Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums

I have till now used Galaxy Pop CDMA and Galaxy Y CDMA. I have been facing this problem everytime I try and use the gps to find my location.

When just the GPS is on, the device takes a long time to find location and most of the time it says that the device is unable to find location. Then when I use the wireless networks( Which I understand is agps - correct if I am wrong), it gives a location. But the locations is very broad and covers like half a city.

Have all the ppl using CDMA devices faced the same problem?

Can anybody suggest a solution for this?

I have seen HTC handsets taking more time to lock a location when compared to Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 which locks very fast for me even indoors.

I use my Samsung Google Nexus S 4g for GPS Navigation (thanks to Sygic Maps). I have found that if I switch on data, my GPS location acquisition is almost instant, including when am at home on wifi. If data is off, sometimes it does take quite a while before satellites are acquired. I am on Reliance CDMA.

Regards

Rahul

I have seen HTC handsets taking more time to lock a location when compared to Sprint Samsung Galaxy S3 which locks very fast for me even indoors.

For me it is the other way. My EVO connects to Sygic in a jiffy. S3 takes a little longer. Is it any installation issue in S3.

Even on wifi I have observed same. But on EVDO data it shows a more central location. Like the probable place where the data server is located for Reliance. This is very annoying as I am not able to use the phone for finding out where I am especially cause I am in a new city.

Try this trick which worked well on epic 4g

Install Gps toolbox

Before switching on map application, launch Gps tool box. Launch map application only after Gps tool box latches to satellites

• Like 1

Wifi location help is not so good in india.. Because our wifi routers don't have location.. I tried switching wifi on to improve location and it showed me the location of my service provider..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Try this trick which worked well on epic 4g

Install Gps toolbox

Before switching on map application, launch Gps tool box. Launch map application only after Gps tool box latches to satellites

GPS toolbox is good to work with epic because it had GPS connection errors.. Which is why in the earlier gingerbread builds you had to flash a gps mod to give proper response.. Let's hope this method works with all phones..

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2