Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Maverick75

Enabling data on Samsung SCH-i500 using custom ROM

In stock rom, I have to set up the APN first in order to enable the 1x/3g data. To set it up I need to go to settings-wireless and network - mobile networks - cdma data settings

In this menu I can setup the apn that I use. The settings that work for this network are as follows

Name Reliance Net Connect

PPP Digit: #777

Username : my 10 digit mobile number

Password : my mobile number again

Security : chap

Data bearer : none

After doing this setting my phone connects to 1x/3g data networks

Custom Gingerbread Rom (TouchWiz and Mtd)

Scene 1:

As per all the guides that accompany the roms regarding correct flashing, all say that we need to wipe data, dalvik and cache. If I follow this and wipe all three (specially data), I have a properly working phone except for the data. I lose connection to the 1x/3g data networks. Everything else works fine.

I have already tried copy pasting the files in the system /etc/ ppp folder. Also tried replacing the apns config file with the file from stock rom with no positive results.

Scene 2

If I flash the geewiz 2.8 , geewiz 2.9 or tsm 2.2 resurrection rom directly over my stock rom, without wiping the Data, dalvik and cache, I get a perfectly working phone with 1x/3g data working.

This works only for TouchWiz froyo and GB roms as the data files are different in mtd roms.

Scene 3

If I flash the geewiz 3.2 Jelly bean rom without wiping data, dalvik and cache, the phone stays at the X logo permanently.

If I wipe all three, the phone works properly but again I lose my 1x/3g connection.

From all the above scenarios, it is confirmed that the data connectivity is dependant on the data files as whenever they are wiped or converted to mtd, I lose data connection.

Is there any solution for this problem you can think of?

• Like 1

Have you tried getting an MEID based username/password data dump file from a reputed seller instead of configuring APN/MDN based data settings?

Once it's registered in Reliance System THEN you can flash it through CDMA Workshop in NV items even if APN based Data parameters get wiped out every time you flash a Custom ROM.

if i remember correctly, OP has official i500 by reliance..

triggered from tappa-talk 2...