Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
cruiser

Port Blocking By Reliance

Hey guys,

Does reliance block any ports for p2p apps or something like that? P2p is all legit since i could be downloading freeware stuff (as i do :help: ) but does reliance do any monitoring?

I even saw a post where a guy simply keeps his Kazaa on so that the phone doesnt go dormant.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Cruiser

Na i dont think there are any port blocks in r-connect :help:

What about monitoring? like the RIAA **** in US. I know we got no law here but doesnt hurt to know.

Insiders please speak up remember your loyalty you pledged to RIMWEB. :help:

RIL does NOT block any ports dude...

like cruiser said, i think RIAA and such agencies have started busting p2p torrent uploaders...meaning - ur tracker site may be down and thats why ur d/ls are stalled...

try someother tracker maybe...

keep browsing :confuse:

Till now have not seen Reliance blocking P2P. Its bit difficult to block Bittorrents cause the tracker sites keep changing!!

RIL does NOT block any ports dude...

like cruiser said, i think RIAA and such agencies have started busting p2p torrent uploaders...meaning - ur tracker site may be down and thats why ur d/ls are stalled...

try someother tracker maybe...

keep browsing :'(

25080[/snapback]

What are the implications of the RIAA/Feds/The Government on us, if any? Legally.

Edited by cruiser

good question bro....im not sure if i know all the implications...

i heard(of course thro such forums) from ppl who were actually sent legal notices from MGM, the film company...they informed the ISP also..anyways thats U.S, not India.

back here, my buddy got a memo from our institution's Computer department for d/l ing new tamil movies...and it was not even p2p....but they were NEW movies.

we do have a few tips for safer file-sharing...

avoid downloading (if possible:) ) brand new movies/albums...they are just TOO hot.

Do NOT use p2p file-sharing in a LAN...u might get into trouble...locally.

stop uploading once u get ur 1:1 ratio right ...no real need to keep the u/l going after that.

this may not be directly related - but it sure is wise to have "Peer Gaurdian" and/or "Protowall" running.

thats about what i've gathered so far...im sure ppl have better suggestions to improve on...

cheers