Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
joshm

Update Verizon Fascinate i500 to Gingerbread, Ice Cream Sandwich and Jellybean

Thats strange coz the issue was fixed on ed05 and onwards.

Try flashing eh03 radio and geewiz 2.8kernel

From my utterly Fascinating I500 Fascinate :-)

@ phonegeek the md5 should be

2c11eb3eeb7eb4f8ed70794a8c2bd011

In case I want to take it to Samsung service (I bought the phone just a week back)...........

i doubt, samsung would honor the warrenty, as the stock was quite old, and the terms of liquidation stock by Reliance clearly states that "No Warrenty". Try your luck, though.. :)

I bought many phones, during the stock liquidation :P but never got warrenty on any handset. :(

i) Blackberry 8130 & Blackberry 8110 @ Rs. 2500.00 each.

ii) Blackberry Tour 9630 @ Rs. 8000.00

iii) LG RD 6600 @ Rs. 2500.00

iv) LG KP100 (GSM) & Nokia 1325 @ Rs. 600.00 each.

Dear Joshm,

I am not a very techy person. things are told by you, is taking some time to me for understand. It is my fault only. sorry for that.....

I have not done the red recovery or rooting before so, I don't know what it is. Now I am going to told you the step by step procedure of rooting which you have mentioned :

please tell me if any thing going wrong.....

1. download the Su file http://www.mediafire...38vozx7n37u02a5

2. place it in the root of SD card

3. turn off phone

4. flash the red recovery

5. don't reboot

with three fingers go in recovery and flash this super user file from with recovery.

this will root your phone.

here what I am understand is, after placing the Su file in Sd card, turn off the phone, put the phone in download mode.....for red recovery

..switch off phone

.. remove battery

.. hold vol down button and insert data cable

.. a big yellow DOWNLOAD triangle will show on phone screen

.. double click ODIN to run

..now on ODIN screen just hit PDA button and give path to the red recovery TAR file stored on your PC(cwm-recovery-ALL.tar) and hit start.

post-69747-0-12039800-1337580935_thumb.j

don't reboot

after red recovery done put the battery back and with three fingers go to recovery(press volume up and down with power button)

flash this Su file which is in side the root of SD card with recovery option.

now it is rooted.

Yes thats how you do it.

All the best

Hello Joshm,

I am not updated with fascinate these days, which one from ics is more stable?

please do let me want to flash ICS. I used THS 6.1 and gummy version, 3 months ago.

I usually use hotspot a lot.

I also faced a issue in which read write speed of data copying was slow in ICS. might be slowed in updated version.

planning to get ICS tonight.

Thanks joshm

Hi

I feel Reliance has locked the handset such that the radio cannot be changed by flashing modem.bin

Still waiting for a suitable answer.

Sunil aokp is awesome, everything is working great in it

Follow the tutorial i have posted and thanks again for the Data fix file ciz without your help i would never have been able to try aokp ics.

Maverick try and search for a cwm flashable radio, i think eh03 is available somewhere.

@joshm

@maverick75

I finally had to go to the Samsung service centre. They finally resolved the factory reset problem I had, but am back to eclair 2.1.

Firmware version: 2.1 -update 1

Baseband version: S:i500.04 V.DL10

Kernel: 2.6.29

Build Number: SCH-i500.DL14

Atleast, have a working phone now, but back to square 1 :(

Thanks again for all your help,

Kartik.

I think you can update to froyo officially via updates.

Hi Kartik,

The safest way to upgrade to atleast froyo is to connect ur phone to samsung kies mini, let it search for the upgrade which is Ek10 & update it. That was the very first thing i had done on my handset.

:Sorprendido:

Hi Kartik,

The safest way to upgrade to atleast froyo is to connect ur phone to samsung kies mini, let it search for the upgrade which is Ek10 & update it. That was the very first thing i had done on my handset.

:Sorprendido:

Do you have the link for the kies mini for the sch i500. Is there a specific one for reliance india or will any version do?

Thanks, Kartik.

@Kartik... you can download the kies mini software from Samsung website or you might have got the CD too with your handset. Do keep your internet on before starting the kies mini software so that it can check for update for your phone.

BTW, can someone help me with a Cmw flashable EH 03 RADIO. Or Eh 03 complete rom flashable through Cwm .

I need this as I am not able to go past the modem.bin using Odin. This will help me get to eh 03 stock so that I can then flash AOKP Ics rom

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Edited by Maverick75

If u are on any eh03 even then u can flash ics.

If u are on any eh03 even then u can flash ics.

Can i Flash ICS rom even if i am on eh18 baseband ?? I'm curently on geewiz 2.8 system & kernal with eh18 radio. Sliver1 had faced a problem loading ICS on geewiz, thats why i wanted to flash stock EH03 first (that too from CWM) . Dint want any complications

Edited by Maverick75

Yes, i am syre it wint make any differnce as long as u ll follow the proper procedure

Now I want update to ICS with all stocks but my USB data cable is not recognize by my PC.

it is charging, asking for mass storage and on screen usb is connected but not shown in the PC.

by changing the port front to back no solution found. two days back it is working. I have two OS XP and Win 7.

both are same problem. please any body help.....

Edited by amitroutray

Amit : not a big deal install samsung usb drivers once more on pc, over the old drivers.

Then connect phone and let winfows find the updated drivers for your phone based on ics

• Like 1

@ joshm: I am going to update ICS, not update yet. sorry for the mistake.

but due to this problem I am not able to going further. tryed in different PCs also.

the problem is the same. but in the device manager(Port) it is coming(other PC).

@ Joshm : now I am able to connect the phone with my PC and done the red recovery and it is PASS.

then put the battery back and with three fingers go to recovery for flash the Su file with recovery option.

but I am not found recovery option there. can I do the Install zip from SD card and flash it. please help me.

then for nandroid back up can I do the enable nandroid progress option or only hit the backup and restore.

regards,

Yes you ll have to go to flash zip option and select the su file and install it.

Reboot and u ll b rooted

After that update the su app and once done reboot in recovery

Go to backup and recovery and then hit backup.

The phone will bsckup ur rom

Plz mske sure that you have sufficient space on your sd card

@ Joshm:

Thanks again, by your procedure I have done the nandroid backup. as you said rename the back up file as soon as possible but it is not allow me to done. Said rename failed. after 2-3 hours when I am again try it is done. I have rename it to todays date. the extention is .45 for the file.

As you said my next step will be flash EH03 with atlas pit through Odin before start updating ICS process. one thing, I have done the red recovery. will again flash the ClockWorkMode recovery fixed for CM9 ?

regards,

Sent from my Fascinate using Tapatalk

@Joshm :

one thing in step no. 6 you mention that wipe data > wipe cache > wipe dalvik. wipe for one time or three time.

in step no. 8 wipe data here also same question.

@joshm,

Updated to EK10 using kies. Now i wanted to do a complete backup before trying anything other update so that the factory reset problem does not occur again. How do I go about that. What exactly is a nandroid backup?

Thanks in advance, Kartik.

@kki :

nandroid backup is somthing like restore point in your PC. Every thing going to be backup your rom, data, app... everything. If somthing happens you just select restore, it restores all. For that you must root your phone. You can follow the steps but be assure from Joshm you need the same file which I have use. B'coz we have different ROMs.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Edited by amitroutray