Reliance Jio & Reliance Mobile Discussion Forums
Sign in to follow this  
krangara

Analysing RIM

Hey all

I am a graduate student of Telecommunications at University of Maryland in USA. As part of our marketing strategy course we are supposed to analyze one company.....I am originally from India, and Reliance Infocomm is obviously one of the top-notch telecom companies out there......hence, I decided to research about it....I would definitely appreciate your inputs to the following questions:

1. What is your opinion on RI's overall marketing strategy?

2. Do you propose any recommendations to improve their strategies?

3. What do you think are its strengths and weaknesses?

4. Do you anticipate any threats for RI in the near future? In other words, do you think its position as the market leader could be threatened by any factors?

Thanks in advance!!!!!

KITTY!

If you could search in the "Reliance Infocomm" forum, you can find a word document by "city02" with a very detailed research content of Reliance Infocomm.

Hey all

I am a graduate student of Telecommunications at University of Maryland in USA.  As part of our marketing strategy course we are supposed to analyze one company.....I am originally from India, and Reliance Infocomm is obviously one of the top-notch telecom companies out there......hence, I decided to research about it....I would definitely appreciate your inputs to the following questions:

1.  What is your opinion on RI's overall marketing strategy? 

2.  Do you propose any recommendations to improve their strategies?

3.  What do you think are its strengths and weaknesses?

4. Do you anticipate any threats for RI in the near future?  In other words, do you think its position as the market leader could be threatened by any factors? 

Thanks in advance!!!!! 

KITTY!

29936[/snapback]

Reply to query no.

1. Bewilderingly superfluous. Stopped relying on RIL :blink:

2. Never thought about it as most of the time goes for lodging complaints. :'(

3. Strength: Enterpreneurship of the management, Sales Strategies B)

Weakness: Customer Service, Network Integrity :(

4. Yes. Threat comes from TATA as the credibility factor of RIL is terribly lower than TATA.

Hey all

1.  What is your opinion on RI's overall marketing strategy? 

2.  Do you propose any recommendations to improve their strategies?

3.  What do you think are its strengths and weaknesses?

4.   Do you anticipate any threats for RI in the near future?  In other words, do you think its position as the market leader could be threatened by any factors? 

29936[/snapback]

was very good at the start but now i dont know why the aggressition has decreased

yup get more phones with the lower than the lowest packages!!!!! get back the user confidence which has gone down drasticalllllllly

strengts = largest network

weekness = under utilization of its network

strengths = can do must more

weekness = growing but the rate is diminishing (launch more services as soon as possible)

yeah the major ones would be bharti and bsnl-mtnl

recommendation 1) launch and get as many users as possible because the services which you plan to introduce have an eye upon by other bigges as well WIZ bharti , bsnl-mtnl. lauch it as soon as possible

recommendation 2) agressevly influnce user psychology urs shares gonna go down othervise eg like bharti did a pan india presence including north-east india.

the most stupid thing reliance did accc to me ofcource

when it had reliance 700 scheme in landline which enables users to call unlimited to reliance phones which was big previously (cut off nearly 10 per cent of its subscriber base of 1.1 crore) which now make it to some 90 +.

in which sitution would you think its would be better to take the scheme in 10% of the whole suscriber base stititution (biggest player in the market)

or in the situation where a 4 biggest player in the market

****assuming the calls are free it its own network

1. What is your opinion on RI's overall marketing strategy?

* Its just false promises. They dont deliver.

2. Do you propose any recommendations to improve their strategies?

* Yeah, just be honest to your customers.

3. What do you think are its strengths and weaknesses?

* Lotsa money! No business ethics.

4. Do you anticipate any threats for RI in the near future? In other words, do you think its position as the market leader could be threatened by any factors?

* Yep, it could be very well threatened by the state owned MTNL, BSNL i.e. in the telecom sector. They have great network coverage. Their networks are average. They have really good offers AND the biggest advantage they have is they are HONEST to their subscribers. I am an MTNL subscriber and I am VERY happy with their GSM services.

Looks as though he quoted the wrong post in his reply. Anyway, you should be able to make it out why he thanked you :help:

If you could search in the "Reliance Infocomm" forum, you can find a word document by "city02" with a very detailed research content of Reliance Infocomm.

can you please give me the link for the forum