Which mail u prefer?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Which mail u prefer?

• paid pop3 access
    • free pop3 access
    • ISP's email
    • free webmail
    • Hotmail (IMAP)

its better to use paid pop3 access as indian companies like rediff now offering such services as low as 249 a year with some decent mail storage. so why use bad and slower free service when good professional services are available for as low as 249.

hi guys,

i have edited the poll. coz i thought that there are many ppl who dont use any email client. most usually use yahoo or hotmail or rediffmail free version.

anyway i think that some of the free pop3 mail clients are quite good. unless ofcourse u want to have the name of a brand as someone had earlier pointed out. but for normal web surfing needs its quite useful to have a stable and reliable free pop3 mail. so i use gawab for most of my email needs, like newsletter, applying for membership etc etc. for personal correspondence i give out my rediff or yahoo mail id. the benifit is i can use my yahoo rediff and hotmail without getting any spam at all. and i only get spammed on my pop3 mail. i use one pop3 account for more regular use. for those websites which im sure would not spam, thus i am able to save all the emails which sometimes turn out to be very useful. for other sites i give out one of my other email accounts that too at gawab. if i get too much spam, i just open another account....

why pay money when u can have it for free

and even those paid service wont give u any guarantee or any data protection. if u lose any mail its still the same as free service. maybe u get extra storage, but whats that good for when ur downloading all the mails. the only benifit is u can get bigger attachments and send bigger attachments... r u sending mp3s???

oh i forgot to add something

when i want to send some big files or recieve big files only then do i use my isp's email. it is fast too that way.....

Edited by Tushar

wht does IMAP stand for over there??

And where do Rediff, Yahoo etc hold in this poll ? in the webmail ?

rediff and yahoo comes under 2 catagories. if ur using free service then it woud be free webmail, if u have paid for it then its paid pop3.

IMAP stands for internet mail access protocol. hotmail uses IMAP, there are some other sites which use IMAP, i think Netscape is one.

hi akbar here i use pay version of sify it quite good i get fast results that i want so paid version is quite good

With regards

Akbar

Check out gawab.com 10 mb size, free pop3 smtp.

Thats too much :( i will add this to favourates

What SPYMAC or RIMWEB.com ?? :P

Thats too much :( i will add this to favourates

What SPYMAC or RIMWEB.com ?? :P

both :P i started loving this forum :D specialy the one liner SMS great collections. The other best part is I can change the screen too :P

i have been using spymac for a while now, but it seems their pop server is not that reliable. coz many times i havn't been able to connect using outlook. also while reading their forum i came across a post saying that it was compulaory that u use pop3 client so u dont really get 1gb space. unless u keep a copy of your email on the server.

btw google is coming up with their email called gmail, it is not available to the public, just for testing. but they are going to give 1 gb, and they have really changed the way it looks.

i mean you can put lables instead of putting it in different folders. tht way some email can have more than one label. also u can get your email correspondence in order. meaning, tht you can see the email u got the reply u send and so on. almost as if its a chat window. maybe almost like a forum.

well you can see how it looks like at gmail.com

it seems pretty cool. also they have given some email to a few ppl. people who were regular posters at blogger got it.

there is another site called gmailswap.com. if someone who has an account is interested in giving someone else that account they can do that. you just have to give them something really good though. kinda like barter system. i doubt if it would work though. but you can wait till gmail officially launches, and get an email account. it would be worth the wait.