Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
chandramauli

Delhi Police Slaps Case On Reliance

New Delhi, Feb 01: Reliance continues to dominate headlines for all the wrong reasons. Reliance Infocomm is now facing a legal hurdle because of its website.

0db6ad17-6605-4187-991c-987bece6b122_1.jpg

The Delhi police have registered a case against Reliance for violating the preconception and prenatal diagnostic technique act.

Police say that the website provides information about sex determination of an unborn child.

"On the website there are tips on sex selection which are against the Preconception and Prenatal Diagnostic Technique Act 1994," says Ashok Chand, DCP, Special Cell.

The matter came to light when Delhi police filed a complaint in the Tiz Hazari court and the court in turn asked the police to investigate the case. "We will investigate Reliance Infocomm's role in this," adds the DCP.

Defending itself, Reliance says that as soon as it got to know about this violation, it withdrew the objectionable information from its website.

Reliance is a responsible company, it's one of the biggest companies touching so many lives accross the sub-continent.

Never expected such things from reliance

which part of relianceinfo had this information?

I never noticed such a thing

which section was it under?

Its under WomensWorld application. Yes, as per the Indian laws, its not allowed.

GOSH!!! How may cases are against Reliance!!!

Reliance is a responsible company, it's one of the biggest companies touching so many lives accross the sub-continent.

Never expected such things from reliance

25804[/snapback]

Oh come on now!

are you serious?

This is a clearcut case of content being outsourced. Nobody would have bothered going through the document. One fine day, like this, they get caught with their ahnds in the pocket.

i have complained about the use of the word BROADBAND for their 128Kbps connection! According to DOT and TRAI its not BROADBAND. It's illegal and false info! I have not received any response from reliance :@ How do I contact the chairman???

i have complained about the use of the word BROADBAND for their 128Kbps connection! According to DOT and TRAI its not BROADBAND. It's illegal and false info! I have not received any response from reliance :@ How do I contact the chairman???

if u have a proper look at the site. it mentions that :"* TRAI has classified speeds greater than or equal to 256 Kbps as broadband. "

have a look at this link : http://www.relianceinfo.com/Infocomm/Broad...tariffplan.html