Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
abhi.r

Verizon Launched Droid Razr Maxx Today!

Verizon Wireless Takes DROID RAZR™ To The MAXX™ On Jan. 26

The DROID RAZR™ MAXX™ by Motorola will be available on Jan. 26 in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores and online at www.verizonwireless.com for $299.99 with a new two-year customer agreement. At just 8.99 mm, the RAZR MAXX is the longest-lasting smartphone on the block and still impossibly thin. Customers can have a smartphone with the endurance to talk on the phone for more than 21 hours straight on a single charge. Equipped with the same great features as the original DROID RAZR, customers can expect to rip through the Web at blazing speeds with a dual-core 1.2 GHz processor and Verizon Wireless 4G LTE. Verizon Wireless leads the way in 4G with the fastest and most reliable 4G network in the United States, covering more than 200 million people in 195 markets.

Additional features:

Powered by Android™ 2.3.5 Gingerbread, upgradable to Android™ 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich

Powerful 3300 mAh battery

8-megapixel rear-facing camera with 1080p HD video capture and image stabilization technology for crisp and clear videos

Front-facing HD camera for video chat over 4G LTE, 3G or Wi-Fi

4G LTE Mobile Hotspot capable – customers can share 4G LTE speed with up to eight Wi-Fi-enabled devices

Remote wipe, pin lock and government-grade encryption for email, calendar and contacts, as well as voice and video chat conferencing

32 GB memory – 16 GB on-board memory and 16 GB microSD™ card pre-installed (actual formatted capacity is less)

Customers that purchase a DROID RAZR MAXX will need to subscribe to a Verizon Wireless Nationwide Talk plan beginning at $39.99 monthly access and a smartphone data package starting at $30 monthly access for 2 GB of data. For more information on Verizon Wireless products and services, visit a Verizon Wireless Communications Store, call 1-800-2 JOIN IN or go to www.verizonwireless.com.

Source: http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/24/droid-razr-maxx-hits-verizon-on-january-26th-for-299-on-contrac/

When are we getting this chubby beauty on rimweb? :)

• Like 1

Too bad... It is NOT a world edition phone like photon or inc2....

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

I liked the 7mm super slim profile of the original Droid Razr better.

Its 3300 MAh battery.. And 8.9 MM thickness is way too less for a battery like this. But Its CDMA only...

Its 3300 MAh battery.. And 8.9 MM thickness is way too less for a battery like this. But Its CDMA only...

But as per Gsm Arena...

It has.....

GENERAL 2G Network CDMA 800 / 1900 GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 3G Network CDMA2000 1xEV-DO HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100 4G Network LTE 700 MHz Class 13

I dont understand the point of having of world edition phone. eventually It will only work on one network at a time.

I would surely love to buy this phone it if comes under 20K, but then again it's just me and my dreams. :(

it must cost around 30-35kish including all the custom, courier, registration charges. :(

I dont understand the point of having of world edition phone. eventually It will only work on one network at a time.

Point is there, You have the flexibility of using it on GSM network, Hence phone will not be lying un-used. If you ever wish to sell, It can be sold as GSM only handset.

Its launched at 299$ with 2 year Contract... So price should be 35k+, rest can't be commented on.

Edited by kapilthio

Point is there, You have the flexibility of using it on GSM network, Hence phone will not be lying un-used. If you ever wish to sell, It can be sold as GSM only handset.

I get the point now :)

As a seller : Easy to sell

As a buyer: Easy to re-sell.

Edited by abhi.r

I get the point now :)

As a seller : Easy to sell

As a buyer: Easy to re-sell.

The point is not to just to get better resale value or dispose it quickly. Rather take it this way one can enjoy cheap call rates of CDMA and make best use of 3G data speeds on GSM. Mate I am using Motorola photon and trust me there is no comparison between evdo and 3G speeds.

Agreed you can use only one network at a time but you can always use call forwarding feature which I personally use. Also changing network in mopho takes 3 secs which would be same for Rmaxx.

I am too following Rmaxx since its rumors surfaced. However same as original razor this silk smita :) too comes with non removable battery which can be a horror if your phone hangs.

Just imagine waiting for 21 hours so that your phone's battery could eventually die and you can restart your phone unless some other reset option is provided without battery pull.

:previous:

i dont think we need to pull battery on Android anymore.

as it hardly gets hang, if something is wrong it give Force Close Error

:previous:

You are absolutely correct brother, but there are instances though negligible where you have to do the battery pull. And seriously I will not be willing to take such a risk :hypocrite:

For EPIC, correct once a three month... For MoPho, its thrice a month from my experience...

Buying an android where the battery is fixed and you can't pull is similar to buying a car without break. Harakiri.

Battery pull is a regular requirement, more so with HTC Sense in my experience.