMC(using a PC ofcourse).

37504[/snapback]

in my phone there is no shutdown problem

the phone is great with good voice clarity

fastest r connect, nice sync with bluetooth and so on only thing i feel is its weight.but nokia is heavy in all models as compared to LG or samsung in gsm and cdma

so one can go for it

37633[/snapback]

hello.me too enjoying with this gr8 nokia 6255. in your forum it says that you are able to connect r-connect also. unfortunately i am not able to connect to r-connect. would request you to please explain to me step by step the r-connect configuration. i have tried all possible stunts. nothing working....i have win 98se and win xp, please.....can reply to me on my email id u1s2a3@gmail.com thanks, iqbal if possible you can call me on 9324788668 also.thanks n regards.

Ref to the reply of one of my queries... to get the file> 6.5 mb, u need to have the cable....u simply cannot transfer anything greater than ph internal memory mb via bluetooth or IR...so a dongle wont serve the purpose if u r planning to listen to 'The Wall-complete CD track' on ur phone :D

can anyone tell, what all things can only be done using data cable?

I mean can one just buy the blue tooth dongle and do away with the data cable?

37684[/snapback]

:dontknow:

Hey thanx,

ya i could do it now.. Sorry for posting the query b4 trying this elementary thing.

Btw, this means i cannot receive any content>6.5 mb (ph memory) via bluetooth or IR....  :dontknow:

37685[/snapback]

Yes filesize of more than 6.5 may not get transferred thru Bluetooth/IR.

Anyone able to find a crack on this? Transferring thru a PC is a better option for larger files as you can place the files directly into the MMC.

37637[/snapback]

Hi! How much did you buy it for? Grey or official? How much talktime do u get? Have you tried, how much distance (far away) does the connection last. Whats the call quality like?

Regards,

Mitul

37668[/snapback]

HI Mitul,

I bought it for Rs. 3200/- from Gaffar Market. Well it was an imported Original sealed packed Nokia Set. The pack contain Bluetooth Handset and a Manual. It can be charged by any nokia charger. I have a original nokia Car charger so while coming back home I charged it on the way for 10 minutes to check. Pairing was in a jiffy, Voice was great and so did the Mic quality. Battery life last around 3 days for standby, 6&1/2 hrs. for talktime. Earliar I was using the Boom wired Headset So I really wanted this as a Bluetooth Headset replacement. I can listen to MP3 also while walking but NO radio cause you need wired headset to act as an antenna.

I can walk away from the phone for around 11 meters after that the voice cracks. I tested Jabra, Sony erricsson and Krome headsets, This one is the best. At Nokia showroom the same set would cost you Rs.6060/-. Unbelievable.

Edited by Mukul

I find problem with video clip playing on Nokia Multimedia. I download clips via DKU-2 cable. The format of video clips is 3g2. If I want to convert is other format for sending to others for viewing in Windows Multimedia Player, first that clip must run on Nokia Multimedia Player. Can anybody suggest what wrong might be happening in this case?

Regards, Atul Kaji :dontknow:

Has anyone tried the 6255 with higher capacity MMC card? Does a 256/512 MB card work on this?? Can anyone confirm.

Thanks in Advance!

Has anyone tried the 6255 with higher capacity MMC card? Does a 256/512 MB card work on this?? Can anyone confirm.

Thanks in Advance!

37731[/snapback]

hi, yes the higher capacity card does work on nokia 6255 eg, 256/512/1gb all three works, can i ask you something, r u able to connect to rconnect through bluetooth, if you can, pl help me....thanks 2 u also in advance.iqbal

For all u N6255 Guys, the model is listed in the handset list now.. So go ahead and mend ur profiles! :dontknow:

hi, yes the higher capacity card does work on nokia 6255 eg, 256/512/1gb all three works, can i ask you something, r u able to connect to rconnect through bluetooth, if you can, pl help me....thanks 2 u also in advance.iqbal

I think it can help u:

Nokia 6255 And Bluetooth

Thanks in Advance!

37731[/snapback]

Is that what is stopping you from buying it......I have 1 GB of MMC Card. It can support 2 GB too. So go ahead buy the phone and enjoy the MP3 Player. :lol:

Guys,

Facing problem with uploading files >6.5 MB?

Try using Nokia PC Suite 6.6 from

http://www.nokia-asia.com/nokia/0,,78342,00.html

This software has two interfaces for transferring music

1. Access File system which gives you a drive access to the MMC as well as phone

2. Transfer music.

One more thing, you can use flash as a flash light by going to video mode and setting flash on !!!

Hope this helps u all.

Vishnu

(Proud owner of 6255)

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Here are some photos of the phone. Seems to be taken by some user and posted, The page however makes no sense also dont think the color is available in India.

http://cdma.younet.com/bible/files/2005/07/28/314354.shtml

By the way does anyone have any color other thatn blue(brown or balck)?

r u able to connect to rconnect through bluetooth, if you can, pl help me....thanks 2 u also in advance.iqbal

37737[/snapback]

I am not using Bluetooth dongle, I connect rconnect using the DKU-2 Cable.

Is that what is stopping you from buying it......I have 1 GB of MMC Card. It can support 2 GB too. So go ahead buy the phone and enjoy the MP3 Player.    :lol:

37750[/snapback]

Thanks for confirming me. I am already a proud owner of the phone, but wanted to go for a higher capacity MMC. Now that you have confirmed, thers no stopping to buying one. BTW, any idea of the prices of the MMC card? some one quoted 256MB - Rs 1000/- 512MB - Rs. 1800/- in Bangalore. Hows the prices in Delhi?

Edited by saikatmandal

I'm eagerly awaiting for the response to my previous query on video clips.

Can anybody confirm?

Whether he could play downloaded video clip on Nokia Multimedia Player?

To my opinion, to convert clip with .3G2 extension, first I've to play on Nokia Multimedia Player and use "save as" option to change the format to .avi or others.

Pl. suggest if other alternates are possible.

Regards,

Is it 16 or 24 poly?

Also can the memory be used to store anything?

I mean can we have e books on this phone?

Edited by tanveer

BTW, any idea of the prices of the MMC card? some one quoted 256MB - Rs 1000/- 512MB - Rs. 1800/- in Bangalore. Hows the prices in Delhi?

37791[/snapback]

I bought My 1GB MMC Card for Rs. 3200/- From Nehru Place New Delhi. :lol:

I'm eagerly awaiting for the response to my previous query on video clips.

Can anybody confirm?

Whether he could play downloaded video clip on Nokia Multimedia Player?

Pl. suggest if other alternates are possible.

37808[/snapback]

Download This software (ImTOO 3GP Video Converter).