Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Xeno

MTS service not working after flashing new ROM on MTS Pulse handset (Rebranded HTC Eris)

I have a MTS pulse handset( rebranded HTC eris). I cannot make or recieve calls or sms and there is no data. This happened after flashing a new ROM which is very strange because flashing a ROM doesnt change the cdma settings as far as i know. Still i checked the settings using QPST and the mobile number was entered as 0000000000 while other settings were mostly ok. It also seemed that the prl was changed since i was constantly getting a roaming sign.I tried changing the PRL(tried a few found in the forums and on the web) and it did get rid of the roaming sign but still cannot make calls or anything else. I called MTS to check if it was a problem at their end and they said that my number was properly activated on their end. I visited their service center,got the phone reverted back to the original software and still no luck. I assume that they only flashed the stock ROM and did not make any changes to the cdma settings or prl. I again asked the customer care for help but they seem to have absolutely no clue as to what is going on and neither do the people at the service center.

If someone could give me the correct settings and PRL for MTS or tell me if im missing something because i dont have much experience regarding cdma phones and all.

Thanks

You should take it to HTC ASC.

Still i checked the settings using QPST and the mobile number was entered as 0000000000 while other settings were mostly ok.

Normally custom rom don't change the Nam settings.

BTW In QPST, this 0000000000 is in Directory Field or IMSI field?

Both

Still i checked the settings using QPST and the mobile number was entered as 0000000000 while other settings were mostly ok.

Normally custom rom don't change the Nam settings.

BTW In QPST, this 0000000000 is in Directory Field or IMSI field?

Both. I changed the directory # to my mobile no. and that automatically changes the IMSI field as well.

I just checked QPST again and in the CDMA tab ,the phone number box seems to have 2 options,class 1 having my phone no. with 4059 added before it,which wasnt selected by default and the other are 3 different fields named MCC, 11_12 and IMSI_S. MCC is 405,11_12 89 is 89 and IMSI_S is my number. Im not sure about any of these settings except for the MCC and IMSI.

I took it to service centre and as i said they thought it was a software problem so they reflashed the phone which only seems to have reflashed the ROM.They then said that its a problem at MTS's end. So i called MTS again and they asked me to visit the service center :/ . Those idiots dont seem to have any idea as to whats going on.Ill get it replaced under warranty but thats gonna take alot of time and the service center is pretty far away from my place so i thought i'd be better to try it myself,also i need the phone working urgently.

contact Sadikk bhai on the forum,he may help!

If your IMSI / MIN field is also 0000000000, and you don't have that written anywhere.

You might have to go for long process, unless there is any system in MTS to get MIN from their database.

Get you number transferred to UIM and than back to Phone by using *228.

This is what happens in case of Reliance. If we accidently reomve the IMSI/MIN from phone, you can't get it back from anywhere.

And without this your phone will never be able to call / SMS.

On setting the Mobile directory number to my 10 digit phone no.,QPST automatically changes the IMSI_S to the same. My MIN2 value is the first 3 digits of my phone number and MIN2 is the last 7 digits. However ,true IMSI,true MIN1 and true MIN2 are different.