Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Alok

All about LG 6130 - Camera Phone

Dear Chirag,

Today evening and just now I could access MMS portal, and sent wallpaper and ringtone to my cell, but the same problem. I got alert on my cell, but while downloading Error came as R-World not ready. I am tired looking at this message now. :(

The wallpaper I sent is attached below for reference. The size is very small. Let me tell you how I downloaded the same, so in case I am doing any mistake you can prompt me, as you successfully downloading the same.

After registration I go to Compose Message. I browse the ringtone or wallpaper to the location in my local harddisk. (even I tried upload the same in Media gallery) I click on to add slide and so wallpaper appears in preview. After that I click on address and send menu and send the same to my number – 919377605589@rmms.ricmail.com but the problem is same error message after MMS receipt alert.

Please help me to down load ringtone and wall paper. ;)

One more thing to add – I could find the appropriate cover. Try LG 2230 cover, it’s perfectly match with 6130. :P

In thread Software upgrade for LG6000/6130, Version 18 is latest - you mentioned that version 18 is latest. Mine is still 15 and as said earlier ASC in Surat and on *333 they said 15 is latest. Pls. let me know what the version of your handset. If 18, from where you got it.???? :help:

snowy.bmp

Edited by Jatin

hey buddy, i think the address to be used is 9193********@mms.ricmail.com

there is no nedd for r in there!

working for me now as well!

Edited by tanveer

Dear Tanveer,

Yu Hooooooooooooooo,

You made my day. Thanks a lot. First time after a lot of efforts now I could receive first MMS I sent from that portal has come to my mobile.

Thanks Thanks, ;):P

Actually in the thread of MMS to 6130 I read that the correct address is rmms and not mms, but thanks a lot for your suggestions.

I tried sending .dat file (ringtone) but this portal doesn't allow that extension file. But I could successfully send .mid file alongwith even wallpaper both together.

So "r" was the problem here.

Actually, I always send the mms simply to 9193xxx… without adding @mms.ricmail.com and it always works fine for me. Do try it yourself.

Yeh Jatin,

Those @rmms or @mms was required while sending from Email Accounts and not from the MMS Portal.

While sending from the MMS Portal jus type 9193xxxxxxxxx for the Address... Nothing more than that reqd.

Hello friends,

I use a LG 6130 Prepaid. As somebody told me, I had sent a wav file as attachment from my e-mail account to my number 919343572680@mms.ricmail.com . It worked. But after that, i have not been able to send any mid or wav file to my set, even though I tried a number of times in the same method. When I called the CC, I was told that the facility is no longer provided by Reliance. Please tell me what to do.

I had purchased a data cable from a local shop, which I use for R-Connect. But I did not get any software for transferrring ring tones from pc to phone.

Pls advice me as to what software can i use for my lg set and where it is available.

Thanx

Use phone number of any Postpaid RIM for logging in the MMS portal and send sound/pix to your phone no.

This should work for your prepaid RIM.

Well actually, you do not need to register with a pospaid number only, even prepaid users can register with Relianceinfo.com and use the services, though you will not have any bills to view online......just to clear out so that prepaid users dont waste their time in searching for a postpaid number to register.. :clap:

Yeh Jatin,

Those @rmms or @mms was required while sending from Email Accounts and not from the MMS Portal.

While sending from the MMS Portal jus type 9193xxxxxxxxx for the Address... Nothing more than that reqd.

36737[/snapback]

Thanks Chirag, :)

I could send any tone or pix today, as every time it was showing error. I could attach the file, but when click on Add Slide message comes - An internal error has occurred. The operation could not be completed.

Is this because of again rain in Mumbai?? :cheer:

Few things like to know more : :(

1) Please explain about ringtones with .dat file. This extension is not supported by MMS portal.

2) Can we still send ringtones/Wallpaper through our email as attachment i.e. without using this MMS portal.

3) Can 6130 support Wav file also. In case you have pls. send. In ringtone section, I could not found any wav file, except one - Gayatri Mantra but it is more than 100kb.

1) Please explain about ringtones with .dat file. This extension is not supported by MMS portal.

2) Can we still send ringtones/Wallpaper through our email as attachment i.e. without using this MMS portal.

3) Can 6130 support Wav file also. In case you have pls. send. In ringtone section, I could not found any wav file, except one - Gayatri Mantra but it is more than 100kb.

36933[/snapback]

There r different extensions/formats supported by different phones. u must be glad that LG6130 supports .mid which is a widely used format for ringtones n am sure u'll find tonnes of them on the net. *.dat was/is supported by LG2030 and alike. Hence forget that format now when u have a 6130.

Without using the MMS Portal, i doubt its not possible as of now.

*.wav is a very heavy format and hence not really recommended for tones. i too dont have any tones in that format.

hey guys,

finally went n got an lg 6130, seems like a good toy.

stuff like a nice screen n practical user solutions make it pretty cool,the key pad aint that good.

i bougt this data cable cord from a local market for like 300 rupees had a lil box which the shop keeper told me wopuld charge the fone, the dman thing just dint work n no r connect nuthin worked n neithr did it charge, i returned the thing n went n got a better quality cord for 500 without that lil box in between the wire so it dosent quite charge the fone but after trying many many times rconnect finally worked when i selected the COM 3 port in port options.

after that i dlaoded the lg pc sync n link fmr the url given on the rimweb site,

whn i run the lg lite thngeee it just asks me for 2 ports to select from ..one is com 1 n n the otehr is com 2....i guesss id i can somehow select com 3 n if it did appear there ,thn it would detect my phone while tyrn to sync n link....

my sync n link aint workin jus shows conectin to phone n disconnects in 47 seconds.....

plzzz tellll me what to do....coz really wnat this feature to work n the bloddy relaince ppl n lg ppl dnt knw nuthn abt ths.....

thnx

:quest::quest::quest:;);):angry::blink:

<TOPIC MERGED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

Today I purchase LG 6130.

I have some question about it.

1. Where is the MMS option in Rworld

2. When I open rec. mms I got the error message that R-world not ready

Please solve my problem.

Thanks in advance

36933[/snapback]

There r different extensions/formats supported by different phones. u must be glad that LG6130 supports .mid which is a widely used format for ringtones n am sure u'll find tonnes of them on the net. *.dat was/is supported by LG2030 and alike. Hence forget that format now when u have a 6130.

Without using the MMS Portal, i doubt its not possible as of now.

*.wav is a very heavy format and hence not really recommended for tones. i too dont have any tones in that format.

36953[/snapback]

Thanks Chirag. :)

You are right. I could find out many ringtones in .mid format. Thanks to 6130 that ir supports this format. But from last tow day MMS portal is giving error message as mentioned by me earlier. When we try to Add Slide it gives Error message.

You earlier said that sending MMS to our own number is not chargeable. Just wanted to reconfirm with you. Is it still free?? What is the charge in case we send to other number.

Can we convert mp3 songs to midi format or wav to midi format ?

plzzz tellll me what to do....coz really wnat this feature to work n the bloddy relaince  ppl n lg ppl dnt knw nuthn  abt ths.....

Dear Xshay421,

I also bought cable at @ 350/-. First I tried USB cable, but could not find any driver for the same. The driver what ever available with me I tried, only LG lite worked , but not LG Link. I have not tried R connect. Then I replaced it with COM port cable and everyting worked well. I have also asked ppl to send me USB driver in case anyone is successfully using it, but not received any response. And as you said don't expect help from Reliance and LG ppl.

You can try proper USB dirver for your cable. For COM port cable there is no problem.

Edited by Arun

How can i send ringtone in LG 6130. :)

the problem is that when i send mms from my computer through outlook express, i rec mms but i can not open it. it give error r-world not ready. When i open inbox in camera menu it shows 0 message.

I call CC for this they saying that this mobile not support mms feature.

I also try the mms portal many times but it says that

::: Currently, MMS service through this portal is not supported for the kind of handset you are using ! This feature will be enabled soon. ::::

How many day it takes to activate this service. :)

Please help me.

Edited by ashishbabu

Dear Ashishbabu,

Let me thank you for putting a great ringtone collection in respective thread.

I have also tried many times sending rintones through outlook express. Pls. read Chirag's reply. Now we can not send ringtones through outlook or other emails. The only way is MMS portal and it's under RIM control. Never expect anything from CC or ASC, they will simply accept that there is a problem in 6130 regarding MMS receipt. This foolish guy are really playing with LG brand image.

I could receive ringtone last on 29th July and after that MMS portal gives message after we click to Add slide as "An internal error has occurred. The operation could not be completed".

If anyone knows pls suggest what to do. Now in Mumbai situation is well. :D

Is there any paid or free service or any method from where we can download voice ringtones in LG 6130.

All i know is that the MMS Sent thru the Portal dont reflect in my bill... Now that is the case wid almost all here. So till then, happy Free MMSing!

MMS Portal is working fine now. Just now I have downloaded Gayatri Mantra which is @ 115kb and successfully saved in my mobile. So I think we can download bigger size MMS also.

Is there any charges if we send MMS to others through this portal? What I understood is now if we login through our own number and send MMS to our number there is no charge, but if we send to other there will be some charge. Please reply.

Yes I also now able to send mms through mms portal, but the problem is that today when i logged on my mms portal it shows

User account database down. Please contact your carrier for more information.

What does it mean?

User account database down. Please contact your carrier for more information.

37287[/snapback]

I guess that this portal is not fully developed by RIM. but instead by a third party company. Hence that error.

And abt the charges for MMS, i haven't ever tried sending MMS to others.. Probs u can try and check ur bill and let us all know :(

damn it aint workin for me now....

whn i log on it says somthn like...this portal aint available for the fone ur using plz contact ur provider or some crap//////

how bout othrsss:(((

<POST MOVED!>

Edited by Vishal Gupta

:( Same problem here...so wait and watch. :(

If we get some software by which we can download ringtone to LG mobile, just imagine......... Well till then just rely on this protal. But atleast we have something for downloading ringtones. otherwise useless ringtone on R-World and that too at Rs. 7/- and also not so good at India Times... :angry:

About MMS charges, I don't see my bill. Our company pays this and so I may not to about the charges for MMS I send to others. If the charges are on very higher side I may have to bear. So asking this to you guys.

6/8/05, 3.00 p.m.

Just now I could download ringtone and Wallpaper.... Enjoy............ :help:

Edited by Jatin